Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586607 times)

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Scum continues it's downward spiral
« Reply #705 on: October 21, 2004, 12:38 PM »
I tend to think RS is much more entertaining without more moderators. It's kind of one big freak fest of spastic posting sometimes. It's quite funny to read, especially without a mod locking down threads or insulting people because he thinks they may post too much or whatever. It always seems like the moderators are above and beyond the most opinionated of all. Really, the only times I haven't enjoyed reading RS are when some of the mods (and ex-mods) have come into a thread and become serious and belligerent. Kind of like when "Dad" comes home from work in a foul mood--all the fun is over.  :P  

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 21, 2004, 01:57 PM »
I'd love to be able to tell Rocket Fett that he's got to knock it off from a position of message board authority when he comes trolling every fourth or fifth month...

that alone would make it worth it.

you're gonna have to bite your metaphorical tounge quite a bit, though. be sure you wanna make the leap.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 21, 2004, 04:46 PM »
RS is... one big freak fest of spastic posting

I like that.  :)
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Vote for Chewbacca the Wookiee

• Youngling
  • If you haven't seen me before, I'm new to you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 21, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Go the distance, Rob! ;D
"The truths we cling to depend greatly on our pwn point of view." - Ben Kenobi
Appearing for the first time anywhere outside of Rebelscum, Chewbacca the...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #709 on: October 21, 2004, 11:56 PM »
My personal opinion, I'd let the water continue to swirl around the bowl and wave bye-bye instead of jumping in and joining the rest of the ****, but that's just me ;)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 22, 2004, 10:25 AM »
My personal opinion, I'd let the water continue to swirl around the bowl and wave bye-bye instead of jumping in and joining the rest of the ****, but that's just me ;)

Ya see though OCB, the waters been swirling for so long now that I 've accepted the fact that it's one of those damn toilets that never really flushes all the way. You know what I mean? I think there's always gonna be just enough good over there to keep the whole thing from tanking. Speaking only for my self, I know I can't keep away, something keeps pulling me back in. Sure my posts are few and far between, but I always go back. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I've been there since the great migration (I came over then), and have been witness to the spin-offs, mergers and all the other ****. Lord there's been lots of ****!

Again, speaking only for myself, I think KBZ should try to go clean RS up a bit. Couldn't hurt the place.

Hey! How come I can't say **** anymore? ??? Guess I need to haunt this place a bit more frequently.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 10:28 AM by T-Bone Kenobi »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 22, 2004, 04:24 PM »

Hey! How come I can't say **** anymore? ??? Guess I need to haunt this place a bit more frequently.

I think you have to turn your language filter to "on", or something like that. 

As for RS, I have no idea what goes on beyond props (which is a great section).  I pop in on other sections now and then (usually C3 and MI finds) so I didn't know there was a major meltdown.  Oh well, as long as the trolls leave the prop section alone - I'm happy.
Beth

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #712 on: October 22, 2004, 08:55 PM »
I've seen a crazier/worse place than RS.

It's the Red Mosquito board. OCB/Scott might know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, there's always someplace worse is the point. Spastic posting can be fun, if not overdone.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #713 on: October 22, 2004, 11:01 PM »
hahah so i just got asked by this one guy who ive was just basically arguing with in wuher's in the wrestling trivia thread if i could be a reference for him in his quest to become a mod. initially i thought no, i don't know you and i dont really care what the hell happens to the scum boards. but then i started thinking, ya know why not be a reference for him, if he became a mod he it would help lead towards the further deterioation of the scum. dilemmas, dilemmas, what do you all think i should do?  ::)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 23, 2004, 12:52 AM »
I wonder if my alter ego could become a mod...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 23, 2004, 05:13 AM »
I wonder if my alter ego could become a mod...

Probably ;D

My reference went to Rob.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #716 on: October 23, 2004, 10:31 AM »
Scum definitely isn't the worst board ever. You guys should check out some of the music boards out there. The friendliest board is the HELLBLAZER comic forum. It's badass and other than arguments about how sucky the "Constantine" film will be (starring Canoe Reams), there's hardly a harsh word ever spoken.

Scum's problem is letting children and neanderthals post frequently. It's the same problem with any board really that caters to children. I think message boards should decide who their target audience is and toe the line. Some kids are mature enough to handle posting in an adult forum, but the majority of them just aren't.

If you want a forum predominantly inhabited by children, then you must expect the kind of drama you get at Scum.

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 23, 2004, 02:27 PM »
ok, i see the points that most of you are making about RS (and wuher's mainly), but isn't it a bit, i dunno, redundant to have an entire thread here complaining about it? i know some people here have stopped posting there (some by choice, some not), but the majority of people here are still regular over at RS. isn't the constant sarcasm and satire most of us dish out over there enough? i don't get the point of complaining about it at an entirely seperate forum that seems to exist solely as a refuge for part time defectors from RS because it has a good-sized population of halfwitted kids with overused keyboards. i still hang around there because i think there are still some worthwhile things going on from time to time. i think wuher's has lost a lot of charm; i've done my part to try to make things interesting over there, but i'm about done with all that. it's not worth the time to me. regardless, i still take part in some discussions that i think are interesting enough to warrant returning. and i know a lot of you here do, as well.

if you want to complain about how bad it's gotten there, why not try to start something interesting there? start some threads to make it what you want it to be. otherwise, why complain about it while still participating? i guess i just think complaining about forum boards (particularly star wars toy collecting open topic forums) is pretty silly, especially if you're doing it in ANOTHER star wars toy collecting open topic forum. maybe that's just me.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 23, 2004, 03:22 PM »
I was happy in my Internet bubble for about a year before I even realized that there were forums and discussions going on and sales and trades etc. I still can't say how I stumbled upon the forums in the first place. I don't really come from a strong computer background! I have been using the same used computer that I bought 5 years ago off my wife's friend. Anyway R S was really good to me, I made tons of trades, bought and sold toys without a hitch for well over a year. Then everything started to unravel, the mods were becoming "the police", I had 3 - 4 trades go to the ***** because of deadbeat traders and sellers. I called the mods nazi's, in the sense of their world police, militant rules etc. I was then schooled about the nazi holocahast and booted off the boards for a week or 2, they even wanted me to watch shindlers list as part of my "rehab" ;D Can you believe that? What a f'n joke. R S has gone down hill so fast it should consider entering the giant slalom at the next winter Olympics. I still check it once in a while to see what news they have “borrowed” off other sites as well as make some trades.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #719 on: October 23, 2004, 04:32 PM »
I didn't know you'd pulled the Nazi card and gotten banned too Tripper.

That's kinda funny...  There is over-sensitivity there on many issues, by a vast majority of people.  Tack onto that all the liars, all the completely arrogant people, all the "kids" (not all kids are bad, but the "kids" are guys like Gen Windu, yodaboi, etc. who are considered above and beyond annoying), and all the condescending attitudes.

There's a lotta Comic-Book-Guy syndromes over there...  Especially towards new people (old or young) and it transcends sections of that site.  Vintage has them, Modern areas have them, the film sections have them, and Wuhers has them by the truckload.

Also, there's guys there that simply aren't respectable...  The kind that fight just to fight, argue a point when they're wrong (Some even being proven they were arguing the opposite way in other threads), and won't back down at all...  These are people that simply like hearing themselves talk, and making sure everyone else has eyes on them.  Little attention from their parents, so they crave it on internet forums.

Then there's the political BS...  There's still guys there that think making a point politically is what every post should be about, even when against the rules of the site...  It's one of the few rules Scum tries hard to enforce.

I mean, there's names there that really should've been banned LONG ago, even when it was a half-decent forum, but they still are trolling around...  Some of them are people let back in that were rightfully kicked out in the first place even. 

Yet someone makes a Nazi "joke" because of the over-policing on some issues, and that whole site is up in arms on it.  I'll never get that way of running things.  That's what doesn't make sense, and I think it's the reason for the downhill days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77