Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583377 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: KBZ jokes on GNT at scum
« Reply #285 on: February 25, 2004, 07:53 PM »
I signed. GNT stinks.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #286 on: February 25, 2004, 08:08 PM »
Well, I got a little overly excited this afternoon when I noticed that Jeremy posted this asinine nonsense when he closed one of those two GNT related Feedback Forum threads:

I'm talking about when antagonists make personal attacks against mods and members in their attempt to get rid of them. I'm thinking of the time some members used a picture they believed was Gregg to try and embaress him.

I really hope that he's not being serious there, and suggesting that Scott and I made that stuff up, and that the picture of Greg(g) isn't really him...  That's ludicrous.  I'm actually really close to posting the entire irrefutable trail of evidence that led us directly to the doorsteps of GNT's high school Yahoo News Groups page, with several of his pictures in their art section, like the now infamous one that the whole world has seen.

Apparently Greg(g)'s still telling folks that we just made the whole thing up.  In fact, it sounds like he's even denying now that he said that the picture is actually of "his cousin Greg", who is also nicknamed "The Master", just like Gregg/GNT is...  Boy, the family reunions there must be terribly confusing!   ::)

In fact, I was pretty much fine with Greg(g) for the most part, right up until the point he started adamantly denying the fact that we'd discovered his true (18 year old Pat Benatar with a goatee lookalike) identity.  When he started screaming and crying like a frightened little school girl, and hastily editing the name under his pictures from "Gregg" and "The Master" to just "Greg", before finally just locking access to his high school's page, I lost all respect for him...  Plus, the whole "I'm going to sue you guys" thing was just downright hilarious!   :P

I really feel sorry for anyone that's too damned frightened to admit to themselves and others who they really are, and who has to flat out LIE to the community that they participate in, in order to feel accepted (Gregg claims to be 33).  That's just sad.  Since Gregg is definitely a liar (on many occassions), I'm pretty sure that disqualifies him from being "God", as he's also claimed right here.

What a turd.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 25, 2004, 08:14 PM »
Well, I got a little overly excited this afternoon when I noticed that Jeremy posted this asinine nonsense when he closed one of those two GNT related Feedback Forum threads:

I'm talking about when antagonists make personal attacks against mods and members in their attempt to get rid of them. I'm thinking of the time some members used a picture they believed was Gregg to try and embaress him.

I really hope that he's not being serious there, and suggesting that Scott and I made that stuff up, and that the picture of Greg(g) isn't really him...  That's ludicrous.  I'm actually really close to posting the entire irrefutable trail of evidence that led us directly to the doorsteps of GNT's high school Yahoo News Groups page, with several of his pictures in their art section, like the now infamous one that the whole world has seen.

Apparently Greg(g)'s still telling folks that we just made the whole thing up.  In fact, it sounds like he's even denying now that he said that the picture is actually of "his cousin Greg", who is also nicknamed "The Master", just like Gregg/GNT is...  Boy, the family reunions there must be terribly confusing!   ::)

In fact, I was pretty much fine with Greg(g) for the most part, right up until the point he started adamantly denying the fact that we'd discovered his true (18 year old Pat Benatar with a goatee lookalike) identity.  When he started screaming and crying like a frightened little school girl, and hastily editing the name under his pictures from "Gregg" and "The Master" to just "Greg", before finally just locking access to his high school's page, I lost all respect for him...  Plus, the whole "I'm going to sue you guys" thing was just downright hilarious!   :P

I really feel sorry for anyone that's too damned frightened to admit to themselves and others who they really are, and who has to flat out LIE to the community that they participate in, in order to feel accepted (Gregg claims to be 33).  That's just sad.  Since Gregg is definitely a liar (on many occassions), I'm pretty sure that disqualifies him from being "God", as he's also claimed right here.

What a turd.

I was reading that as will and can't belive that they think you guys are making it up.  I posted the thread over there since my Profile is still denied to me and wanted to give more people the chance to sign it.  It's going to be interesting to see if its up in a few hours or not.  If they lock it I will repost it and ask them why they FEAR their members voicing they concerns about a moderator.  Hopefully I don't have to do it.

EDIT:  I guess I have to do it since they just moved it or deleted it.  Why do you guys at RS fear your community so much.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 08:15 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2004, 08:17 PM »
Matt,
  Jeremy has rubbed me the wrong way as of the past few days. The biggest thing that pisses me off with the whole GNT thing is that no one is allowed to have an opinion if it is public. It seems to be only allowed in private. Hence Jeremy's responce. He pretty much proved my point by locking the thread. I am sure Kenobis thread will follow soon enough but I had to add to that one as well.  I am eagrly awaiting a responce from philip although it will get me no where buy further on the **** list.
 It really makes you wonder where the members opinions really stand in their world?\\

edit addition
  Wow that didn't take long to get your thread closed Tom. I even responded in it to allow free speach. Guess the lords over ruled that silly notion.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 08:21 PM by Reconsgt »
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2004, 08:20 PM »
I've managed to have the petition remain in my sig line by just hyperlinking it with the text:

Check out this petition!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2004, 08:32 PM »
I've managed to have the petition remain in my sig line by just hyperlinking it with the text:

Check out this petition!

well, that'll end as soon as someone reads this thread  ;)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2004, 08:37 PM »
Lets see how long this post last at rebel scum.Why Fear Us?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 08:41 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2004, 08:41 PM »
The biggest thing that pisses me off with the whole GNT thing is that no one is allowed to have an opinion if it is public. It seems to be only allowed in private.

That's definitely the root of the problem Wayne.  None of their members are allowed to discuss it there, hence this gigantic snowballing "GNT Appreciation Thread" right here.  It's sad that we have to be the site to host the discussion about their moderator's ineffective abilities, instead of RS themselves.  It's because of this thread, that certain people are now incorrectly making this out to be some kind of huge site war between RS and JD, which couldn't be further from the truth...

The truth is just that most everyone thinks that Gregg should have his moderating title revoked.  That's pretty much all this issue really boils down to.  It's not JD vs. RS, or Matt and Scott vs. Greg(g).  It's just about doing the right thing.  It's about listening to your community and what they have to say - not turning a deaf ear to them and shunning them off to discuss said issue elsewhere.

Greg(g) has finally developed his "holier than thou" attitude, even to the point that he's referring to himself as God there, and it's really quite obnoxious - yet no one can say a word to or about him over there.  He's untouchable, and that's indeed a very sad testament to the current state of affairs at RS in my opinion...   :-\

BTW Tom, I'd probably just lay off trying to start new threads up over there on the matter.  Not really worth it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 08:45 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2004, 08:48 PM »
Matt-
 This thread summs up what I feel
http://forums.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=013919

I am sure it will get closed but I used an angle I hate to use. But after a half a dozen Jack and Cokes I loosen up.
 I agree what bothers me the most is no one is allowed to have a public opinion. For the life of me I just don't understand what that type of discussion is so feared?   I will say my RS days are numbered now but I really could care less. There is a reason I am here. All I can say is thanks to all the other members who make this place special

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2004, 08:48 PM »

BTW Tom, I'd probably just lay off trying to start new threads up over there on the matter.  Not really worth it.

That is my last post I will start over there about it anyways.  I just wish others will see it and maybe rasie questions about why we can't speak up when a moderator abuses his power.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 25, 2004, 09:00 PM »
Well all my threads at RS have since gone away. Even though they were civil and contained no ill remarks they are gone.  I love oppression ::)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2004, 09:02 PM »
Well all my threads at RS have since gone away. Even though they were civil and contained no ill remarks they are gone.  I love oppression ::)

I know how you feel.  I'm now waiting to get PM or emailed my banning letter because I spoke out on an issue that wasn't what the police state wanted to hear. ::)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2004, 09:05 PM »
well I got my PM

Philip Wise

Member # 1624   posted 02-25-2004 08:02 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wayne,

I have already stated this but I'll do it again for you.

How I manage the forum and moderators is not open to public discussion in this forum.

People will either like it or not and stay or not.

You can have all the discussion about it in public if you like, but not in a forum I provide.

Take your crusade elsewhere.

Well that about summs up his openess to his members

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2004, 09:15 PM »
well I got my PM

Philip Wise

Member # 1624   posted 02-25-2004 08:02 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wayne,

I have already stated this but I'll do it again for you.

How I manage the forum and moderators is not open to public discussion in this forum.

People will either like it or not and stay or not.

You can have all the discussion about it in public if you like, but not in a forum I provide.

Take your crusade elsewhere.

Well that about summs up his openess to his members

Thats a shame on the way he run those fourms.  I can remember when Mike (Bananapunk) use to own those fourms.  He wouldn't talk to a concern member in that way and was always open to people talking to him and other moderators if there was problem any time any where on the fourm.  
I still haven't gotten a PM so I guess he writting a very long one for me.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2004, 09:48 PM »
I just resigned,for the time being.I'll bet I get banned. :-*
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -