Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581316 times)

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscumians?
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2003, 01:06 AM »
Welcome TribesJedi! ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2003, 02:59 AM »
I decided to click the link to here that is in several rebelscum member's signatures. Just from reading this topic I can see how different the community here must be compared to Rebelscum. I hope to stay here for a while.

Welcome to JediDefender TJ!  I'm sure you'll find the friendly and mature atmosphere around here to your liking!  Feel free to stop by our Newbies Forum and introduce yourself to the whole gang if you'd like a real proper welcome!   ;)

So kick up your feet, relax, and enjoy!  Give us a shout if you've got any comments or questions about anything here at JD as well.  Looking forward to seeing you around the boards here...

- Matt

P.S.  Boy, Tom...  You really let 'em have it over there at RS tonight, didn't ya'?!  I wonder if Scott's started a new trend - Flash Thread Starting...   :P  Feel free to start a thread or two here as well!   ;)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2003, 03:21 AM »

P.S.  Boy, Tom...  You really let 'em have it over there at RS tonight, didn't ya'?!  I wonder if Scott's started a new trend - Flash Thread Starting...   :P  Feel free to start a thread or two here as well!   ;)

I will tomrrow once I get some sleep and see if I'm in trouble at the Scum of the Star Wars collecting community.  I think its funny that almost all of my threads are useless and post padding threads which are still open even through GNT is up and he hasn't closed any of them down except 2 and another 3 were closed by others out of 21 compare to Scott's post that were locked which were so much better then mine since I was in a rush to post them.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2003, 10:29 AM »
I prefer to make "friends" with someone based on moral principles rather than one based on which figures we really like

I have to truly agree w/ FG on this...
It's cool we all like the same toys but it's obvious we have that common ground w/ each other... or why the heck would even be here.

I know outside of the "SW" circle I choose friends based on their morals and beliefs. I make sure to disassociate myself w/ people that still have their caveman beliefs.
Granted I do have some "associates" that I know still think the "man in charge" is a great one, and that gays have no place on this planet... but again they are what I call close friends at all.

I have no tolerance for intolerant people. What's the saying... Ignorance is bliss...

I don't go out of my way to make friends... though anyone that knows me and is a friend knows I can be a great one (not pinning medals on my chest either). Some people are all about numbers...

Like Matt said above "quality or quantity"... Heed those words in all aspects of life... You (not anyone in particular) can keep your 100+ "friends"... I'll stick w/ my handful...

I think JD is a great place and do not think they should be driven into the ground like RS, but I think some stuff should be allowed to a ceratin extent.

I have always said religion, politics, and sports aren't supposed to be brought to the dinner table... but at the same time these are some things that show ones true colors in the end.

It's cool that I can be friends w/ the next guy based on our like for the new Hoth Luke, but if deep down inside he's some hateful bigot... then sorry I need not consider him a "friend"...

People try to wash my face w/ the fact I'm not "well" liked by people... but is that not quite obvious to him, her, and I?

I don't go out of my way to p*ss people off... I just stay Jimmy no matter who likes it or not. If I'm so bad for thinking and believing what I do... then so be it.
The day I have to conform in order to be liked by all is the day you might as well close the casket and say bye bye...

JD is a great place and I enjoy the talk and company of most here... but as newer people hop not sure I want to call them a "friend" based on the simple fact we both buy SW toys...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2003, 10:36 AM »
I joined RS not long ago, and now I'm here thanks to JediMAC  :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2003, 11:52 AM »
Good to see ya.  ;)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2003, 12:47 PM »
I went by RS as usual last night, just to see what was going on, and I thought that whole "demonstration" was pretty lame. Once was kinda funny, twice was overkill.

I understand that a lot of people over here have ill-will towards RS, and I understand that a lot of you have ill-will towards certain moderators over there.

My question is....why keep going back? Why turn it into "Site wars"?

It sheds a bad light on THIS site IMHO.  See it through the eyes of someone who has never been over here. They'll think JD is just some tiny site with a beef against RS, and that's not the image you guys want, is it?

You guys are all really cool over here, so why go over there and start up and post in 85 different threads just for the sake of proving a point that the site needs better moderation. I think they know that. Or at least, I hope they do.

To me, this is like seeing one of my friends stalking his ex-girlfriend. Throwing eggs at her house because they broke up, and constantly talking trash about her.....and me still being friends with her.

You guys used to call that place home, and some of us (I for one) still enjoy hanging around there. I'd even like to see it improve, and maybe if they take action it will someday. I don't want to see them crash and burn just out of spite.

Still, if you guys are going around setting fires all over the place and then shouting "BOY, this place is burning down!!" it really doesn't make you any better than the people who are making it suck in the first place.

Sorry if this comes off as a lecture, but I just thought that was kind of lame to do that twice in a week.
Got Clones?

Jango Fettish

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2003, 12:56 PM »
Well, Tom doesn't represent Jedi Defender's staff. He's a forum member,  so we should not and will not be held accountable for his actions elsewhere.

I think that what Scott did was a little extreme, but at the same time proves a damn good point. Their moderating blows, and it's just a brothel for post whores, not to mention grammar policemen. Hell, alot of Scott's threads were fine, and alot of fun to post in! I'd say his GNT trap worked, he got GNT to close threads that were merited in some way, for no reason, only to open some back again. GNT took the bait.

Then GNT is the one that dragged Jedi Defenders name into the whole thing, by accusing Brad and others of dishonest recruitment practices.
Besides, members at forums aren't exclusive property of RS.

Their moderating staff seems to be extremely incompetent, lazy, and a few of them have their occassional power trips, blaming the state of the forums on their own members which is straight up WRONG. Had they been doing their job, it wouldn't have deteriorated to what it is today.

It's a shame. CSW cared about their forum members. Guess we're just picking up where they were ran out.

..and trust me, no matter what anyone from any other website does, it doesn't make Rebelscum any worse than it already is.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 01:06 PM by Cory H »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2003, 01:06 PM »
Josh, as I said at RebelScum, the recent problems have nothing to do with JediDefender. Darth Kenobi, doing what he did last night, did not represent JD in any way. He and I stated that in one of his threads.

When Old Cocky (OCB, Scott) posted his threads, it was to make an original point. Being around as long as he has at Scum, he has a right to do that type of thing because he is upset with everything that RebelScum has done to transform those once great forums into total crap.

Once again, this had nothing to do with JediDefender.

"They'll think JD is just some tiny site with a beef against RS"

I don't think this statement will be a problem with anyone, not to sound arrogant, but JD is not a tiny site by any means. Remember, not everyone who visits the site, visits the forums. We have many news breaks along with features that people come to the site for.

We hold our own ground against Scum and I am to the point where I feel, let people do what they want over there. The RebelScum administration has showed time and time again, they could care less about the forums, so if that is the case, do what you want over there. To prove a point, to be a post padder, whatever. They no longer concern me, my focus is to make THIS site better. I have given up on RebelScum and the OLD BHC forums. JediDefender.com is my focus and my site.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2003, 01:07 PM »
I agree in general with what you said there Josh.  But like Chris, Cory (and Tom/Darth Kenobi) have already said - that was in individual acting on his own, and it wasn't a move that was endorsed by the crew here at JD at all.  I'd like to see things settle down between "us and them" as well, though I do feel that at least an official explanation or two is in order for some of the "unusual" occurrences over there of late (disappearing posts/threads).  I wound up wasting a lot of personal post typing time of my own over there...   :-\

But yeah, hopefully it all fizzles out soon and we can just get back to business here - talkin' Star Wars!

Offline blimpyboy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Gamorrean lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2003, 01:08 PM »
All the moderating issues aside, I like these forums for the simple reason that the orange text on the blue background is much easier for me to see.  Sometimes, it's the little things in life.  

But Rebelscum really needs a big reformation, mainly by repremanding moronic/inciting members, and by better moderating policies.  Doing that would go a long way, but if it's not done soon, they're going to lose a lot more people - permanantly.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2003, 01:27 PM »

Hey DJ, thanks for stopping by to check us out!  Normally, things are nice and mellow, but as you've already seen - we have a little bit of "drama" happening right now.  We hope to soon return you to your regularly scheduled JediDefender programming!   ;)

Hope you enjoy the site, and please give us a shout if you've got any questions, comments or concerns about ye' olde JD.  Looking forward to seeing you around the boards here...

- Matt

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2003, 01:32 PM »
Rebelscum is still a cool site,and I have no beef against it.That said,the moderation for that place could be better,i.e. warnings to stay on topic or the thread will be closed.That is why JD is such a cool place,moderation on moderation.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2003, 01:39 PM »
OK, time to explain my actions so people don't need to keep saying what I was trying to do...In case you didn't get to read it at RS

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First my beef with GNT...

SNIP
Since previous threads about this subject were closed, Let this serve as my official complaint about the moderating habits of Gregg the Wonder Mod

#1  One of my posts calling out Gregg for leaving me off of his buddy list after I had done the same to him was deleted.  Gone from sight...no reason was given to me, no PM sent, no e-mail explaining why.  I assume this was done by Wonder Mod.  This is a cardinal sin of moderating, especially since no explanation was given to me as to why this was done.

#2 If any of you were around the boards last Friday night you would have saw me post 35 threads in around an hours worth of time.  Many of these were locked because they were deemed to be "Post-padding" or "Spamming" by Wonder Mod.  

From the Rebelscum Forum Rules:

Spamming: Refrain from posting the same thread over and over (even under slightly different names, or in different forums), from posting the same reply again and again, or even posting multiple times in a row on a thread.
I do not see a time limit as to where and when you can make posts.  Every post I made in that time frame was of substance, asking serious questions.  I see nothing wrong which violates the rules that the powers that be have laid out here.  I believe because of some personal vendetta against me, these threads were locked...and again no reason was ever given for as to why other than "Spamming" which as I just pointed out is not true and "post-padding" which again because they weren't one line questions or roll-eyes emoticons were not of the sort either

#3  Seems to me there is a double standard here as officially licensed threads by Gregg the Wonder Mod are allowed to continue...

Guees What It Is
Guess Who It Is
Rebelscum Survivor

Where Wonder Mod can profoundly say..."Still Time to Vote" or "Not quite Right" 100 times a thread are allowed to continue...I guess as long as you are a moderator and it is a "game" it is OK to post pad to find out what CD a person just bought or why Bon Jovi is popular is not.

#4  Any threads or complaints put on this message board against the Wonder Mod are mysteriously deleted as was the case last Friday as was revealed to me by several people...
I would hope this thread will be left open for people to make their complaints known.  I am around the SW collecting community quite a lot and Wonder Mod's activites are not as peachy keen as you made them out to be here Jeremy...and I am not sure why you did not allow this discussion to continue

http://forums.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=008658;p=39

Finally,

There either to be wholesale changes made to correct these issues or you will continue to lose members due to inadequate and improper moderating

I have been a member of this community pretty much since day one and have never seen it as bad as it has been in the last few months.  The site needs to take a long hard look at what is going on here and why many of the most long time members have left this site for other places.  It is a cess pool of bickering and pointless fighting which is a total reflection that shows what management here thinks or cares about the community they inherited by mistake.

Thanks for letting me state my case and I hope others are able to lodge their complaints as well before you lock this thread to see that there actually are more beefs with Gregg than what was given the other night.  And if that is not the case then so be it, I will accept your ruling and go on my way shaking my head in disgust

SNIP

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Second, I never in the farthest reaches of my mind thought this had anything at all to do with JediDefender.  If you notice I still am a member here, there and Galactic Hunter and generally like most of the people at all three places very much.  Like Josh says, if I was intent on bringing down the place I would be going about it a lot differently.  I do not want that impression at all and I think the staff will back me up and say again that this was not a site vs site sort of thing.  We all are all members there as well, we really do care about the place.

Third, my actions were my own and I have not orchestrated some conspiracy to do anything. The reasons are many: showing how inept Gregg is at moderating, bitch slapping the movement of posting drivel (this thread will be locked in, posting stupid pictures,commenting on every single topic with nothing, posting just :rolleyes:, GNT's sanctioned "games", pointing out how woefully understaffed they actually are, protesting the pointless threads that have been allowed to go on for months now, also having some fun with my rights as a poster there.  I hate what the place has become, and it has gotten worse, a lot worse in the past few weeks...this was my little wake up call to that effect, to the management, the moderation team and everyone else who posts there that there needs to be some house cleaning...moderators, members, attitudes in general

There are certain parts of the forums there I still care about, otherwise I would not go back.  I love taking part in toy discussions there because it is fun to help others out with information, get opinions on new things and since most everyone at all 3 sites I go to still interact there, it really is a melting pot of the SW community.

My suggestions...

Remove or Reprimand Dead Weight Moderators
Suspend indefinitely some of the more blatent rule busters and trolls
Hire more competent Moderators (I mean 2 times as many)
Show some respect for the members that are already there

It is a total mess right now and maybe one that will never change since I really don't think the powers that be really do care about the community at all.  Just my opinion like it or not.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2003, 01:52 PM »
The only ties that I have to Jedi Defender is that I'm a member, I'm not staff or a moderator here and after last night I doubt I will.  I have been on those fourms a while now and have even welcomed people like Matt#1 (JediMAC), Chris Berry, and others who are on these fourms.  I was one of the originally members but lost my password and, eventually had to re-resisgter thus why I my member number is 768, I was lurking over at SSG when the great ISP cirisiss happened and followed a link by someone who lead to CSW.  Those fourms where the first online community that I have posted in and was my farovite place to go.  
What I did yesterday was something that I started out of stuipidity and angry that threads have disappered and other issues that have occoured over there since RS offically took over the fourms.  They (RS staff) have a antipost padding policy yet they encouraged GNT to post pad so that he can have 20,000 post and they created the Emperor postion for his "great" accomlishment.  If you were around in the old days you would see how great his post where exspecially the ones in the EZ Cheses thread where he eventually went to a mnod because someone posted 156 times in under a hour almost de thrown GNT for the top spot in that thread.  Then they made him a moderator after people said he would make a good one since he has so many post but he  has been taken over by the power he has closing people threads down (and keeping his open), being mean to members (Reloaded thread jumps to my mind) and the fact that threads against him have disappered from sight without a reason giving.
I have stated it before and will stated it again for the last time no one here at JD (beside me alonely fourm member) had anything to do with what happened last night.  I have been giving a warning and I'm on propation over at RS for the events of last night.  If I offened anyone here then I'm sorry.