Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583344 times)

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3165 on: August 2, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Here's your chance to stuff the RS ballot box for Willrow Hood.  They just launched a front page Probe Droid poll asking which April Fool's Day gag figure would you like to see made.  Myself, I voted for crispy Owen/Beru, but I have two more votes using my other PCs.
Wants - everything.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: August 2, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Here's your chance to stuff the RS ballot box for Willrow Hood.  They just launched a front page Probe Droid poll asking which April Fool's Day gag figure would you like to see made.  Myself, I voted for crispy Owen/Beru, but I have two more votes using my other PCs.

Call me excessively cynical, but Willrow Hood is Scott/OCB's pet project.  Scott doesn't like Scum and was banned by Scum.  Scott used to work for JD and does some work for them still in an unofficial and occasional fashion.  JD and Scum don't get along.  JD is the home to the fanatical oddballs that like Willrow and support him.

Whaddya think the odds of Willrow winning there are?  Really?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3167 on: August 2, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Josh,

Did you read the stuff you wrote in the FC President thread?  Oh wait, the quote above says you won't defend something a site YOU think is stupid...but you will if just about everyone here does

I never said I didn't think the fan club results weren't fishy. Dustin was being beaten by over 100 votes last time I checked and he won.

I still want to know what happened just as much as any of you guys do.  And yes, I thought all the spam during the campaign was annoying.

Where's that interview or inside info you guys were hinting at?  I want to read it and see the truth everyone else seems to hint that they know.

Got Clones?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3168 on: August 2, 2006, 11:43 PM »
How I've missed you, Josh.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: August 3, 2006, 02:45 AM »

Yeah, I know. I neglected to take the blue pill and learn to hate that place like everyone else, so that makes me the a-hole.

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

Got Clones?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: August 3, 2006, 02:54 AM »
Was mulling around RS today and found an old, but great Dustin closure.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: August 3, 2006, 02:55 AM »

Yeah, I know. I neglected to take the blue pill and learn to hate that place like everyone else, so that makes me the a-hole.

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

I thought the blue pill made you a bigger dick, not a bigger *******?  But I'm not a pharmacist.

"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: August 3, 2006, 02:56 AM »
One could lead to the other, I'd assume. :o

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3173 on: August 3, 2006, 05:30 AM »
I still want to know what happened just as much as any of you guys do...

Where's that interview or inside info you guys were hinting at?...

I'm having lunch with Tommy (uscwannabe) tomorrow.  Does that count?  :P

Just a casual (and presumably private) lunch though, and not an interview - unless Tommy would like it to become one...  I think it's safe to share this much though: The Fan Club asked him for his address a few days ago so they could send him his free shirt for getting at least three subscriptions.  ::)

As for Bertha, sometimes she loves JD (when she's getting shunned/scolded at RS), and sometimes she hates JD.  It's kind of a weird relationship really.  You could dig up plenty of quotes around the boards here when she's pissed at RS and is bashing the **** out of them, and playing fair-weathered forum member here.

As for building Bust-ups, I'll just say that Mark Hurray is a very cool, friendly, and down-to-earth guy, so I've got nothing bad to say about him.  Myatt however...  :-X

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: August 3, 2006, 08:41 AM »

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

If you stand back and read your comments here, you would have to admit you are sort of trolling for a reaction here.  You know there are a big contigent of fans who loath RS here so coming in here whipping the bee's nest is just not a cool thing to do.  You have made your feelings felt, so why keep coming in and whipping people into a lather and then disappearing back to RS only to return and repeat?

You don't hate RS as much as many others do.  We get it. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: August 3, 2006, 08:53 AM »
Myatt however... :-X

I wondered - his comments on the 12" boards are a little condescending.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: August 3, 2006, 12:04 PM »
I'm having lunch with Tommy (uscwannabe) tomorrow.  Does that count? 

Just a casual (and presumably private) lunch though, and not an interview - unless Tommy would like it to become one...  I think it's safe to share this much though: The Fan Club asked him for his address a few days ago so they could send him his free shirt for getting at least three subscriptions

That is extremely interesting, yes.   You should bring a little tape recorder and at some point, ask him if he'll give an interview to put this whole thing to rest once and for all. 

I can't wait to hear what he says.

If you stand back and read your comments here, you would have to admit you are sort of trolling for a reaction here.  You know there are a big contigent of fans who loath RS here so coming in here whipping the bee's nest is just not a cool thing to do.  You have made your feelings felt, so why keep coming in and whipping people into a lather and then disappearing back to RS only to return and repeat?

I don't know, that's a pretty good question. 

I don't mean for anything I say to be trolling.  I mean, my posts are on topic and honest...sometimes they're just a counterpoint that's not that popular.  I'd like to think of myself more as a peacemaker than a troll, but the problem is, my statements of "they aren't that bad" or "isn't this hatred a little silly?" are usually met with responses of "they are the spawn of the Satan and you're an idiot if you don't agree with me."

Being the one guy in the middle of an angry mob throwing stones saying "Hey, why are we throwing stones again?" is probably kind of stupid.

It's a losing battle and like I said last night, I'm going to knock it off.
Got Clones?

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: August 3, 2006, 12:23 PM »

I don't mean for anything I say to be trolling. 

I know you aren't trying to stir things up, but that is what your posts are actually doing.  I respect your position and know you're just speaking your mind, but the crowd just doesn't want to hear it.  You've said your peace, and were it me, I would move on.  You don't want to get lumped in with the "RSers" that everyone hates.  It just ain't worth it, you know?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3178 on: August 4, 2006, 02:29 AM »
I think what the counterpoint crowd, to your POV Josh, possibly have that you don't, is the perspective of being treated like trash by staff/administrators at Rebelscum...  Some indirectly perhaps, others more directly...  Some for no reason, others for reasons brought on by something more visual and rowdy on the boards there... 

I think while your counterpoints are cool for your perspective of things...  If you're a guy who's banned simply because you asked for some honest answers to legitimate questions, or if you got banned because you were affiliated with the wrong place (and never got so much as a note about it from the people responsible, but instead got the "cleanup" email from someone else on staff who had nothing to do with it) , then your opinion of the site and who runs it is bound to be a bit lower...

For a loose analogy it's kind of like people who speak out for or against something specific because they have direct experience with said topic, while others maybe don't give it a second thought...  Or perhaps feel those speaking out about said topic are "overzealous" in their beliefs and make too much out of perhaps "nothing".

Maybe a good analogy that's specific could be those "Truth.com" things on the TV that speak out against tobacco companies and stuff.  I haven't ever had anyone in MY family die of lung cancer from smoking...  I don't have many smokers in my family I can think of off-hand even, if any, so smoking's just not something on my radar... 

So I'm one of those guys that says I've seen enough of those Truth.com commercials, I'm sick of hearing people whine about cigarettes and that Tobacco companies need to be more responsible because at this point if you don't know smoking kills you then you're braindead already...

I'm really not looking at it from the POV from a guy who is widowed because his wife died of lungcancer last year, or someone who lost a parent or sibling from smoking and how they were "drawn" to that habit and whatnot by marketing and pushing from Tobacco companies, etc...  I'm simply looking at it from my mostly smoke-free life where I've had nothing "happen" to me.

Now that's just an analogy of course...  But a pretty accurate one I believe.  It's all about your perspective.

I don't think anyone "minds" you liking RS, Josh...  So that's not even at issue, and if it is that's their problem not yours.  I think what it comes down to though is that people now are quite positive how you feel and that's fine...  So when they make their crack about RS or what they did they don't want you to let them know that you think they're "childish" and that RS is still AOK by you...  They know that. :)  So any humor they found in something, they're also sure you won't see it through the same glasses.

I think that sums it up....  I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: August 4, 2006, 03:36 AM »
Myatt however... :-X

I wondered - his comments on the 12" boards are a little condescending.

He banned me, but I never held it against him; I totally had it coming.

So, he's a dick after all, huh? LOL
« Last Edit: August 4, 2006, 03:37 AM by Ook »