Author Topic: Upcoming SW Live-Action TV Show Discussion!  (Read 66128 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Upcoming SW Live-Action TV Show Discussion!
« Reply #135 on: August 6, 2013, 08:44 PM »
Ya never know, but I sort of think the same thing.  I question if a Marvel TV show will work and I think if it doesn't Star Wars won't be as high a priority.  Nerds are cool and all, but I'm not sure they can carry these major TV projects.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 9, 2015, 12:00 PM »
With all the SW Anthology movie talk going on, and seeing that Disney is putting Marvel stuff on Netflix (Daredevil) and TV (Agents of SHIELD) - has there been any more talk or speculation about a Star Wars live action serial?

I know its been discussed here in the past, but man would I love to see some story lines developed this way.  I think it would be super cool to do mini-series via Netflix.  Maybe 10-16 show story arcs.  Rogue Squadron.  Bounty hunters.  Smugglers.

They must have talked about it at Disney with what they're doing with Marvel.  I hope its just a matter of time until we get the same treatment with Star Wars.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2015, 08:44 AM »
With all the SW Anthology movie talk going on, and seeing that Disney is putting Marvel stuff on Netflix (Daredevil) and TV (Agents of SHIELD) - has there been any more talk or speculation about a Star Wars live action serial?

I know its been discussed here in the past, but man would I love to see some story lines developed this way.  I think it would be super cool to do mini-series via Netflix. 

Funny that you should mention that, Dave.  Because rumors are circulating that Disney/LFL may be pursuing just such a deal with Netflix.  And there may be as many as three different series developed for TV.  I'd definitely be interested to see where this goes.

So far Daredevil has been pretty successful for Netflix/Marvel.  Jessica Jones is set to debut later this year, and the Luke Cage series comes out in 2016.  I hear there may be some issues with the Iron Fist show, but that's it's own thing.  It's interesting to see Disney potentially moving forward so decisively here with possible Star Wars TV series for a streaming service like Netflix.

As for what sort of content to take on?  The whole Star Wars Underworld concept is totally worth exploring.  I'd also be up for seeing some PT era Jedi stories, where they truly were peace keepers.  And a show that focuses on some small faction of the Rebellion during the OT era might be pretty cool, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2015, 05:49 PM »
I'll have to type me up a Star Wars spec script...

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Read the article on the link posted by Nicklab.  Interesting to see they might be trying to re-use sets from the movies.

It would be cool to get little mini-series of background stories or further adventures around some of the key characters - e.g Flynn, Rey, Poe, Kylo Ren, etc.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2015, 01:16 PM »
There's already been some rumors that sets from The Force Awakens are being repurposed for Rogue One.  It looks like they're trying to get some bang for their bucks in the new regime. 

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 1, 2016, 06:04 PM »
I don't have the link handy but that April Fools day SW live action streaming Netflix trailer is off the chain. Quinlan Vos versus Maul...dead female Mandalorians...I would SOwatch that if it was real. The spoof was really well done IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 1, 2016, 07:06 PM »
Not badly done, but such a blatant prank on fanboys. 

http://youtu.be/N9j9pGi-l4c

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 4, 2016, 03:19 PM »
Check out THIS NEWS FROM ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

ABC has set its targeting computer on Star Wars.

Entertainment president Channing Dungey was asked at the Television Critics Association's semi-annual press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday whether she wants a prime-time series based on the franchise that's owned by parent company Disney. Not only is she interested in such an idea, but she revealed there are ongoing talks to make it a reality.

"Ohh, as a fan, I would absolutely love to say 'Yes,'" she said. "The conversations with Lucas, we have had conversations with them and will continue to have conversations with them. I think it would be wonderful if we could find a way to extend that brand into our programming."

After the panel, she confirmed again that talks are ongoing.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 4, 2016, 07:16 PM »
Mixed feelings. I like Agents of Shield, but it is a weak step sister to the MCU films. I doubt that they could turn a profit and make it of quality worthy of the name.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #145 on: August 4, 2016, 07:50 PM »
I'd rather see it on Netflix.  The Marvel Netflix series are awesome!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 4, 2016, 08:10 PM »
The budget does seem to be a very significant concern.  Back when Rick McCallum was working on developing the first attempt at a Star Wars tv series he said just as much.  It was going to be very expensive to make this show.  A show like Game of Thrones has some very significant budget challenges, and up through the most recent season they were only producing 10 episodes a year.

It's funny though, because Forest Whitaker's character in ROGUE ONE, Saw Gerrera, was supposed to be a central figure in the live action series.  And now we're here talking live action series.  Again.

Feedback