Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583164 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum.. is it just me??
« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2004, 01:06 AM »
Nice segue-ish thing going there.  Place of employment plus the catch phrase.  Very nice.  

Ok.  I'm wrong.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2004, 01:22 AM »
Nice segue-ish thing going there.  Place of employment plus the catch phrase.  Very nice.

You like that?  I kinda like that, myself.  

Thanks.  

Ok.  I'm wrong.

Well, you are probably a little bit right.

Maybe it's kind of like when the old family cat that you love to torment the hell out of for not using the litterbox dies --  on one hand, you're glad the house doesn't smell like cat piss anymore, but on the other hand, you kind of miss kicking him around afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 01:27 AM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2004, 01:47 AM »
Rebelscum's better than a lot of places...  That much I can say for them, and they do have some good staff and good mods there, they're just not filled with them, and my #1 issue would be...

They don't handle ANY actual problems they have.

It's cool they hired GNT to "give him a try" but to say his work there is anything above unacceptable is to give him entirely too much credit/sympathy.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't actually despise him as a hypocrite...  I try giving the benefit of the doubt.

I just see him as NOT being good at his "job" as it were.  You can't be with his personality...  Same can be said for a lot of people deemed moderator at a TON of sites.  Some people don't have the right personality for it because it requires you to bite your tongue in public a LOT.  To me, moderators aren't people you hire based on their activity in a forum, but their quality of posts...  You gotta ask "how often does this guy cause friction or reply to friction?", and understandably (myself included) a lot of people get into debates/arguments at forums.  It's the nature of people.

That said, I still go to Scum...  I've always obeyed their rules (the few times I've been "reprimanded" by staff there were out of line IMO, and not by their best staff), and I enjoy parts of their forums...  They're nothing of what they were when I started at CSW though.  They're a shell of that level of quality by far.

I go to GH.com too of course, but it's not what CSW was.  That's sad too because I was really hoping it would be.  I used to not go to GH.com much at all because I had dial-up and their site loads slowly even on Cablenet for me...  Dial-up then was attrocious.

Good guys there though for the most part, and even disagreements are usually handled tactfully.  

Of course, this is my home and I've found it to have the most interesting activity and the most interesting people.  We don't have too many conflicts, and when we do the staff's able to talk about them openly to get a resolution to it.  God knows we've had that problem in the past (not recently, knock on wood).  

Scum's got good people at it though, for all its negative attention right now...  With a swift kick in the collective ass of their admin (no offense), it could be better, but I don't foresee this so I'm happily away from there as my SW "home" permanently.  Still fun to stop in, and like Virex said there's definitely some people there that need shaken up once in a while.  For every great member there there are 2 or 3 bad members that just have terrible opinions.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2004, 02:35 AM »
Oh AngryEwok...I miss you so...
Still have my sig line down there.

I haven't 'Made the Cross' here, but I do drop in from time to time...I like RS, mainly because of the Look What I found Section...I also like the EU sections, and Wuhers has a couple nice threads...occasionally.

RS has changed since I joined though...It was nice being a newb. I never noticed so much baiting, trolling and flaming...Must be hard running and Internet forum, photo Archive, collection engine, and news website all at once though. I don't blame Philip, or any Admin for getting pissy.

I haven't had any run-ins with mods...at least none I can remember, so I really don't have any reason to dislike them. Which is nice...Cause I can space myself from all this Anti-GNT, anti Obi-robz, anti-JoshEEE stuff.

It is getting annoying there though...so many people are too proud of their posting, and it's a shame they read with the attitude they do...I often think RS would be a much greater community if there were better ways to convey emotion in posts.

And the new members are getting annoying...I can think of a few, and a few oldies that are getting weird lately....

Trade Forums are nice though...same as area reports...Customizing section is busy too...Nice to see customs...but when there is a bad one, even constructive criticism is frowned upon...weird. You've got to say 'Great job!' or 'Looking nice' even if the figure looks like crap.

But I'm afraid ,that with my luck, when I decide to come over here for the majority, most Scummers wil decide that too, and these boards will get warped too. Shame...I'll probably just stop posting a bit after I reach Grand Moff... There's not much to talk about now...

And I'll probably come around for Ep3, but it'll be a newbie frenzy and that'll make it a sucky time.

I know you guys, at least most of you, hate me because of my childish rants, and useless posts, but maybe I'm not so bad after all.

No hard feelings? Wow...It's been awhile since I've seen AngryEwok PM me that.  :-\

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2004, 03:29 AM »
I just don't post all that much anymore, anywhere.  I actually have a job now which eats alot of my time.  And when I do get online, i don't want to waste my time posting things that nobody gives a **** about.  I've found unless you are part of the 'in' clique at 'Scum, most of your posts and comments go largely ignored.  So why contribute at all?

The problem I have with members over there is the fact everyone is so damn negative all the time about everything.  Of course then we have GNT with his 10 trillion post count, which is just...scary.  The site is good for news and thats about it.  And even then GH beats them most of the time, plus has better photo archives and what not.

so whatever.  I don't really care much.  I do give Scum credit though, at least their forums are not as horrid as TFN boards.  I cannot even stand that site.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #440 on: June 12, 2004, 03:54 AM »
Ah, heck.  No hard feelings Justin.  And I don't think anyone hates you.  I'm sure some folks think you're a bit "nutty" at times, but that's no big deal.  Probably the thing that would irritate folks is the comment about reaching Grand Moff, since nobody here really cares about post counts/rankings.  But it's been fun watching you youngin's "grow" over the past year or two.  Seems like some pretty good improvements from a number of you guys since back when you first started.  More content and quality in the posts, and I'm not just speaking about you.  Keep at it, and someday you may just be mentioned in the same breath as studs like Jesse James, mosnab, Morgbug, Tydirium, and even OCB!   8)

Anyway, that's all we really look for here at JD - quality and content.  So don't get too down on yourself.  Just have fun on the boards, and enjoy your collecting, and you should be just fine.  JD will always be here, and feel free to drop in to our SoCal thread from time to time too!  I'm always interested in what's hanging around in my old stomping grounds of OC, and a few of us still make pretty frequent trips down there.

And if there is a pretty big Ep. 3 bum rush on the forums, including here at JD, we'll be ready for it.  We've got some of the best mods in the business here, so I think we'll be able to handle it and keep things running smoothly here at Cheers...   ;)

But some people have brought up some valid points about RS here.  There are still a few mature and/or worthwhile sections over at RS, that are good for a look and some decent conversation and helpful information IMO.  Most notably the Vintage, Customs, and Props forums comes to mind, which not-so-coincidentally are the boards that have the "older" collectors participating in them.  Then of course, with the sheer multitude of people over there, the Store Reports and Classifieds can be helpful too.

Of course, they still have Greg(g) there, so he kinda offsets some of those positives...   :P

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 12, 2004, 11:42 AM »
Isn't there already a 'scum-bashing thread around here? Let's close this one. :P

I have't posted a lot on Scum lately for a number of reasons some of them being Greg(g) and Greg(g) Jr but I enjoy the stuipdity of they fights they have.

Okay, who's "Greg(g) Jr?"

Durge, he seems to be going for the rank of emperor now and has gotten this whole thing were he thinks he is a mod or something over there.  

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 12, 2004, 01:18 PM »
Isn't there already a 'scum-bashing thread around here? Let's close this one. :P

I have't posted a lot on Scum lately for a number of reasons some of them being Greg(g) and Greg(g) Jr but I enjoy the stuipdity of they fights they have.

Okay, who's "Greg(g) Jr?"

Durge, he seems to be going for the rank of emperor now and has gotten this whole thing were he thinks he is a mod or something over there.  

Truer words have yet to be spoken...the dude chimes in on every single topic that doesn't interest him with something along the lines of "this doesn't interest me very much one way or the other" - end post.

Durge

« Reply #443 on: June 12, 2004, 03:23 PM »
WTF? That is not true at all. This threads does not interest me... Bye.

;D

I am beginning to hate RS because of GNT. He is by far the biggest jackass I have ever come into contact with. At least I have interest in the things I post. He lives in Australia and posts in threads about Weekends or Celebration 3.

I do nothing wrong. There are just a few ******* who seem to think that since I have a "high" post count, I'm just screwing with everyone and I don't actually have interest in what I post. Listen up you **** heads!

;)

Durge

« Reply #444 on: June 12, 2004, 03:25 PM »
Oh and about the mod accusation... I don't want to be moderator, I just believe that if someone does something wrong and they are not reprimanded, then their peers should step in and let them know.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 12, 2004, 03:48 PM »
 But it's been fun watching you youngin's "grow" over the past year or two.  Seems like some pretty good improvements from a number of you guys since back when you first started.  More content and quality in the posts, and I'm not just speaking about you.  Keep at it, and someday you may just be mentioned in the same breath as studs like Jesse James, mosnab, Morgbug, Tydirium, and even OCB!   8)

I doubt we (the young ones) will ever be able to occupy the same space as you guys. Ya'll are legends.

Now something I fear for the coming year is a large amount of trolling, stupid threads, and an increased number of people. I suppose a slight touch of isolationism could hypotheticaly come into play next year, but, really the ideas at JD are shared so many places it wouldn't work.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dark_Kanos

• Youngling
  • Jawa Ben
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 12, 2004, 03:57 PM »
Lets see I belong to Jedi Defender's forums and Rebelscum's! Rebelscum has been great except for a few dumb people! Replies are very good very and updated a lot and here it seems like when every I post people just ignore it and I feel awful by posting it!  8) Just my words!  8)  ;D
Jawa Ben

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #447 on: June 12, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Well Ben I'm sorry you feel ignored but keep in mind you haven't even posted 10 times yet.  ::)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #448 on: June 12, 2004, 05:13 PM »
here it seems like when every I post people just ignore it and I feel awful by posting it!

I feel awful by you posting it.

One forum just isn't enough to sh!t on--let's all come over to Jedi Defender and sh!t all over their forums, too.  My idocy shouldn't be limited just to one forum!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 12, 2004, 06:06 PM »
here it seems like when every I post people just ignore it and I feel awful by posting it!

I feel awful by you posting it.

One forum just isn't enough to sh!t on--let's all come over to Jedi Defender and sh!t all over their forums, too.  My idocy shouldn't be limited just to one forum!
I'm beginning to see why people like you.