Author Topic: Upcoming SW Live-Action TV Show Discussion!  (Read 65939 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming SW Live-Action TV Show Discussion!
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2009, 01:02 PM »
I really don't see the problem with Ahsoka.  Why would she be in the movies or even mentioned?  She's around for the Clone Wars, which takes place after EII and prior to EIII.  I presume by the third movie that she's either been reassigned or promoted or killed off, but I can't think of a scene in the movie where Anakin really needs to mention her or where she "should" have come up.  You don't see Anakin talking a lot about anyone in the movies other than his mom, Padme, and Obi-Wan and yet he had childhood friends on Tatooine, training and missions with other jedi, etc. 

As for the show, I'm still hoping on a storyline that centers around Fett learning his trade and/or the continuation of the Jedi purge.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2009, 01:00 AM »
but it does sort of bother me that there is no reference to her in any of the movies in any other way.  Of course it is because they didn't think of/conceive her character until after the movies, but its just an example of something Lucas sometimes does where he shoehorns something in and it doesn't necessarily have to make sense. 

Im sure that she will eventually be referenced when Lucas gets around to recut the film on its 2nd or 3rd time. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2009, 12:41 PM »
I really don't see the problem with Ahsoka.  Why would she be in the movies or even mentioned?  She's around for the Clone Wars, which takes place after EII and prior to EIII.  I presume by the third movie that she's either been reassigned or promoted or killed off, but I can't think of a scene in the movie where Anakin really needs to mention her or where she "should" have come up.  You don't see Anakin talking a lot about anyone in the movies other than his mom, Padme, and Obi-Wan and yet he had childhood friends on Tatooine, training and missions with other jedi, etc. 

As for the show, I'm still hoping on a storyline that centers around Fett learning his trade and/or the continuation of the Jedi purge.
I don't have a rpoblem with her not being the movies...but I have a problem with the way the previous Clone Wars Cartoons were sort of just all thrown out the window. 

I like the Animated series, a lot.  It has been a lot of fun, I just think adding her was totally unecessary and they could have had the focus of the series on Obi-Wan and Anakin instead of inventing a totally new character that doesn't fit anywhere in the established canon

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2009, 08:04 PM »

I don't have a rpoblem with her not being the movies...but I have a problem with the way the previous Clone Wars Cartoons were sort of just all thrown out the window. 

I like the Animated series, a lot.  It has been a lot of fun, I just think adding her was totally unecessary and they could have had the focus of the series on Obi-Wan and Anakin instead of inventing a totally new character that doesn't fit anywhere in the established canon

well technically speaking only season 2 of the original clone wars was scrapped, considering season 1 ended with ani being knighted and in the new series he is a knight lol.

sorry i know i never post on this site anymore lol
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2009, 12:18 PM »
without overwriting what we saw/learned in the movies.
Such as giving someone a Padawan that they have tons and tons of adventures with.  A Padawan that isn't mentioned in Episode III and doesn't show up in the previous Clone Wars cannon...that sort of overwriting?

On this same topic - although maybe I should have posted this in the CW discussion thread - I was just listening to a TFN podcast where they are talking with Henry Gilroy and Steven Melching (writers on CW), and they mention that they originally pitched Ahsoka (or a female padawan) as Obi-Wan's new padawan learner for the series, but George changed it to Anakin.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2009, 03:17 PM »
That's interesting... I wonder why?  Maybe because he really wants to play up Anakin's inability to let go of friends/family/attachment?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 9, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Okay, so nothing has been mentioned, rumored or even discussed since last Spring.  Anyone else have the feeling that this is never going to take off?  Personally, Id rather have them go in the direction of the Clone Wars show except with an OT theme covering the stories between 3-4, 4-5 and 5-6,

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 9, 2009, 11:45 PM »
I thought the last update said 2011...that's still pretty far away.   :(  I think it will happen eventually.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2009, 12:42 AM »
I believe Lucas mentioned something in just his last interview on it.  Forget where I read that but it's supposedly the project he's focused on right now I think.  I'm not concerned, I think it'll happen.  CW is doing well and I think that bodes well for a live-action TV show getting picked up by someone at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2009, 12:21 PM »
I think it will still happen as well, although it has definitely been slow going.  That being said, I sure wouldn't mind seeing something OT-era either - whether that be live action or an animated series (or both).  I know I wouldn't mind seeing an animated series following the likes of Han, Luke, Leia and the Rebels, or episodes focusing strictly on the Imperials/others/etc. (similar to the CW set up).  Plus, it would give us a chance to get more OT vehicles/beasts/mini rigs/etc. in the regular line again :).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2009, 10:41 PM »
I'm definitely not game for an animated series about the core OTC characters.  There's tons of EU adventures for them between the novels and comics - almost to the point of not being able to fit well within the available amount of time between events.  I'd much rather see some bit characters get more focus (like in the clone wars) or even eras that haven't made it to motion picture yet like KOTOR or Legacy.  A darker Legacy cartoon with Cade and the Sith would be pretty cool.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2009, 11:04 PM »
I'd dig an OT animated thing that focused on Rogue Squadron and the Rebel fight against the Empire...  That I could get behind, but it leaves the heroing to characters like Wedge and company.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2009, 11:30 PM »
I think the success of the Clone Wars show has somewhat hindered the development of the live action series. They don't want to saturate the market with new entertainment, and the animated show has shown some legs which should carry it at least into next year.

That said, I hope they are still working on getting the live action stuff off the ground because done right, that could be a HUGE hit.

Hell, put JJ Abrams on it, slap it on ABC on a Wednesday night and you've got GOLD.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2009, 11:29 AM »
I think they are just slow in general with this stuff.  It will get made but I don't know if it will even be in 2011.  Maybe but 2015? 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Live Action Star Wars Series for real now
« Reply #89 on: August 6, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Hmmm, figured there would be a bump for the front page news?

IMO, this is just a weak cop-out. If the frigging Sci-Fi channel can finance a high quality show like BSG, there is no reason whatsoever that Star Wars couldn't be green lit.

I know NBC had a hand in the BSG production as well, but still, Lucas is a freaking BILLIONAIRE. There has to be a way to make it work. If done right, the show could be an epic blockbuster.

I think they're risking losing out on a big opportunity here. It's vital to the long-term success of the franchise to keep building new generations of fans. They have a good lock on the older market and the kiddies with the movies and animated show, but they're not reaching out to the teen/young adult market. The live action show could be the perfect vehicle for that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy