Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586581 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Did Dante predict Rebelscum (Wuhers)?
« Reply #915 on: December 14, 2004, 09:44 PM »
of KBZ's "Party Monster" avatar of Wilson Cruz, with GNT's face superimposed on it, and I know photoshopping Greg's face on images is an immature passtime here.

That picture doesn't contain one single solitary pixel of Greg(g)'s face.  Not a one.

I can't decide whether it's an insult, or a great compliment that you thought it did.

Man, message board drama cracks me up though...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 09:45 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 14, 2004, 09:48 PM »
Oh oh, here we go again.

Let's get it on!!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 14, 2004, 09:56 PM »

That picture doesn't contain one single solitary pixel of Greg(g)'s face.  Not a one.

No,  Rob. "Zack Attack" had an avatar for all of 5 minutes before taking it down after his post in Darth_Darth's "I'm Sorry" thread.
It was an altered version of your avatar.

I can also tell you it was painted all black around both sides of the hat, and Gregg's face was on it. It was hosted by a remote image hosting site, www.imgbucket.com.

Personally, all I want is for there not to be any reason to speculate, and I appreciate everyone here actually being opposed to Vator's experiments.

Vator, your "tests" only re-stated the obvious. By way of being an banned Rebelscum member, and supposed faithful JD supporter, you are more or less representing this site as a whole. Don't force the staff to clean up after you for something so trivial as the moderation on a board, especially on a Sunday night, when most people are getting ready for work the next day.

I'm not apologizing, as I haven't done anything wrong, but I am sorry that people mistook my questions for direct accusations. It's the story of my life, being misunderstood, so I'm used to it by now.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 10:11 PM by Cine »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #918 on: December 14, 2004, 10:16 PM »
I'm annoyed by this thread. People who whine are annoying, and this thread has some whining. Because a member of my site posts something at another site, it does nothing in regards to this websites name. They are not endorsed by JediDefender so it is not an issue. Wuhers is a stupid mess, we all know that. Oh well. Don't like it- don't go there. We don't "test" or care to "test" the moderators at Scum, their actions speak for themselves, and it is not even like I or even "we" CARE. It is a different site and it doesn't affect what goes on here. They do plenty right and that is why they are still around. We do quite a bit right as well and people choose to come here. It all comes down to a personal preference. I don't mind if you point out something specific from Wuhers that is especially stupid or laughworthy, but to just whine on and on.... enough is enough guys...

I don't feel like locking this, you can finish out the "battle" and then let it go. I expect this thread to die down on its own after a while, don't make a moderator lock it.  :-*
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 10:24 PM by Chris »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 14, 2004, 10:20 PM »
Cine,

I in no way represent Jedidefender and do not wish to have my personal actions linked to the site. If they are viewed as such there is nothing I can do to help that. If so I would like to apologise to the site. It was never my intention to do so.

and to the rest of the Rebelscum memebers,

It would seem asthough my actions have lead to suspicion of others at this site in a small degree. While I do know of other people who have flammed RS who are memebers here, know this, it is not on the behalf of JD but on the behalf of the idividual.

To the rest,

Please except my sincerest apologies. It will not happen again, and I apologise for any inter-fourm animosity that may have been renewed as a result of my actions.

Edit: As Chris said. I did what I did on my own, and did not seek credit for it. While I can understand how my 'In memorium' could have been seen as credit seeking it was not. It was a joke and nothing more.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 10:23 PM by Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #920 on: December 14, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Don't worry about it Andrew

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 14, 2004, 10:25 PM »
i think you've maybe watched one too many detective movies, man. you also claimed that darth darth is virex, right?

you also say that the staff has to "clean up" after whatever these people are doing - why? why do they have to clean up anything? hitting the lock button is difficult? it looked like the threads that got "attacked" were pretty stupid in the first place and would have headed towards the lock eventually. are these people threatening anyone? harassing them? i don't get it.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #922 on: December 14, 2004, 10:26 PM »
* While Josh claims that Redhawk's possible orientation here was irrelevant, it isn't, especially in the wake of Vator's actions, and the "Darth_Darth"/"Zack Attack" conundrum.

I still think it's irrelevant.  So what if Redhawk is a banned RS member that JD allows to be a member over here?  Should JD refuse ALL banned RS members?  Although I'm tempted to say yes, I realize that these days it's a lot easier to get banned from that site.....and someday I could find myself in that same boat for nothing more than a simple joke.

So does JD itself need to feel responsible because one of their several hundred members is posting with socks on over at RS? I don't think so.  If that person had a thread over here saying "Hey, watch me F with Rebelscum" that would be one thing.....but there is no such thread.  The stupidity this guy is creating is not "Endorsed' By JD as far as I can tell.

Here's where JD's responsiblity for this whole thing lies.  If "Redhawk" were posting that kind of garbage over here and the mods were leaving him alone, I could see JD's name getting soiled a bit.  But that's not happening here.

After all, this is supposed to be a more "mature" community. In many ways, it is.....although I attribute a lot of that to the size of this place.

If JD ever gets the membership RS has, it'll be intersting to see how this site will deal with the Durges, Yoda Bois and other post whoring clowns who spend all day typing senselesss replies to everything because they enjoy nothing more than seeing their name at the top of every topic.  

I wonder....would this site entertain people that like to post a sentence and a smiley face if a sudden massive influx of them came pouring in? Or would they be quickly excommunicated one by one? COULD they?

What about the folks like Redhawk who post silly threads simply to see what kind of a little **** storm they can start on the boards?  What should be done about them?

While I have more respect for the latter than the former.....they're both just the same stereotypical characters you meet on any message board. There's always going to be some 12 year old post whore, there's always going to be some person who thinks they're witty when they post threads mocking the board they're members of......and there are always going to be guys like me who complain about the other guys.

Luckily, this is a smaller community, so the problems are easier to spot....but over at RS, it's up to the members to point out clowns like Redhawk....so the mods can keep an eye on them in case they ever decide to become more of a problem than just posting an annoying topic or two.
Got Clones?

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 14, 2004, 10:34 PM »

you also say that the staff has to "clean up" after whatever these people are doing - why?

I didn't say they had to? Boy, you guys are on a roll. JediMAC was literally forced to take the blame for Vator. That's what I was implying, not that my implications ever come across as they do to everyone else.

You know, whatever guys. Redhawk isn't with JD, and Vator made a bad decision.

It's just a little suspicious, given the recent flurry of activity that points right back here, and the anti-RS sentiment that gets it's own thread every week here.

Apology accepted.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #924 on: December 14, 2004, 10:36 PM »
Can I flip the script (as the kids say) for a second?

If a Rebelscum (current or banned) member does or says something on this site that isn't appropriate....is Rebelscum somehow responsible for that person too?
Got Clones?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 14, 2004, 10:43 PM »
It's just a little suspicious, given the recent flurry of activity that points right back here

Yeah - but it's not like this is some type of secret meeting ground where disgruntled RS members get together to wage war on Wuher's.  That would just be silly.  This is as public a forum as Rebelscum is. 

Trolls are trolls - odds are they're on their own.  If they're organized somehow, I'm impressed - but unless they're doing it through PM, it's got very little to do with Jedi Defender - aside from the fact that some people here probably share the sentiment. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 11:03 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 14, 2004, 10:45 PM »
Don't force the staff to clean up after you for something so trivial as the moderation on a board, especially on a Sunday night, when most people are getting ready for work the next day.

yeah, i don't know why i would think you said that about cleaning things up.

If they're organized somehow, I'm impressed.

i'd be impressed, too.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 14, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Well given the fact that three of them appeared in a one week period, something has to be going on. But that is their own deal, nothing really affiliated with JD
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 14, 2004, 10:54 PM »
Well the last 'organised' thing that I've seen happened over the summer. Whether something is going on now or not is unknown.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 14, 2004, 11:18 PM »
Remember when we all got along and collected Jango Fett memorabilia?  Man, those were the days.

Oh, wait.  We never all got along.  And only one of us ever really collected Jango Fett memorabilia.

Still.  Good times, eh?

« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 11:20 PM by Stim »