Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583329 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3435 on: March 15, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Heh! That ******** was enough to make me, 'LOL' out loud!

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: March 16, 2007, 12:59 AM »
What I thought was funnier was the lack of respect.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: March 16, 2007, 01:11 AM »
What I thought was funnier was the lack of respect.

That was the part that really shocked me.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: March 16, 2007, 01:21 AM »
C'mon guys, get a life and move along.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3439 on: March 16, 2007, 01:32 AM »
Oi...

That's what this thread was all about.  Not bitching about kids or other silly ****.  It's all about that type of thing that went on routinely. 

Instead of bitching about Caps titles, he really ought to just put the clamps down on douchebaggery in general.  They've got a LOT of that going on in every section of their forums.  Caps locked titles are the last thing they should be this concerned about as far as "quality" on their forums.

I dunno what sparked that, but it's worth a laugh regardless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: March 16, 2007, 09:44 AM »
Quote from: DARTHBORAT
People seem to be afraid to say anything? Philip seems like a very reasonable man, as I doubt he is going to be upset over someone voicing their opinion in a respectful manor. 

Clearly DARTHBORAT (who's all caps name alone could get him banned) hasn't been paying a lot of attention over the last year or two.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: March 16, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Heck PW should just send DARTHBORAT his suspension email already, since it looks like he is the only one in the GG thread to post in all caps for the past few pages.  It's funny to see people complain about how many threads there are or All Caps but no one seems to care about the name calling/bickering that goes on all the time.  Just another stupid rule over at scum. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RE: EVERYTHING REBELSCUM!!!!
« Reply #3442 on: March 16, 2007, 07:20 PM »
That was always my big gripe, actually... 

In a nutshell, they (they being mostly Philip with occassional an interjection from someone else who doesn't spend much time on their own forum but are on staff) would come down on individuals for any myriad of senseless things...  Simple criticism of something on the site, or an action the site took (spam emailing, moderator abuse of power, etc.), and other silly things.  Things that really, in the grand scheme, were just "old time" members there trying to keep the place fun and free of the current state that forum is in...

All the while, name calling was ALWAYS ignored once Scum stole the BHC from Sullenger...  It went on rampantly, there was no check on members who abused the rules.  Flaming, trolling...  Hell, post padding was made an art form by one of their moderators and a couple of their past fired moderators, and they still all do it to this day...  All the true rule infractions at the site get overlooked, but Philip's really (and comically) fast to run in and say that an all caps title is worth a week's suspension... 

What can you say to that, honestly? 

Scalping's rampant there, and unchecked anymore.  The "kiddies" are all too welcomed there.  Flaming is a routine in every thread it seems, as nobody's taught to respect others through punishment (or even a threat of it).  And most of the time, the inmates run the assylum as they please, at least to my eyes that's how it is with some of the moderating staff (those who actually are there participating anyway).

I don't think much about them anymore...  don't visit them near as much as I did a year ago, and that was down a lot from the year prior.  All I know is it's a sad state that every good member there has 10 dickholes to accompany him, and it really makes for a blight of a community.  Philip's flip out about something so incredibly petty though just rekindled why that place is such a shambles to me I guess.  There's so many other problems to take action on, and he's mad about all caps thread titles.  I guess we all have a difference of opinion on our priorities.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: March 16, 2007, 08:32 PM »
douchebaggery

That word only has 4 syllables, but I think it deserves far more.

DOUCHEEBAGEREIA?

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #3444 on: March 16, 2007, 08:41 PM »
douchebaggery

That word only has 4 syllables, but I think it deserves far more.

DOUCHEEBAGEREIA?

DOUCHEBAGERAZIONE?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: March 16, 2007, 09:32 PM »
PW is an amateur.  The next person who thinks about posting in all caps is taking a month off here.   >:(

Anything less than lifetime banishment would be a travesty of justice.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #3446 on: March 16, 2007, 10:10 PM »
I didn't even know about the whole caps rule thing until I checked this thread. Another interesting non-event over at scum is no LJ, not even in the user listing. I wonder if the two events are linked?
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: March 17, 2007, 02:17 AM »
I thought LJ was an exclamation point abuser? I guess that goes to show you that excessive punctuation is a gateway drug.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3448 on: March 17, 2007, 03:00 AM »
I guess that goes to show you that excessive punctuation is a gateway drug.

I couldn't help but laugh at this...  a lot.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: March 17, 2007, 07:44 AM »
Hey I may use excessive punctuation, but at least I didn't narc on any of the jd'ers back when the mass bannings occurred!! Hell Jesse, you remember, I came by and told you who was just looking for you guys and giving you up over at the scum. I mean it's one thing to have  Wise and his admin henchmen look for you, but it's another for a lil mod to purposely search out jd staff!! I didn't agree with it then, don't agree with it now. I have my faults, but excessive punctuation is nothing to some of the things others have done!

Oh and I forgot, I am not the one that was singled out for all caps!! My shtick is punctuation, not all caps! :P I don't know who that was!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 07:46 AM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent