Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587978 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2700 on: February 10, 2006, 10:38 AM »
More scalping openly at the old "Collect to Collect" originators eh?  Who'd a thunk that?

Nice.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: February 10, 2006, 12:04 PM »
Apparently the same thing happened to the Los Angeles page a while back. People either started bragging too much about scalping or were way to agressive in using the store reports and everyone just stopped posting. The LA page went away for a long time.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2702 on: February 10, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Its funny you guys mention that,  because a friend told me that the Florida threads turned to **** because of people blatantly scalping too. I guess those sections are just unmodded. I wouldn't really know though, since Scum still hasn't put in an Indiana section  :P
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: February 10, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Frankly, I think you guys should let it go. About 75% of the JD members are RS defectors, and we all did it for the same reason. Starting threads, beating the same old dead horse, belly-aching over Rebelscum's demise and perpetual downfall is pointless. Gossipping is for old ladies at beauty salons.

Let's just..stop.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: February 10, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Yeah, I agree - when we post topics about RS it looks like we miss the place.

Maybe we should treat RS like we do politics.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2705 on: February 10, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Frankly, I think you guys should let it go. About 75% of the JD members are RS defectors, and we all did it for the same reason. Starting threads, beating the same old dead horse, belly-aching over Rebelscum's demise and perpetual downfall is pointless. Gossipping is for old ladies at beauty salons.

Let's just..stop.

Agreed. I know a lot of people here, myself included, couldn't care less what happens at RS, discuss RS at RS.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 04:34 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2706 on: February 10, 2006, 05:16 PM »
discuss RS at RS.

Easier said than done.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #2707 on: February 10, 2006, 05:37 PM »
I'm no fan of RS, and rarely post about it, but, on the flip side, am happy that there is an outlet to discuss it on the web in a relatively civilized way. Someday I may have the need. Where else on the net can the Scum lurkers come to see what people really think, anyway, without being able to censor, lock, or delete the criticism?

Personally, I’d say those that don’t want to post about it are free to not engage the thread. Those that do should try not to make it too personal with opposing opinions. Healthy discussion is a good thing.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: February 10, 2006, 08:14 PM »
I think the Claasified/Trading section is by far in the worst shape Ive seen it. When people post things they are selling/trading others just go in there to rip on them. Its pathetic.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: February 10, 2006, 08:51 PM »
discuss RS at RS.

Easier said than done.

Not if you're singing their praises - that's super-easy.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: February 11, 2006, 02:56 PM »
I'm no fan of RS, and rarely post about it, but, on the flip side, am happy that there is an outlet to discuss it on the web in a relatively civilized way.

Healthy discussion is a good thing.

With a handful of the threads pertaining to RS having been closed because they got out of hand, that's just all the more reason to get rid of the RS hang-up's. It's hard to imagine what's left for everyone to bitch about, though, seriously. Granted, I don't participate as much as I did back 5 years ago when I joined RS and eventually JD, but when I swing by the WJY nowadays, the Rebelscum pity thread is always hopping.

I think it's a waste of time to gawk and gab about how it's a shell of the forums we once knew. Post here, point out instances where they're failing...and then what? That's it? Don't see what's so hard about turning away from a 3 year old car wreck that's figuratively rusting away and moving on.

My adivce? Be glad JD isn't in the same state, learn from Rebelscum's mistakes, and push THIS SITE and THESE FORUMS into the forefront, so that it eventually eclipse RS. It's much more satisfying, and productive, than continuously pointing and laughing, which doesn't produce anything for either site other than fodder for a potential forum war. Again.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: March 5, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Rebelscum revised it's privacy policy, here's the link.

I may be a little slow, but isn't this a revision of the policy that got everyone here banned?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: March 5, 2006, 06:13 PM »
"It no longer allows for use of registered emails and/or addresses for advertising or marketing purposes by external parties, whether paid or for free.

We may create an opt-in list in the future, but it will be separately maintained from all other registrations."

???

I can't even figure out what that means.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: March 5, 2006, 06:16 PM »
They won`t sell/give your info anymore. Looks like they will have a time when
people can sign up to get email offers (cough)spam(cough).
I think this was what got everyone in an uproar last year when TRU mass emailed
all RS users, heyna?
Adam

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: March 5, 2006, 06:18 PM »
I was actually thinking about that the other day...

When there was the huge bitch fest about RS here up to a few weeks ago, I was wondering who actually remembered that it all started because of the email they sent and PW's response.

Oh well, too little too late.