Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588313 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rebelscum.. is it just me??
« Reply #465 on: June 13, 2004, 07:15 PM »
Durge, you have made a few comments that I find to be pretty inaccurate. If you are going to bash GNT, make sure it is intelligent. Saying that he is the "biggest jackass" because he never posted in the religious and political threads is just stupid. If you want to stay out of a flame war (in most cases), you're a jackass?

You're coming over to this site thinking you are some in house name is somewhat annoying with the backup of not-so-intelligent posts that you have already made. A little bit more respect in your posts would make more sense.

Josh, thanks for coming and stating your thoughts, always nice to have someone who can balance and not be a fool. I do want to comment though, I think it is a cop out to say because Scum is a large(r) forum that it is too hard to moderate at times. Scum fails in the forum dept. as a whole (IMO) because the adminstrators can't make solid decisions and implement them.

Thanks ;D

Yeah, I thought the same thing so I deleted the post. No need to be rude about it.

Not rude, just frank.  :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #466 on: June 13, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Not rude, just frank.  :)

I don't think Durge is going to be around to respond, Chris Berry--sadly, he's deleted his account.  :(

How are the rest of us supposed to continue?

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #467 on: June 13, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Durge is gone? No. No you're all lying...

I can't talk right now.  :'(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 13, 2004, 09:42 PM »
I noticed he deleted his account too.  :(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #469 on: June 13, 2004, 09:52 PM »
Durge is gone? No. No you're all lying...

I can't talk right now.  :'(

Dude, it took me two hours just to compose my above reply.

My tears briefly shorted out my keyboard.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 13, 2004, 10:54 PM »
 This is Jangofettish all over again!

I feel so dirty for even posting in this thread! :'(
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 13, 2004, 10:59 PM »
Might as well close the whole site down now... I'm sure 80% of the members here will follow Durge right back over to the scum...  :-\

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #472 on: June 13, 2004, 11:11 PM »
I'm sure 80% of the members here will follow Durge right back over to the scum...  :-\

The Durge is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #473 on: June 13, 2004, 11:11 PM »
Note to self: Follow Durge.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #474 on: June 14, 2004, 04:17 AM »
He's gone already? Man that was fast. Is he banned here too?  ;D

Either way....Durge sent me this PM but because he was gone, I couldn't reply to his message. Apparently, I hit the wrong reply button (above his) and BDW got a nice suprise from me this evening and wondered if HE'D been banned from RS.  :)

THEN...to make matters worse I attempted to reply to one of the hundreds of posts Durge has reported in his previous days at scum that I still had in email, but forgot that the new system over there sends the reply to the admins instead of the person who reported the post.

So now about a half dozen people have seen the same stupid message I tried to send to Durge.

Because of this fiasco, I have now decided that Durge is the center of all evil in the universe....and I shall never reply to him again on ANY site.

Or maybe I'll just get some sleep because it's 1am out here, and my judgement is a little impaired.  ;)

Got Clones?

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 14, 2004, 05:14 AM »
I only visit RS for the main page news and the photo archives. I no longer post in the forums because the members act like babies, and for just about every reason listed already. Plus, I HATE the new look.

JD is the only SW forum I post at now. :)

not all memebers are childish. :) I still go there to watch the Action fleet section, trade and classifieds sections and somketimes Wuher. And recently Trade Feedback section.

I sort of like the new look, especially the Favorite threads option. That is COOL!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #476 on: June 14, 2004, 05:42 AM »
If Durge is to read this, for whatever reason (I don't believe he is banned here Josh...  Not yet anyway, unless Chris did so without mentioning it or it showing up on his name there), I figured I'd make a post so he doesn't feel so harshly treated.

Like Chris said, it was more brutal honesty than harshness.

I've watched Durge and GNT go back and forth at each other, and while a lot of people give you props for not "taking it" from GNT (which nobody should have to), they also don't respect the WAY either of you post.

I'm not saying myself here...  I was indifferent, and part of me liked seeing GNT get pissed off at, more or less, looking in a mirror.

But by that very statement, it's not a complement on your posting habits Durge.  Unfortunately you weren't there before GNT became a mod, if I'm correct, and it's your posting habits now that are the reason a LOT of people don't respect GNT in the first place.

He basically did (and often still does) the same things you were.  Reporting posts when it isn't his job to "police" people posting...  posting no matter when/where to seemingly just have one more post (quantity over quality for short).

Again, I ignored GNT's behavior as just the type of guy he was...  I only clashed with him when he clashed with me directly, which wasn't terribly often.  Others though, disliked GNT because he simply wasn't someone whose opinion really struck you as "great".  You didn't look forward to his latest reply.  It was filler most of the time.

You were becoming similar to a lot of people.  I know this only because I've heard the same rumblings arise towards you as towards GNT in his early days.

The rumblings towards GNT now are of a different nature...  They more directly annoy people than before.  They're worse, admittedly.

With that said...

I think it's laughable for Scum to ban Durge and not GNT.  Their decision, but when you ban one who acts one way, you're obligated to ban the other who baited or reacted right alongside the one you banned.  That would be GNT to me.

I'm not saying either should've been banned, but I hold to the fact GNT should be de-modded and they BOTH should be made settle down or face being kicked out.

It's just Durge at GNT's throat over there though.  That little feud worked the opposite direction every thread I ever saw.

It's important to stand by your staff, but it's more important to hire the right people in the first place I think.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 14, 2004, 01:37 PM »
I had brown rice for the first time last night and I'm never going back.  The new experience contributed to me missing the RS Durge showdown.  Hell.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Durge

« Reply #478 on: June 14, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Hi guys...Meesa back. I feel I need to clear the air about certain things. I might as well just keep this account as I know there will be some backlash. This place isn't so bad. ;) So the deal over at RS is that I've been banned for 30 days. I'm not sure if the reason should be discussed over here, but I can tell you that it had nothing to do with my posting habits, "moderating", etc. There was no "episode" in which I created a thread to flame a certain member that was locked, or something like that. It was a quiet "inside" kind of thing.

I guess I might as well post here until the sentence has drawn out. Who knows? Maybe this place will grow on me. Everyone else seems to really like it here. :)

-Durge :P

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 14, 2004, 04:18 PM »
Thirty days? That's steep. Must've really pissed someone off. Well done.  :)
Post sober.