Author Topic: Upcoming SW Live-Action TV Show Discussion!  (Read 65950 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Live-Action TV Show Discussion!
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Live action vinty Droids characters? Oh my, I sure hope they don't ruin the characters making them something they are not.  :-\

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Live Action Star Wars Series for real now
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 09:06 AM »
GL makes annoucement

We already knew this, being loyal Star Wars fans, but GL talked to the LA Times yesterday and talked about the live action series.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Live Action Star Wars Series for real now
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 09:15 AM »
seriously....that neck wattle is getting out of hand.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2007, 09:21 AM »
He must be too busy with all the other projects he's got going on to workout.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2007, 06:56 PM »
seriously....that neck wattle is getting out of hand.

No doubt.  That thing seriously blows my mind every time I see it.  With all his millions of dollars, Lucas should just bite the bullet, and have that atrocity surgically removed.

He must be too busy with all the other projects he's got going on to workout.

I don't think it really even has anything to do with that though, which is what's really bizarre about it.  The rest of him seems to be in relatively fine shape.  He may be 15 - 20  pounds or so overweight, but not much more than that.  His waddle, however, would seem to indicate that he weighs upwards of 500+ pounds, which is obviously not the case.  That thing is just a freakish biological defect or something, with a life of it's own.

Scary.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 06:58 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2007, 08:05 PM »
LOL!  Maybe it a CGI effect he uses?

Anyway, all day long from my co-workers I heard "Brian, did you see Lucas is going to make a STAR WARS TV SERIES!!!???"  I was like "Yeah" with that I have known for a year now tone of voice.  Plus, I know that I have told a few of them this allready.  But of course they forget.  Anyway, the first few people that told me looked kind of upset that I allready knew about it.  So, for the later people I acted more excited and said "Yes!  I can't wait!"  Which is true of course but it was just funny to see them kind of ticked off that I knew about it.  Ha-ha-ha.  Dork that I am.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2007, 10:38 PM »
2 TV shows.  :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2007, 11:52 PM »
n/m
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:18 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2007, 03:18 AM »
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Rick_McCallum_Talks_Star_Wars_On_TV_109774.asp

He will have a contract for 100 episodes and Rick hopes it will be extend to 400, maybe with Expanded Universe characters after the first 100.

ROFL ... dream on Rick. A normal TV season is about 22 eps, so 400 episodes would be 18 years which is almost as long as Star Trek TNG, DS9 and Voyager combined. ::)

Frankly I'll be surprised if the show makes it to 50 eps, considering it will probably suck balls, Lucasfilm's money and clout will sustain it far beyond its natural lifespan, and it will be cancelled halfway thru the second season.

I just don't have much faith that they will be able to translate "the Star Wars experience" (for lack of a better term) to the running time/structural constraints of the TV format and to the comparatively tiny budgets that come with it. All the live-action footage will be shot on the backlot or in the Vancouver woods a la SG-1, the CG animation will look like something cranked out by trained monkeys on a Commodore 64, and without the location shooting and "wow" SFX to distract from and buoy the crappy writing (especially if George has too direct of a hand in it) the whole enterprise will crash and burn faster than the recent Trek abortion of the same time.

...Not that I'm pessimistic or anything. :-*
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:22 AM by Nathan »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2007, 07:03 AM »
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Rick_McCallum_Talks_Star_Wars_On_TV_109774.asp

He will have a contract for 100 episodes and Rick hopes it will be extend to 400, maybe with Expanded Universe characters after the first 100.

ROFL ... dream on Rick. A normal TV season is about 22 eps, so 400 episodes would be 18 years which is almost as long as Star Trek TNG, DS9 and Voyager combined. ::)

Frankly I'll be surprised if the show makes it to 50 eps, considering it will probably suck balls, Lucasfilm's money and clout will sustain it far beyond its natural lifespan, and it will be cancelled halfway thru the second season.

I just don't have much faith that they will be able to translate "the Star Wars experience" (for lack of a better term) to the running time/structural constraints of the TV format and to the comparatively tiny budgets that come with it. All the live-action footage will be shot on the backlot or in the Vancouver woods a la SG-1, the CG animation will look like something cranked out by trained monkeys on a Commodore 64, and without the location shooting and "wow" SFX to distract from and buoy the crappy writing (especially if George has too direct of a hand in it) the whole enterprise will crash and burn faster than the recent Trek abortion of the same time.

I find your lack of faith disturbing... ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2007, 07:28 AM »
I'm open to being convinced otherwise, but to do so you're going to have to do better than dropping overused Holy Trilogy quotes and give me some good reasons to discount all those drawbacks I named.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 07:29 AM by Nathan »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: November 4, 2007, 01:32 AM »

I find your lack of faith disturbing... ::)

Keep in mind Stargate SG-1 was the longest running Sci-Fi show in history with a record 10 full seasons, and 214 episodes. 400? Dream on Rick, that is an absolutely ridiculous goal even for a franchise as strong as Star Wars. Get 100 first, then we'll talk.  ::)
"This is the way."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 4, 2007, 09:39 AM »
I'm open to being convinced otherwise, but to do so you're going to have to do better than dropping overused Holy Trilogy quotes and give me some good reasons to discount all those drawbacks I named.

well we hardly know anything about this show so isnt it a little to early to start doubting it? who knows maybe they will screw it up OR maybe they will be able to pull it off and make a great tv show. we just dont know.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: November 4, 2007, 02:55 PM »

well we hardly know anything about this show so isnt it a little to early to start doubting it? who knows maybe they will screw it up OR maybe they will be able to pull it off and make a great tv show. we just dont know.

True we know almost nothing about it. But the odds are heavily stacked against the show going 400 episodes, even 200 is a stretch. Soley based off the fact that it is Star Wars I'd say 100 episodes isn't out of the realm of possiblity. If the writing isn't good though it won't go much beyond that.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #59 on: November 4, 2007, 05:31 PM »
You know, I think I'd rather see about 5-10 well made for TV movies than an on-going series.
This is the way.

I have spoken.