Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586817 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3720 on: April 11, 2008, 03:34 PM »
The PS3 thread here, dormant since last October, has had 26 new posts since that op-ed piece was posted.

Coincidence?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: April 11, 2008, 04:13 PM »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:13 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #3722 on: April 11, 2008, 06:53 PM »
The PS3 thread here, dormant since last October, has had 26 new posts since that op-ed piece was posted.

Coincidence?

No coincidence at all.   ;)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: April 11, 2008, 09:33 PM »
It's a badge of honor my friend. Wear it proudly. :D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #3724 on: April 12, 2008, 12:18 AM »
I wish I could say it felt that way.  I have a lot of good friends at RS who I can't chat with anymore.  That is the Vintage Community over there, and I'm shut out of it.  All because I was the one willing to say what needed to be said to the face of the 800 pound gorilla... to enlighten through satire.

I'd rather not go more into it.  I'm hoping it'll blow over at some point, and that Phil will see fit to reinstate me.  And if I say too much here it'll just stir up more bad blood and extend the process.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: April 12, 2008, 12:27 AM »
I wish I could say it felt that way.  I have a lot of good friends at RS who I can't chat with anymore.  That is the Vintage Community over there, and I'm shut out of it.  All because I was the one willing to say what needed to be said to the face of the 800 pound gorilla...

Just like working for the government.  They're completely humorless and the ego is absolutely massive.  Point out a flaw and you're in the doghouse for life.  No doghouse at 'Scum, but point out a flaw and you are dun.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3726 on: April 12, 2008, 01:21 AM »
It'll blow over eventually...  What's sad is that it wasn't done on their forum or site, it was done independantly, and it was 100% fair to give a counter-opinion to the egotistical report Myatt decided to deliver.  I can almost understand if it happened in your own forum, but it didn't, so that really makes it all the more childish and sad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3727 on: April 12, 2008, 01:39 AM »
I wish I could say it felt that way.  I have a lot of good friends at RS who I can't chat with anymore.  That is the Vintage Community over there, and I'm shut out of it.  All because I was the one willing to say what needed to be said to the face of the 800 pound gorilla...

Just like working for the government.  They're completely humorless and the ego is absolutely massive.  Point out a flaw and you're in the doghouse for life.  No doghouse at 'Scum, but point out a flaw and you are dun.

Brent, I have one hell of a sense of humor.  ;)

Bill, I'm actually hoping that your banning will be the catalyst to get a bunch of the Vintage Scummers to migrate here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: April 12, 2008, 02:23 AM »
Sorry to hear that Bill.  It's too bad people's egos get so big that they can't laugh at themselves. 

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: April 12, 2008, 03:06 PM »
I wish I could say it felt that way.  I have a lot of good friends at RS who I can't chat with anymore.  That is the Vintage Community over there, and I'm shut out of it. 

that is a shame.  you weren't the 1st focus collector, but your c3po collection seems to have inspired almost everyone to pick a fav figure and try to complete a run.  it wouldn't be a big deal except it reveals certain things about the runs like c3po not having an anakin sticker. 

hopefully you will be let back in since you were/are a member with something to contribute.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: April 12, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Huh, I didn't realize Cable had been suspended either.  Doesn't surprise me, though. 

One interesting thing, did anyone else notice this post from MisterKenobi? 

This is the first I heard about it though. Strange that he gets banned for something probably trivial, yet when I report someone for repeatedly breaking 5 forum rules in a single day, including name-calling and violating private information regulations specificly outlined in the RS rules, nothing happens. Then again, the choices made by the powers that be on these forums rarely make sense to me.

That from the guy that broke so many rules and never got banned...  That's the real problem with the RS boards.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3731 on: April 12, 2008, 11:10 PM »
To his credit (MisterK's), he's probably right in what he says...  Their forums aren't patrolled in the slightest.  Seems to me the mods are only there to feel important and claim some asinine right to start threads themselves and prevent others from doing so.

That's a place that it would almost be a pleasure to clean out...  Let one good mod in, unobstructed, and clean it out.  I know don't personally know any of the new people there (who I'm sure now consider themselves veterans), but I could probably name 5 (likely still active) older members there I'd ban in a heartbeat because they've broken any number of rules...  From name-calling, trolling, and general forum degeneration, to outright scalping and taking advantage of others on those boards.  Why they're left alone, I have no idea...  Banning is easy, and should be used very liberally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: April 13, 2008, 04:21 AM »
Huh, I didn't realize Cable had been suspended either.  Doesn't surprise me, though. 

One interesting thing, did anyone else notice this post from MisterKenobi? 

This is the first I heard about it though. Strange that he gets banned for something probably trivial, yet when I report someone for repeatedly breaking 5 forum rules in a single day, including name-calling and violating private information regulations specificly outlined in the RS rules, nothing happens. Then again, the choices made by the powers that be on these forums rarely make sense to me.

That from the guy that broke so many rules and never got banned...  That's the real problem with the RS boards.

E...

That was in reference to me.  I called him a "troll" of all things, and we went at it.  He even sent me some personal PMs that crossed the line in regards to my family, and then conviently "ignores" me so I can't respond.  Of course, he un-"ignored" me to post the above garbage.  He abided by the Admin's warning for a whole seven days before starting up again. ::)
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: April 13, 2008, 01:25 PM »
He's been an ******* since day one.  No reason to believe he'd ever change.  I'm more than happy to let him troll Wuher's.  Since he apparently doesn't collect much anymore I don't see his name pop up often in the modern section and he never really bought GG, SS or vintage.  So he's found his niche, I suppose.

If they'd just clear out the rest of the riff-raff.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3734 on: April 13, 2008, 01:50 PM »
It's crap like that , and the complete apathy of the mods, that made me leave there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.