Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588124 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2910 on: June 13, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Who thought up that piece of wit, a third grader?

You're giving him way too much credit.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2911 on: June 13, 2006, 07:18 PM »
GH has always been a place he runs to when annoyed by what he called "noobs" at Rebelscum (comical from someone so new himself, and who annoyed practically anyone with more time than he had accumulated), or when apparantly Scum tired of him enough themselves and spanked him.  That's just great though...

One of my favorite Matkatjackflackincloakanddagger moments from GH:

Your favorite SW movies in order?

This is tough. I love them all the same as a Saga.

But if I HAD to pick favorites, it would go like this:

AOTC - This movie is still my favorite due to Obi's detective work I really love the development of this side of his character. Also the Tatooine scenes, Geonosis scenes. and Obi-Ani scenes on Coruscant were great.

TPM - Obi vs Maul nuff said. Although I really liked the Trade Federaton army and the mysterious Sith. People hate on TPM, but I love it still.

ROTS - Best soundtrack, most dramatic, most duels, I love it.

ROTJ - Luke as a Jedi was awesome, not as a whiny punk as in ANH and ESB. Battle of Endor (all 3 parts) was fantastic.

ESB - OVERRATED

ANH - Seems rather boring when compared to the other 5 due to lack of a decent lightsaber duel.

But don't let this confuse you. I'm 22 years old and have been watching the OT since I was 8, and the PT started when I was like 15. I too grew up on the OT, but I favor the PT as being far more entertaining if I was just going to pull a SW DVD off the shelf to watch for fun.

So, just for the record, in MisterKenblowme's world, Phantom Menace is the second-best Star Wars film ever made, and Empire is the second-worst.

(Now, do I go with the "cuckoo" smiley, or the "blow my head off" smiley?)

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: June 13, 2006, 07:31 PM »
So, just for the record, in MisterKenblowme's world, Phantom Menace is the second-best Star Wars film ever made, and Empire is the second-worst.

(Now, do I go with the "cuckoo" smiley, or the "blow my head off" smiley?)

Is there a "dip****" smiley?
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: June 13, 2006, 07:42 PM »

You betcha'

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2914 on: June 13, 2006, 07:55 PM »
I mean, come on, the guy made an art out of being a forum peckerhead.  Goes to show all the more they pay attention to what's festering over there.

Nah, just goes to show that The Powers That Be only care about this, because this is something that was very pointedly directed at Hasbro.  And if you're Philip Wise, you don't want a Hasbro rep reading a thread on your boards which says "**** you, Hasbro," in it's opening remarks, not to mention all the other garbage he threw out there. 

Sure, it's the same garbage he's been throwing out for the past year and a half, but the difference is that all of that other garbage was directed at other users, and not Hasbro themselves.  Him treating everybody else--the little people--like **** is okay, because they don't do anything for you.  But, for obvious reasons, you want to maintain a positive relationship with Hasbro, and allowing a thread like that to continue in your forums is not the way to do that.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: June 13, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Can't blame them for not wanting people screaming ****-you-hasbro, but for God's sake they need to police him for the other ridiculous crap too.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2916 on: June 13, 2006, 08:09 PM »
But, for obvious reasons, you want to maintain a positive relationship with Hasbro, and allowing a thread like that to continue in your forums is not the way to do that.

And, given that, I'm kind of surprised Dustin left it up, instead of deleting it outright.  Jesse quoted the relevant stuff here, but has since removed it.  Who knows when someone there will think better of it and send it to the Rebelscum Phantom Zone.  You know, where all of the interesting threads go to die.

Someone should save that thread, somewhere, before it's too late. . .
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 08:10 PM by Grandma Tarkin »

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: June 14, 2006, 01:14 AM »

You betcha'

Or alternatively one of these:

Or even perhaps more appropriately this:

Or not

-Chris
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:25 AM by Chris »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2918 on: June 14, 2006, 01:32 AM »
Or even perhaps more appropriately this:

Or not

-Chris

Boy now that piqued my interest...  ;)  But yeah I'm guessing that was naughty.  Oh my...  Delicious.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: June 14, 2006, 09:29 AM »
I'd read some of that thread and I even reported it to the mods as something that didn't need to be on the boards but it went on for a few more days after I reported it.

I see that it's gone now.  I didn't see how it got wrapped up so if anyone saved it I'd love to read the outcome.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: June 14, 2006, 09:55 AM »
That makes two of us.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: June 14, 2006, 10:50 AM »
It just so happens that the pertinent part of the thread was saved:

MisterKenobi Wrote:
Dear Hasbro,

[censored] you.

C'mon! The pegs are clogged with the SAME [censored] FIGURES that clogged the pegs a YEAR ago! What is wrong with you people? Do you HATE your customers? Even KIDS won't buy this [censored]! The ROTS line was great, but it's time to let go. 68 figures and like 15 exclusives weren't enough? Or are you just THAT proud of your action-feature-riddled sculpts that you want to PLAGUE us with them again. I won't have it.

The pegs are so full of this [censored] that my Walmart has them LITERALLY falling off the pegs if you touch them. There is at least a case and a half of H&V on the top shelf above the figures, and about 6-8 random figures scattered around the lower shelf underneath the cluster [censored] of crammed pegs. There is no room for new waves which means you are losing money because people don't want ROTS rehashes, they want MOS EISLEY. You need to fire whoever the nimrod is who decided to fill the pegs with old CRAP as opposed to making sure new product gets on the shelf. Never before have I seen such ignorance in the marketing of a product. Seriously, do you people hire your project managers from the special ed class? Sheesh, you guys are morons!

You have lost at least one very loyal carded completist. Hasbro's sales just dropped 50% in my home.

Sincerely and with all due respect,

Matt

Dustin Wrote:
Matt. I'm extremely dissapointed in this post from you.

First of you obviously don't have a clue how distribution works with major retailers and the fact that Hasbro has no control over what is on the pegs. All hasbro does is sell the product to big box retailers like Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart etc etc etc.

Secondly, the abrasive, non constructive, foul language laced, accusational message you've plopped into our forums does nothing positive what so ever but fill my PM box with complaints. Yes you are entitled to an opinion. HOWEVER, please take a little bit more time in the future about how you word things, and how you are trying to convey your message. We serve a multitude of various age groups for Star Wars fans from all walks of life here and you need to be more considerate of them as well.

Third, If I worked at hasbro do you think I would even continue reading a thread that starts . . .

"Dear Hasbro,

[censored] you."

Not going to happen.

I'm locking this thread and handing you a small vacation from the boards, please take this time off to think about your actions and what steps you will take so this doesn't happen again in the future.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:51 AM by Rob »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: June 14, 2006, 11:01 AM »
How long is he going to be gone?

I didn't really think that that post was too offensive, if I accumalated all the 'Hasbro sucks' threads into one summarized post, it would pretty much parallel the one made my Mr. Kenobi.

I did like the title, though.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: June 14, 2006, 11:40 AM »
I'd read some of that thread and I even reported it to the mods as something that didn't need to be on the boards but it went on for a few more days after I reported it.

I see that it's gone now.  I didn't see how it got wrapped up so if anyone saved it I'd love to read the outcome.

E...

Let me get this straight. You reported the thread to RS mods because you felt it was something that didn't need to be on the boards. You reported it with the expectation that it would be moderated. Knowing RS, a logical conclusion would be that it would get spanked, locked or deleted. Deleted being a more and more common result recently.

The mods moderate, and eventually take the thread down.

After getting what you asked for, you now want to read the thread you found objectionable.

Maybe you should be asking the RS mods to put it back. Tell them you were just kidding or something. Tell them that your disposition that originally caused you to report the post can handle Mr. Kenobi's foul mouth and idiocy after all. At least now that it's interesting.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: June 14, 2006, 03:27 PM »

E...

Let me get this straight. You reported the thread to RS mods because you felt it was something that didn't need to be on the boards. You reported it with the expectation that it would be moderated. Knowing RS, a logical conclusion would be that it would get spanked, locked or deleted. Deleted being a more and more common result recently.

The mods moderate, and eventually take the thread down.

After getting what you asked for, you now want to read the thread you found objectionable.

Maybe you should be asking the RS mods to put it back. Tell them you were just kidding or something. Tell them that your disposition that originally caused you to report the post can handle Mr. Kenobi's foul mouth and idiocy after all. At least now that it's interesting.

What the hell is your malfunction?

I didn't report it because I was personally offended by the language I reported it because it's the wrong way of going about voicing complaints.  That doesn't mean I didn't want to know the outcome of the topic. 

Yes, some threads get deleted on RS but others get locked.  I assumed this would be locked.  After hearing that Dustin actually addressed the topic I wanted to know the outcome but that's when I found it had been deleted or moved to their RS mod board.

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"