Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581272 times)

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscumians?
« Reply #90 on: August 8, 2003, 08:06 PM »
I think there's a fraction of a hope that the Rebelscum forums can be turned back into the place we knew and loved (or something close to it), so I'll be visiting there regularly (for the time being). :)
« Last Edit: August 8, 2003, 08:08 PM by BobaShek »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 8, 2003, 09:24 PM »
Maybe one day that will happen. When they get rid of all the politics and constant bickering.

I still go back for the customs discussion. Thats about it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: August 8, 2003, 09:27 PM »
I look at it as one good moderator (bib) out of all the ones they have...sad so sad. :'(

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 8, 2003, 11:25 PM »
Even though I still post over at RS,  It really is alot more personal over here and I enjoy the time I spend here.  There are some really good conversations that take place over here and hope that it continues.  As far as all the bickering and other things taking place lately,  I just stay out of it...  It's not worth getting into.

Chris   ;D

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #94 on: August 9, 2003, 01:04 PM »
I'm still over there all the time (as you guys probably know) just due to the speed of responses.

I like this place a lot better, and I always think to myself it would be my first and only stop if it were only more populated......

BUT THEN I think, hey...if it was more populated, it might just turn into another 'Scum.

So....this place is my cool down joint, and that place is the mosh pit.  :)
Got Clones?

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 9, 2003, 01:34 PM »

Understood, but in the same token, we don't like bad mouthing other sites here at JD, so let's try to follow the old addage: "If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all..."

Thanks!   :-*

Awww nuts!  :P ;)
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 9, 2003, 01:54 PM »
I just wanted to stop over here and applaud OCB's work on the RS forums last night. Definitely sent a message!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #97 on: August 9, 2003, 03:16 PM »
Well now that your over here ya might as well make yourself comfortable...  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: August 9, 2003, 03:24 PM »
Awww nuts!  :P ;)

But we're willing to make special exceptions for VIPs, such as Galactic Hunter admins...   ;)

So please, feel free to unload Matt!

I like this place a lot better, and I always think to myself it would be my first and only stop if it were only more populated......

BUT THEN I think, hey...if it was more populated, it might just turn into another 'Scum.

Not a chance.  We have a WAY more proactive approach to overseeing our forums, it's members, and it's content.  We actually CARE about our boards here, and would NEVER let any of that CRAP fly here.  I'm still wanting to vomit right now from the nonsensical things going on over there - especially in the last 24 hours - and I'm not referring to what Scott did - but the response(s) thereto, and the specific incident that led to said rampage.

I just wanted to stop over here and applaud OCB's work on the RS forums last night. Definitely sent a message!

I definitely applaud the work, and agree that it sent a message.  BUT, I don't think that message is going to be heard in the slightest bit.  Now all the kids over there just think that Scott's a giant "post padder", which is one of the most laughable and ludicrous things I've ever heard.  People making 2300 posts in 3 months calling SCOTT a "post padder"...???   ::)  Like the rest of us, Scott could absolutely care less what the hell his stupid post count is!  It's beyond pathetic there right now...

Whoops!  Did I say don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say?  Damn.  I hate it when I'm a hypocrite!   :P  I would've kept my trap shut, if not for a certain mod running around locking and deleting random posts and threads at his own discretion over there if they said anything about him...   :-*
« Last Edit: August 9, 2003, 03:49 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #99 on: August 9, 2003, 04:55 PM »
I don't know what it's going to take over there to get someone to listen. I think sometimes it's like they HAVE to see the place literally burn to the ground before they react, and make a change or two.

However....regarding Matt's comments about this place in comparison, I would like to see what would happen if JD finally got that kind of traffic.

I mean the front page of Wattos Junk Yard has less than 10 active topics in the last 2 days....whereas over there Wuher's has 10 active topics in the last hour, and (partially thanks to Scott) probably 10 times that amount in the last two days.

What if some of the mods of this site volunteered for double duty?   :)
Got Clones?

obi_robz

« Reply #100 on: August 9, 2003, 05:39 PM »
It would be great to have a few more people here…the lack of traffic has been the only downside for me, and has kept me at RS like it did when I first started posting there.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 9, 2003, 05:48 PM »
Quality over quantity any day, in my books!  Ranks right up there with being friendly and civil, and getting to actuallly know your collecting comrades here!  

I agree Matt.  However, if conversations are limited to a "non-politcal" nature, how can you really get to know someone?  I mean, it's nice to know what someone's favorite color is, or which movie they really like, etc., but to really know someone, you will eventually have to touch on "political" subjects at some point.  Personally, I prefer to make "friends" with someone based on moral principles rather than one based on which figures we really like.  ;)  Don't worry, as long as I'm here, I'll "play nice," but I just thought I'd make a point.  
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 9, 2003, 07:17 PM »

But we're willing to make special exceptions for VIPs, such as Galactic Hunter admins...   ;)

Hey, does that apply to me too?? :D
« Last Edit: August 9, 2003, 07:18 PM by Membraneman »
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 9, 2003, 08:02 PM »

However....regarding Matt's comments about this place in comparison, I would like to see what would happen if JD finally got that kind of traffic.

I would assume that Chris Berry and the other Adims here will start a search to find more mods  and get people who actually moderate they repespected areas and take action against people who repeatly break rules.  

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 9, 2003, 08:25 PM »
I think there's a fraction of a hope that the Rebelscum forums can be turned back into the place we knew and loved (or something close to it), so I'll be visiting there regularly (for the time being). :)

hope for what? a better scum?
with a name like that... it can't stay good forever.

plus why bother have hope for them when the better palce is the here and now?