Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588571 times)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: Jamie Can't Take The Heat...Stays Out Of The Kitchen
« Reply #780 on: November 17, 2004, 11:21 AM »
I'm both shocked and amazed that the good "Lady" is a mod now.  I really don't know what else to say about it, other than at this point I really hope they make someone like General Windu or Yoda Boi a mod as well so the transformation into hell can be complete.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 17, 2004, 12:45 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the problem many of you have with LJ? Yeah, she posts a lot and her spelling, syntax and grammar are sometimes atrocious, but everything I've read from her has been pretty straight forward and respectful of others. Since when did posting a lot be a "bad" thing? And as far as "substance," I don't think you should actually expect to find much of it on any toy-collecting forums. Like I said before, RS is pretty entertaining because of its geek-fest posting, and if they could get rid of the disrespectful dimwits that post there, it'd be even more so.

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 17, 2004, 12:54 PM »
Ok, back to Zod.  I must have missed - did we vote or something over there?  Cuz I was all set to send in this letter of recommendation on my company's letterhead and everything.  Forged endorsements from foreign heads of state too. I would have at least PM'd the approriate head guy there. 

"Oh man, we spaced on the election day - it was yesterday!"

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 17, 2004, 12:59 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that less than 1 of them had any degree of substance whatsoever.

but... only zero is less than one... ohhhhhhh.

anyone notice how many threads DBB has started since his knighthood? it's kinda cute.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 17, 2004, 01:01 PM »
I really hope they make someone like General Windu or Yoda Boi a mod as well so the transformation into hell can be complete.

Ahhhhh, that would be so awesome!
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 17, 2004, 01:47 PM »
And as far as "substance," I don't think you should actually expect to find much of it on any toy-collecting forums. Like I said before, RS is pretty entertaining because of its geek-fest posting, and if they could get rid of the disrespectful dimwits that post there, it'd be even more so.

There's lack of substance, then there's lack of substance.  We're not talking about a dissertation on nuclear physics versus a tirade about the price of the VOTC.  We're talking about the difference between a thread on the Incredibles or some generic movie and what you liked about it versus a bunch of posts soley comprised of :) 's and !!!!!!!!'s. 

Some people treat it like a chat room where anything that flutters into your head must be posted. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 01:48 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #786 on: November 17, 2004, 04:33 PM »
I've always gotten along with LJ, but I have to admit that what's being said is true.  She's a post-count/padding champion.  She always has been, and it's cost her respect from a vast majority.

I don't mind DBB as a person either...  I think LJ and DBB are probably good people.  The same can't be said for my opinion of the other monkeys in the cage, like Yoda Boi, General Windu, etc...  Those guys irk the **** out of me because their personalities are in the toilet along with their habits at the site. 

That said though, DBB and LJ tend to not represent ideals in behavior, especially from a site that bitches about post-padding like Scum does.  They hired GNT though, so the tone has been set.  What can you really say about it at this point?

Anything's fair game I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #787 on: November 17, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Yeah pretty much what JJ and KBZ have said is the truth, you have these people who clearly don't have the concept of how a message board is to be used now becoming moderators and only setting bad examples for the other members many of which themselves have no clue. The thing to remember though is that these kind of people gravitate towards scum, first it was GNT, then it was banky and sithlordtoys, then it was durge and lady jaye, now its people like general windu and yoda boi. It's not something the scum can escape from, but it sure does make for some entertaining spectacles.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 17, 2004, 09:29 PM »
Wow rebelscum has become quite entertaining as of late, hasn't it? I do have one question though, why is it that defender only needs a few mods, and scum likes to have 10 or more in the catina?

Sorry if it is a stupid question, but i very rarely post over that way any more.

Claude

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #789 on: November 17, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Wow rebelscum has become quite entertaining as of late, hasn't it? I do have one question though, why is it that defender only needs a few mods, and scum likes to have 10 or more in the catina?

Sorry if it is a stupid question, but i very rarely post over that way any more.

Claude

Well Logray I'm sure there are several valid reasons for why JD only needs a couple of mods as opposed to a dozen at Scum for their "Off Topic" section. One reason would be that the amount of people going thru scum is higher and  as such more idiots go thru there than here at JD. Another reason of course would be that the mods here are you know, competent.

Rock rock on!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 17, 2004, 09:57 PM »
Age is probably a huge factor too.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #791 on: November 18, 2004, 02:34 AM »
I must admit to being blown away when I stopped by the scum earlier today. I'm gone only a few days and it goes to hell.

DBB is a good choice for mod (he's there all the time and generally level headed) but passing KBZ over for the queen of extra punctuation marks?

Did they feel there was a shortage of smiley faces or something?

Christ.

BTW.....someone apparently finally "outed" Lady Jaye by posting a picture of her in a thread tonight, which was quickly removed.

"Lady Jaye" herself said that this girl had the same name, but that the picture wasn't her (is this another Gregg/Greg situation?). Did I miss some detective work over the last few days?  ;D

Got Clones?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #792 on: November 18, 2004, 02:48 AM »
Greg(g) thing is exactly what I thought...  Good eye to get it before removed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 18, 2004, 07:57 AM »
So its Bertha, is it?  The picture is back up at Scum, so it was quickly removed, then denied, then put back up? Hmmm.

I guess we could ask those people that she listed, if we wanted to.

I've been put off by some of Lady Jaye's shenannigans, like the posting of "provocative" pictures of racists just to instigate fights, and the the majority of posts I don't even read as they just seem to fill out threads with punctuation. I always liked discussing certain things with her though.  Still, she ain't exactly mod material.

Too much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 18, 2004, 09:17 AM »
There's lack of substance, then there's lack of substance.  We're not talking about a dissertation on nuclear physics versus a tirade about the price of the VOTC.  We're talking about the difference between a thread on the Incredibles or some generic movie and what you liked about it versus a bunch of posts soley comprised of :) 's and !!!!!!!!'s. 

Some people treat it like a chat room where anything that flutters into your head must be posted. 

I guess I've never really understood the whole post-padding problem and why it has to be a problem. Everyone has been guilty at one time or another of posting a pointless or obvious (often rude) remark. I guess lack of substance is subjective...which I think is the root of the whole problem.

Overall, though, LJ and DBB seem to me to have always been respectful of others, and even if it means more overall posts, that's a step in the right direction.