Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 164277 times)

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: The Scum's New Look
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2004, 01:36 PM »
I dont like it that much, it takes forever for it to load for me, and im on dsl.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2004, 01:38 PM »
My biggest problem with it (besides it being ugly, the constant errors, and the fact that I can't post there at all) would be the lack of information per page.

They show like 9 topics per page - and threads go to the next page after what seem slike a very small number of posts - the WAP thread (your stance on it aside) went from an already outrageous 315 pages to over 1100.

Even with the search tool it's pretty much impossible to navigate.

Although I doubt anything will change, if anyone with access could bring up the problems maybe in the feedback section - I'd appreciate it.

Phillip didn't seemed to be concerned at all by the idea that Norton would keep people from being able to get into the forums.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2004, 01:44 PM »
They show like 9 topics per page - and threads go to the next page after what seem slike a very small number of posts - the WAP thread (your stance on it aside) went from an already outrageous 315 pages to over 1100.

You can set topics / replies per page in you profile.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2004, 01:51 PM »

You can set topics / replies per page in you profile.

I was pretty sure you could set topics, but I didn't know you could do replies per page.  good to know - now, if I could just somehow be allowed to actually post...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2004, 01:53 PM »
I believe they have finally moved to the same software GH has been using for over 2 years...I do like that stuff better than the old because I can reduce the number of sections, edit the number of posts on the screen, see who is online etc...that is cool.  Why they are going to a copycat system and not something all new is a little baffling.  

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Update - Apparently I'm unbanned...

You might wanna fix that, I haven't apoligized yet for "making fun of other members... especially making fun of moderators," as Philip Wise put it.

And I won't be apoligizing to Greg(g)/GNT/God, ever.  :-*
"...been known to make mistakes... from time to time."

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2004, 02:35 PM »
But on the bright side, I did move up in the world there - from Member #2875 to #1760.  Did they purge a bunch of the inactive folks, I wonder...  Or did things just go that wonky with the switch?

I went from Member #3 to Member #7.  :(

Rob, I was playing around and having Norton running on my Win XP system didn't cause any problems with posting for me.

After using this software over at GH for a while now, it's not that big of a deal for me. Hopefully the errors and slowness are only temporary.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Guardian
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2004, 02:41 PM »
I logged in just to check and I dropped all the way to member #823 from #1404 (or something like that).

I can't say that I love the color sceme though.  I agree with the others who thought it was too bright.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Color me unimpressed personally...

-First the look is horrific.  I felt like I was looking at an atomic bomb detonation.  Very hurtful to the eyes, difficult to read, etc...

-Doesn't fit my screen totally so I now have a horozontal scroll bar that I didn't have before.

-The whole PM thing is frustrating to say the least, as some of us might have been SAVING PM's in our sent box for a specific reason and weren't alerted to this.  

-Did I mention it looks pretty terrible?  

-It's horrifically slow.  I have a great cable connection, and it's literally taking minutes to open pages for me.  This should change I'd hope, but if it doesn't I can safely say my time there will be finished...  I think others will agree with that.

The only thing I can say is that they can change it likely, and they probably will before it's all said and done, but the colors I doubt they bther changing at all.  And those are the biggest eyesore....  

I was expecting something really special actually, but color me unimpressed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2004, 02:48 PM »
I think the look is pretty rough looking, but I am sure they are just getting things set up. I can tell you it was surely a large task upgrading the forum and their will always be bugs to start.

I guess with the announcing of Scum's new forum software and look, I could announce that JediDefender will quite possibly be getting a total site revamp as well as a forum upgrade when the version is released out of Beta. I will start a thread to see what everyone thinks.

Linky
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 02:58 PM by Chris Berry »

SilverZ

« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Well, it doesn't actually bother me too much, visually. Smilies are rubbish though. Maybe those post counts reappearing will reinvigorate "core members" of the forum there. ::)

I drudged up my account to see if I was even still there, and sure enough, I am. #1709 and haven't posted since 9/17/02.  8) I guess that's the day I graduated.

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2004, 03:31 PM »
Can't say I like it.

Like others have said, its slow, looks bad, and pages arent loading right for me.  Oh well.  Thats just too bad.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Can anybody actually get it right now?  I'm clicking the link on the RS front page and it says I'm not authorized to view the page.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2004, 06:10 PM »
About an hour ago I got a message about UBBClassic or something like that.

Sounds like they're working on some more modifications.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Only one thing to say.............

WORST WEBPAGE RECONSTRUCTION EVER!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 06:42 PM by hansolo_506 »
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry