Author Topic: Any TSC Pegwarmers?  (Read 59731 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Any TSC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2006, 10:43 AM »

Basics
Hem Dazon
Moff Jerjerrod
R5
Vaders
Hammerhead

On a side note Scorches and Cody's are becoming very abundant

r5 only seen one few weeks ago, bought it.
moff seen 0, hate it, but as an obsessive completist need to buy @ least 1  :P
hammerhead only seen one two months ago, bought it

seen 0 scorchs or codys @ stores acquired them by ebay and trade

remember the derlin pandemic? its gone in ca  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2006, 10:46 AM »
I haven't seen a TSC trooper yet. :( The scalper sucks here in Jax! Yes it's one scalper who scalps everything! I hate her, so much! *eye twitches*
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2006, 08:06 PM »
I haven't seen a TSC trooper yet. :( The scalper sucks here in Jax! Yes it's one scalper who scalps everything! I hate her, so much! *eye twitches*

Is that the mullet lady that Ive read about?
I remember my dream now.

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2006, 09:51 AM »
At the TRU closest to me, there's tons of Moff Jerjerrods, Chief Chirpas, Endor C-3POs, and Big Hood Emperors falling off the pegs. They also have about 8 ROTS Mas Ameddas that are still full price and haven't moved in months.

I also notice stacks of the new At-At, Gunships and Dagobah X-Wings, I'm really hoping they clearance those vehicles so I can pick them up on the cheap (I missed out on the "buy 2, get the 3rd free" sale a few weeks ago because I was moving :( )

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2006, 09:26 PM »
i worry about the gbs so much because the other day i found two 501st 's and an AT-TE gunner. i bought them all but then realized...arent clones (esp 501st's) supposed to be RARE??!! what kind of weird parralel universe are we living in??!! i mean, i remember getting migraines trying to find those two in the ROTS line. doesnt make sense 2 me...*sigh*...  :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2006, 09:53 PM »
My local Targets are clogged with AT-TE gunners, 501st and shocktroopers.  Both the #6 clone and the AT-TE molds suck and I am one of those that refuses to pay $7 for a figure I paid less than $5 a little over a year ago, that is plain ****** up.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2006, 06:39 PM »
The Good WM:
Endor Wave Pt. 1- All figures are warming! Icluding the Gunner. :o
H&V/GB-Chewies, Maces, Destroyers, Padmes, R2s, Shocks,etc... The only ones not here are Dooku, Commander, AT-TE,Grievous,501st, & some of the first H&V
Vaders- Take your pick! Hoth,H&V & Bespin are all here
Grievous & Anakin- I'm surprised because, I never saw these 2 here in Jax, saw Ani in Pitts though
Mundi, Lushros- Still sitting
Garindan & R5- Only 1 of these guys, I'm coming back tommorow to pick them up along with some Gunners & maybe the ROTS tin set. Speaking of Tin sets....
Tin Sets- There were on the top shelf, there were only 2 both were ROTS
Mace Starfighter- First time I saw a ship in this WM since ROTS, no signs of Vader's Tie
Blasters- Clone's blasters, Grievous' & the new Stormie were shelf warming
Titaniums- Fetts, Vaders, Sandies & Bossks, the AT-AT & some Galactica stuff
& the most surprising of all........
ROTS 4-Arm Grievous- Someone must of found him in the back room or someone hid him thinking he was gonna be rare. He was in the original ROTS card.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2006, 11:39 AM »
around here there are some surprises:

r2-D2 (Hoth)
Power Droid
Boushh Leia
Boushh's Prisoner Chewie
C-3PO in Ewok Throne
and Death Star Gunner!

but those last two pegwarmers are a good thing for army builders, dioramas, scene-creation, rare (for now) carded multiples, etc.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2006, 01:05 PM »
When you're caught up, it seems that everything is peg warming. :P I keep going out to find the final 22 and keep seeing everything else.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2006, 01:59 PM »
WM again:
GBs- The onlyones still hanging after Black friday are the Shock, Palps, R2, Vader & Chewie
Boussh Chewie- He's finally warming at WM!
Endor Wave-Palps, Jerjerrod & 3PO are the only ones left
Grievous & Anakin-Still sitting
R5-D4-There's about 20 on the side pegs on different toy aisles, none on the main SW section
Lushros & Ki- These 2 will sit here until mid-may.
Cody,Boba & U-Clone- I found them so they must be warming! Of course I picked up the last ones  ;)
ESB Tin Set- No other Tin sets, they moved them down now
SW Transformers-I've never seen so many at this store! Chewie/Hans were gone but the top shelves & displays were filled.
Luke/Vader Unleashed-Not in the SW aisle but were warming badly

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2006, 02:10 AM »
The results are in, and besides Emperor and Vader figures the real pegwarmer from the Naboo Wave is the Naboo schmuck...  This yellow suited freak is at any retailer I stop at anymore, from K-Mart to KB, from Target to TRU, and Wal-Marts in between...  I see him hangin' around and not selling well at all I'm afraid. 

I'd love a new sculpted naboo Soldier or Royal Guard, or Captain Panaka...  All potentially great army builders.  This Naboo Flight Dude just bit the dust though and I think he's gonna hurt the chances of the others getting looked at too seriously. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2006, 02:14 AM »
He's seriously the most head scratchy of figs Hasbro has done in a while.  He has dud written all over him - what the difference in obscurity is between him or ICMG for instance is beyond me - and that's reflected in how he's piling up everywhere.   

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2006, 07:54 AM »
oh, i can`t see r5, chewbacca, darth vader(hoth) and naboo soldier any more >:(
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2007, 03:56 AM »
So what's the deal with pegwarmers on this line now that this line's in its death throws?  What are you guys seeing?

Personally I see...  very little really.  Some specifics, but not in HUGE bulk...  generally.

-Boussh Leia...  There's literally dozens of her at one of my local WM's and at any other I usually see at least a handful of her.

-End-Boo Wave Remnants...  I see smatterings of Endor/Naboo figures.  Some Rebel Troopers here and there, some Gungans, the odd Naboo Soldier...  Overall though this wave seemed to sell really well, all around.  the Gungan was the stinker of it though.

-Vaders...  Lots 'o Vader left.

-Some EU Clones...  I'm not surprised at this as much as I was at first.  I think the issue was that people had their sights set on Appo and 41st Clones, and the other paintjobs have gone by the wayside to many.  They sell steadily, but not FLY off the pegs and usually the stinkers are the 422nd and 5th Security figures...  They're much more common than the others, while Appo & 41st are 99% gone from anywhere you go.

-Odds and Ends (mostly repacked stuff from early '06)...  I see Riekean chilling, Hoth R2, Derlin...  These oddballs are never in great numbers, they're usually just one or two hanging out at the store.

-Wal-Mart Wave...  While the whole wave isn't shipping, I have noticed that Ktik is wildly unpopular, as well as Labria.  These two sucked the most though, so is it a surprise?  Not really...  The astromechs and Aurra Sing are now long gone from my area though.  This past week's toy runs gave me the impression the WM wave has finally ceased shipping to my area, and the walls of Ktik's and Labria's I see are proof my area got deluged with them.

-The "Final 22" sold well overall...  Could be last wave syndrome I guess, but I noticed overall that whatever shipped sold fast.  The Droids (BD's, astromechs, etc.) all seemed to do super well.  Clones right in the middle...  The rest straggled a little.  It was an interesting thing to watch and I gotta say Hasbro had lots out in my area to pick from and some stures this past week or two still were putting out some Saga Cases that had the 5th Fleet Clones and things in it as well as the last cases with Appo & 41st's so new stuff was still mixing with 30AC figures.

-$20 vehicles are bogging down...  White TIE's, orange JSF's, and even the Droid armor are beginning to stagnate around me.  Not Saga stuff but the point remains the same.  Same goes for the general release battlepacks...  Definite traffic jam forming there.

In general I think the Saga Collection still has some movement to go to clear out, especially at my local WM stores where the pegs are still dominated by Saga with just 30AC pegwarmers sneaking in for the most part.  WM in my area is the real load bearer for saga pegwarmers right now though while TRU and Target have moved on it seems to newer stuff...  mostly.  Target's still leaking Saga stuff, TRU seems to have entered no-figure limbo for the most part.

Very odd time right now, kind of waiting for a new figure deluge that isn't happening.  Just a case here, a case there... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2007, 10:42 AM »
Is that a symptom of summer Jesse?  I know up here we tend to slow down no matter what when the warmer temperatures arrive, at least with respect to toys. 

The Canadian side of things is fairly miserable with respect to TSC.  Endboo is clogging the pegs so badly it's frightful and there's no hope in sight.  The only anomalies compared to what you wrote is that all that you can find still from TSC up here is Endboo.  But that's largely owing to the last 22 not making it north of the border, save an odd shipment of the finally five to Walmart. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.