Author Topic: Upcoming SW Live-Action TV Show Discussion!  (Read 66078 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: TV Show not centered around Skywalker family
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Hah...

Well, if he's it and the whole thing is CGI around him, look out...  Fett takes out every Gungang and podracer in the galaxy while hanging out with Watto and badly animated Hutts.  Yech...
LOL.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 06:41 PM »
face it we're all gunna watch it whether its horrible or not  :P

I'm actually looking forward to seeing daniel go back to his role as boba. I would like to see if he's improved not to mention its just kinda cool to have the same person play the same character few years later

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 09:17 AM »
I heard the kid who did Boba in AOTC will be on the show, so it'll most likely be a Fett show! ;D

Or he'll play a clone of Boba, Booba, who is dispatched to kill Boba.

More than likely he'll play Booba, the guy that hires a chick to use a droid to disperse bugs to kill Boba.  Fiercest bounty hunter indeed.  :)

John

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 06:50 PM »
uhh...that was jango fett buddy....and jango didn't "hire" anybody. Him and Zam wessel were teamed together :P

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Live Action Show Based Around OT?
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 01:43 AM »
Hopefully Lucas will realize what you've said. I'd be surprised though, as he seems to only have yes-men in his organization.

I'm glad it will be a planned out series though, not open ended.  100 episodes devoted to this time span.  That mean planning, and good flow.  Not the typical mash that tends to happen after a few seasons of a show.  Where the writers are surprised to learn they have another season and thus must quickly concoct new scenarios.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Live Action Show Based Around OT?
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 11:16 AM »
From an interview on MTV.com:

"In 2007, Lucas will begin work on a live-action "Star Wars" show set during the 18-year gap between Episodes III and IV. "We haven't started yet; I start that next year," the filmmaker said, adding that he's determined to write an entire first season before shooting begins on the show that will star "background" characters from that time period.

"None of the Skywalker story, none of that stuff is in there," he explained, shooting down any depiction of a young Han Solo acquiring the Millennium Falcon or running with Lando Calrissian. "It's completely different. The animated series has got all the characters in it. The one that comes after, the live-action one, is with people who were in 'Star Wars,' but they're not the main characters."

Lucas said the plot will be steered by characters such as Tie-Fighter or Rebel pilots, most only briefly glimpsed in the six "Star Wars" films."

Doesn't sound like a compelling way to bridge the gap of EPIII and EPIV...  But maybe that's just me.  I would prefer to have stories about the building of the Empire, start-up of the Rebellion, stories of young Luke and Leia, follow-up on Obi-Wan and Yoda.  Maybe I should reserve judgement until we get more details of this, but right now, I'm pretty disappointed.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2008 Live-Action TV Show Discussion!
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Wow....deja vu.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 06:16 AM »
BREAKING NEWS!

TV Series info has popped up on MTV.com:

"In 2007, Lucas will begin work on a live-action "Star Wars" show set during the 18-year gap between Episodes III and IV. "We haven't started yet; I start that next year," the filmmaker said, adding that he's determined to write an entire first season before shooting begins on the show that will star "background" characters from that time period.

"None of the Skywalker story, none of that stuff is in there," he explained, shooting down any depiction of a young Han Solo acquiring the Millennium Falcon or running with Lando Calrissian. "It's completely different. The animated series has got all the characters in it. The one that comes after, the live-action one, is with people who were in 'Star Wars,' but they're not the main characters."

Lucas said the plot will be steered by characters such as Tie-Fighter or Rebel pilots, most only briefly glimpsed in the six "Star Wars" films."

No one has posted this yet right?

"This is the way."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 09:19 AM »
Wow....deja vu.

Sorry, I didn't realize I posted it twice.  Removed the redundant post.  Oops.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 10:32 AM »
It may be cool, maybe Greedo will get a role. :P
Fett did have a quick role in SE ANH, as well as ESB & ROTJ. Of course he had a bigger role in those.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 01:00 PM »
The recent revelation from Lucasfilm that they will not make any more movies beyond Indy IV and one other, devoting their time to the TV and Anime Media, makes me think that the TV show should be pretty good (vice GL writing the dialog).   
I wonder if we'll see more of the weeding out of the Jedi after ROTS and the growth of the Empire/dimishing of freedoms throughout the galaxy.    Bounty Hunters tracking/killing Jedi seems like it would be cool!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2006, 02:02 AM »
Anime!? :-X
I HATE anime with all my heart, it's boring.

Or did I understand you wrong?

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 3, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Well.... Anthony Daniels is confirmed.........  Maybe it'll be about all those adventures 3P0 talks about in ANH that must've happened post ROTS since he did have his memory wiped......

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 8, 2006, 03:26 PM »
The "Droids" cartoon series covered that even though it lasted 1 season. :P
George has a thing for including the droids in EVERY thing he does, which is the way I like it. The droids don't get much respect in EU. :-\

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32 PM »
This whole "100" episodes thing scares me.  I'd rather they do smaller 13-15 episode seasons and keep them tight and excellent.  Look at a show like The Shield, The Sopranos or the first two Galactica seasons. 13 episodes is enough time to tell any large story.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com