Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583228 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: KBZ jokes on GNT at scum
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2004, 06:09 PM »
Too late to join the discussion, but I will say that I'm fed up with Greg(g), and I'm glad someone started a removal petition (Although he'll just close the thread and move it to his "Secret Spot").

JoshEEE, you could move those threads back to the public, right?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2004, 06:20 PM »
The thing that bugs me most though is when he pulls something out of his @$$ (Ewok Mom w/Woklings, etc), passes it off as fact/truth (usually going so far as to claim another non-scum site said it first when usually site B never said it) then ignores any critisism when he is wrong.

There are countless examples of times he states something as true when he has NO factual basis for it.  Then, when he is proven wrong (OTC) or told he has things backwards, often his tactic is to delete the post that proved him wrong and edit his original post so it looks like he was right all along, thus ignoring the whole thing as JesseJames stated earlier.

ADMIT IT WHEN YOU ARE WRONG, MAN!

If you pull things out of your @$$, you are gonna get it wrong.  At least be a man and say "Geez, I guess I was wrong: OTC and vOTC are different lines".  Unfortunately, all we ever get are "Whatever, it's all still Saga anyway" answers at best.

As I've similarly stated elsewhere - that's exactly my biggest beef with him right now Jeff.  You nailed it on the head.  Yeah, his heavy handed and oft hypocritical moderating is pathetic, but it's his frequent outright denials that he was wrong about xyz, and adamant refusal to say "I goofed" about anything that's really bothering me now, and is what finally made me start speaking up about him over there.  Up until about a week ago, I've generally ignored most of his $h!tty moderating.  But when he started misinforming and confusing the hell out of all the RS members about things lately, turning their Saga forums into a state of mass confusion with a hundred posts about "wait, what's this line vs. that one?", it was the final straw.

BTW Jeff, you can actually say "ass" here if you'd like...   ;)  Yeah, I know.  We're cool like that!   :P

I also don't know why he thinks he can just randomly start saying that he KNOWS about such and such figure as being confirmed, when not a single collecting site on the net has any such confirmation.  It's as if he thinks people will believe anything he says now just because he says it...   ::)  That whole "Coin" vs. "Medallion" thing, and the prototype arguement, were absolutely classic as well!  I think he really does think he's God now...   :-\

Then I guess I can expect a warning to be forthcoming.

Nah, you and the rest of the other GNT bashers over at RS are perfectly fine Mikey.  It's just Scott and I that are apparently on Philip's $h!tlist, for whatever reason.  Persistence, I'd guess.   8)

In closing, I'd just like to acknowledge Gregg's cousin Greg, aka "The Master", once more...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 06:30 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2004, 06:25 PM »
JoshEEE, you could move those threads back to the public, right?
GNT can't move it out of the current area - it's not one of his sections.

Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Well I added to the scum post. Not much but I do support it for various reasons. I used to frequent scum and have been a member there for a lenght of time longer than here. The reason I have basically stopped being a part of most threads at scum is the lack of respect both on a member and mod level. I have had my differnces with Philip in the past and in my mind have some unresolved issues with him but o well. I will admit I never really cared for GNT and his attitude and as of late it is worse.
 I don't really care about post counts but I will say mine are more than twice as much here than there(scum) .  The whole reason behind that is the fact I like the people here and like to interact with them. Why. I consider quite a lot of people here friends and I like that everyone usually treats others well. Forms rounded discussions and helps each other with out the air of being superior.
 GNT is just the tip of the iceberg at scum but if he is demoted it is a step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 06:46 PM by Reconsgt »
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2004, 07:00 PM »
You're her baby's daddy?!?   :o  You're GNT's dad?!?  Holy $h!t!!!   :o  Why would you claim responsibility for that, ya' big dumbass?!   :-X

Dude, what other comeback did I have to "You know Vicki too?!?!"

You're lucky you already cashed the check, man.

-----

As far as Gregggggg goes, again, the other mods don't catch the sh!t that he does is because, simply put, they're not anywhere near his level of suck.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2004, 07:13 PM »
As a form of civil resistance I've dropped out of survivor,I don't think the game can go on with two players gone,or can it?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2004, 07:57 PM »
And Phillip the Wise closed it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2004, 07:58 PM »
And Phillip the Wise closed it.

Kevin

You beat me to it...

Man he sure brought the hammer down:

This is not how moderators come and go in this forum

Sounds like GNT really is God.

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2004, 08:02 PM »
Damn I give you info Kev and you mis use it. I wanted to be the one to break the news. OH well.

Seeing that the tides had turned in there seeing that everyone was suddenly against Durge (which is really weird) it was about time to close it. Too many of the Mods were getting pissed.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2004, 08:10 PM »
Sounds like GNT really is God.

Indeed.

I'll never understand it...   ::)

Offline Sems Fir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.behindthetoys.com
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2004, 08:14 PM »
JediMac wrote:

"That whole "Coin" vs. "Medallion" thing, and the prototype arguement, were absolutely classic as well!"

Since I was one of the main culprits for proving GNT wrong in the Xizor thread I will state that I personally, don't have it out for GNT (despite my picture with comment added that I posted earlier in this thread).  Yes, he made himself look completely foolish in yet another one of his classic performances.  Gregg was doing his best to save his pride / ego but he ran into a couple of individuals who take the time to research about this hobby that we all share, and we could back up what was stated, while he knew he could not and his best effort was speculation.  If you notice Gregg disappeared once the Naboo fighter first shot images were posted as he had no defense against tangible evidence.  Plus, I knew that he did not know anyone of the employees who worked on either the Xizor figure or the Naboo fighter.  He did dance around many questions (that still are / went unanswered) as Gregg knew that he couldn't respond to them.  The now classic sig line "I'm God, so live with it" was such a poor comment to make, considering it showed how uneducated he proved himself to be in the hobby, and it also showcased his lack of intelligence when debating a topic, in particular a topic he knows nothing about.

I have great respect for JoshEEE for leaving the thread open.  I would've expected GNT to close the thread himself (if he could have, after taking some final shots) or for GNT to email a moderator of that section of the forums to close the thread, but JoshEEE let the storm ride until the end.

Gregg provides good entertainment (at least for me).  His posts are quite amusing, especially when he types drivel that clearly shows he has no idea what he's talking about.  I completely understand the frustration that everyone is feeling as to why he is still a moderator.  I still respect the position that he has as moderator.  I know it's an extremely difficult time consuming position.  Thanks again to everyone who posted to the Xizor thread in my defense.  I really appreciated it.

Best regards to the staff at Jedidefender!

Robert
NOOMIVARR SECTOR
BLACK S. U. N.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2004, 08:17 PM »
As a form of civil resistance I've dropped out of survivor,I don't think the game can go on with two players gone,or can it?

And right on schedule, GNT has locked the thread.

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=010315;p=4

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2004, 08:22 PM »
That needed to be closed, it was too heated between them.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Yep.
I say we all formaly resign from RS since GNT is still a moderator.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2004, 08:24 PM »
I've mostly ignored all the goings on with GNT, I try to pretend he doesn't exist...

That said, is the science fair geek pictured above really GNT, or just another Optimus Prime that someone found and decided to label GNT?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."