Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581257 times)

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3450 on: March 17, 2007, 08:47 AM »
So what did you do?
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: March 17, 2007, 12:24 PM »
Hey I may use excessive punctuation, but at least I didn't narc on any of the jd'ers back when the mass bannings occurred!! Hell Jesse, you remember, I came by and told you who was just looking for you guys and giving you up over at the scum.

Wow.. Somehow I find this ironic!!
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3452 on: March 17, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Hey I may use excessive punctuation, but at least I didn't narc on any of the jd'ers back when the mass bannings occurred!! Hell Jesse, you remember, I came by and told you who was just looking for you guys and giving you up over at the scum. I mean it's one thing to have  Wise and his admin henchmen look for you, but it's another for a lil mod to purposely search out jd staff!! I didn't agree with it then, don't agree with it now. I have my faults, but excessive punctuation is nothing to some of the things others have done!

Oh and I forgot, I am not the one that was singled out for all caps!! My shtick is punctuation, not all caps! :P I don't know who that was!!

Why are you still here?

Offline blimpyboy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Gamorrean lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: March 18, 2007, 12:01 AM »
Does anyone want to fill me in on what Lady Jaye is talking about?  RS mods narking out JD staff for something?  When the hell did this happen?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3454 on: March 18, 2007, 01:07 AM »
And you thought the all caps threat was f------ funny.  The art of cursing properly

Did I count my dashes correctly?  I hope so.   ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: March 18, 2007, 01:37 AM »
Personally, I find there to be a bit of an unhealthy fascination with RS.  And with that I heed my own advice with regard to that site and just "Move along, move along".

The honest truth is that RS as a whole has become the biggest collecting website of them all.  That's just fact.  They get more traffic than any of the other collecting sites.  And with that traffic comes all of the punters, noobs and rejects.  It has just gotten to the point where those people have come to vastly outnumber the old school collectors who have been a part of the online collecting community for years and have made something of a mark.  The admins and mods have responded to this influx of morons by ruling with more of an iron hand.  Is that cool?  Not at all.  Especially for the people who were contributing worthwhile posts to the forum and feel that they've been forced out.  And in other cases, people who got vocal got forced out.  It is Phillip's ball and he's gonna say that you can't play anymore if he doesn't like you.  Is it petty?  Yes.  Do you want to deal with someone like that?  Probably not.

But do you really want to see a forum that is just out of hand?  Check out The Official Site's message board dedicated to Collecting.  Talk about a train wreck!  It's very user unfriendly and that's coming from Lucasfilm themselves, along with their volunteer mods.  So when it comes to forums, bigger is not necessarily better.  A smaller, niche community where most of the people know one another and RESPECT one another is much more attractive.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: March 18, 2007, 04:45 AM »
And you thought the all caps threat was f------ funny.  The art of cursing properly

So who's going to be the first to reply to Amir with "F--k that sh-t!"? ;)

EDIT - Nevermind, just noticed he posted it as a locked topic.

Oh, and DARTHBORAT has only been reg'd since Dec 19, 2006.  Of course, in the 90 day since then he has 1600 posts.  Putting him on ignore really speeds the time to read GG threads.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 01:35 PM by MaxWedge »
Wants - everything.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: March 18, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Does anyone want to fill me in on what Lady Jaye is talking about?  RS mods narcing out JD staff for something?  When the hell did this happen?

Actually no one but Jesse James should know about this, since when I told him, I was still a mod over there!! In a nutshell, a certain mod was actively looking out for jd staff members and sending e-mails to Wise and the admins, telling them who to ban. One actually said, oop you missed one.

I never agreed with the action that took place, the mass banning of JD staff members over there! It was a very petty thing to do. So I sent Jesse a pm telling him about it! I told him not to say anything since at the time I was still a mod, just giving him a heads up as to who it was that was targeting all the JD staff members.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3458 on: March 18, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Hate to burst your bubble, but several of us knew the details of the JD witch-hunt while it was pretty much on-going. And for the record, it was not limited to our staff, as several of the folks in our community were also hassled about their affiliation with us.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: March 18, 2007, 11:30 AM »
Does anyone want to fill me in on what Lady Jaye is talking about?  RS mods narcing out JD staff for something?  When the hell did this happen?

Actually no one but Jesse James should know about this, since when I told him, I was still a mod over there!! In a nutshell, a certain mod was actively looking out for jd staff members and sending e-mails to Wise and the admins, telling them who to ban. One actually said, oop you missed one.

I never agreed with the action that took place, the mass banning of JD staff members over there! It was a very petty thing to do. So I sent Jesse a pm telling him about it! I told him not to say anything since at the time I was still a mod, just giving him a heads up as to who it was that was targeting all the JD staff members.

You were a mod, then you weren't, then you were again and now you're not (again).  What happened?  I'm mostly asking about the recent time, but if you don't want to limit your comments I'm interested.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3460 on: March 18, 2007, 11:51 AM »
New Rebelscum policy.

We have recently had an increase in Profanity and the Circumventing of Rebelscum's language filter in many posts in many threads.

Please read the following from Rebelscums General Forum Rules.

Profanity: We ask that you respect the fact that this is an all-ages board, and use no words stronger than what may be found in the movies themselves. The board comes equipped with a broad-based profanity filter. The traditional “dirty words” will be automatically filtered (their letters will appear as asterisks in your post) even when the context does not absolutely demand it. Likewise, no profane, suggestive or obscene images are allowed.

Even though we would rather members find a more articulate way to express themselves, members may use partially censored words. Like those found in many reputable magazines, replacing bad language with 'f---', 's---', et al will be allowed. The only way it is allowed though, is by typing the first letter of the word followed by the appropriate number of dashes, though counting is up to the member.

The use of other letters or symbols to circumvent the language filter ($, @, !...) is strongly prohibited and will be not be tolerated. First offenses can give the poster an automatic one-week suspension of their posting privileges. Subsequent offenses will be dealt with more severely, and can include permanent banning.

Just a few examples so everyone is clear, if you wish you may spell a censored word out like so:
F---
S---
but you are not allowed to spell it like so:
F--k
Sh-t
and of course misspelling a word (using other letters or symbols to circumvent the language filter) is strongly prohibited as stated above.

Please consider this as a general warning for all. Breaking this rule will result in an automatic one-week suspension of your posting privileges. Thank you.

Amir K.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 18, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Hate to burst your bubble, but several of us knew the details of the JD witch-hunt while it was pretty much on-going.

Well if you want to continue with the snide remarks, fine. But I was talking about one person specifically, and what I was privy to and his actions, nothing else.

You were a mod, then you weren't, then you were again and now you're not (again).  What happened?  I'm mostly asking about the recent time, but if you don't want to limit your comments I'm interested.

Long story short, I crossed paths with Jeremy. He took away my mod status in Wuhers and told me not to go in there for a week or so. I was still a mod over in the ROTS section. But of course, since he already had taken my mod status away in Wuhers, I felt that was "punishment" enough, so I went into Wuhers and posted. Of course a week or so later Jeremy is offended that I did not follow his command, so I was stripped of my mod duties completely! That's it in a nutshell.

And to answer Captain Alex's question, the reason I'm not over there is because I was suspended by GNTfor circuventing the profanity filters like 2 weeks before!! I typed out a$$, so that got me a week's suspension. I haven't gone back since. Of course you telling us that my name isn't even in the user list is puzzling. I asked another former mod if he ever came across that, cause I surely didn't! In fact I still can find some of Matt's old aliases??? So he either deleted my account, or it's a new feature??
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3462 on: March 18, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Of course you telling us that my name isn't even in the user list is puzzling. I asked another former mod if he ever came across that, cause I surely didn't! In fact I still can find some of Matt's old aliases??? So he either deleted my account, or it's a new feature??

I saw that your name wasn't in the user list, but I found an old thread that you'd posted in.  Your name was still there and when I clicked it, it went to your account.  If their forum is anything like mine they won't actually delete accounts, because doing so will cause all posts by that user to disappear completely as well.  They'll still be there in the database, but there won't be a parent ID to link them up to.

John

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3463 on: March 18, 2007, 04:20 PM »
But do you really want to see a forum that is just out of hand?  Check out The Official Site's message board dedicated to Collecting.  Talk about a train wreck!  It's very user unfriendly and that's coming from Lucasfilm themselves, along with their volunteer mods.  So when it comes to forums, bigger is not necessarily better.  A smaller, niche community where most of the people know one another and RESPECT one another is much more attractive.

Yeah, I jumped ship from their Collecting section shortly after I found JD.

All the n00bs, rejects, trolls, speculators, etc. tend to flock there because it's the official site. And there is a large population of honest n00bs who don't mean any harm, but who really don't know the first thing about SW collecting, and I (rather selfishly) got bored of answering the same questions over and over and over.

Their mods really do try--and they're nothing like the jackasses the RS mods seem to be--but they have several million registered members and it's hard to keep a handle on that. Also, for some reason their Collecting forum has always been under-moderated in comparison to their other sections; when I was there, only one mod frequented it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 04:26 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: March 18, 2007, 11:01 PM »
Hey Jaye, when did that happen? I finally want to know why I was banned. (It's either that or me flaming a scalper who threatened us Jax guys threw PMs)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m