Author Topic: Any TSC Pegwarmers?  (Read 59728 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Any TSC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2006, 02:05 AM »
The Wal-Mart situation is the same out here Jesse. I used to rely on midnight runs but they only get about a case every two weeks so I end up empty handed almost every night. All of my finds lately have been at Target or TRU.

Getting back to the pegwarming situation, like everywhere else it is mainly Poggle but Yoda may rival him. Target is overflowing with Poggles and Yodas though the number has supprisingly gone down. There are a few scattered Brens and Bibs but I actually saw a kid buying a Bren today, and there are never more than 4 at any given store, even if that 4 has been there for a few months now. Target is loaded with Sun Fac too, which doesn't bother me because it is a great figure, even though I do only have 2 I'll pobably grab more of him.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2006, 02:10 AM »
For me it happened right when a damn 24hr. WM had just opened 3 mins from my gf's house.  I'm here late usually, then head home some nights late, and was really looking forward to scores on late-night toy runs on the way home...  That's out the window at the moment, as this WM hasn't had figures since February I'd say.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2006, 05:07 PM »
We DID have the Geonosis wave in abundance here, but then they started shipping that stupid Hoth/Geo Pegwarming death wave, and the Geonosis figures have dried up, except for a few Poggles and Yodas. Target and TRU are drowning in Hoth figs, with little hope of the Coruscant wave or anything past it ever getting in. Wal-Mart continues to have nothing, it's been that way since December.

Meanwhile, Mini Unleashed, Force Battlers, Choppers, and Transformers get new shipments constantly, and it's starting to overtake the 3-3/4" pegs. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Yep, all I've seen at Wally's in my area (Cypress, TX) are the damned Geonosians, Cliff from Cheers, Yoda repack, and Transformers and Customs choppers out the wazoo.  God I hate those things.
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 11:50 PM »
Well at the Targets in my area, the Hoth Vader is becoming a pegwarmer. And lo and behold, a Neimodian is looking to take the mantle away from Vader. Each Target had half a dozen Dofine's in my visits in the last two days. I guess thats a positive sign that the Coruscant wave has fully made it in my neck of the woods.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 04:05 AM »
Finally Wal-Mart got figures in here!  Holy ****.

Every store seems to have gotten the myserious 36 figure case in...  Lots of stuff already pegwarming.  Most WM's are now laden with Vaders, and out of anything any good.

Lots of Hoth Wave, Yoda's, Vaders...  the same every other store is stuck with.

I did get some Utie Clones though as a nice gift from my mom just because...  They were there, I was gonna skip them, but she picked them up instead.  Can't argue with spoiling moms.  :-[
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 04:18 AM »
Damn you guys are getting stuff in Pittsburgh and it has been about 3 weeks since my Wal-Mart has got a case of anything. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 02:04 AM »
Keep your eyes open.  They should be soon I'd think...  Every WM here seems to have gotten in this mysterious assortment of a larger case of figures.  So there's something to look forward to anyway at WM.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 02:17 AM »
Just last week, I saw FIVE cases of the second wave of Star Wars Transformers sitting on a pallet at WM. They were still sealed, so they didn't just reuse the box.

Why can't there be five cases of basic figures at one time? Maybe I'd actually find a ******* Scorch.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Still shipping the Hoth wave here, remarkably the only figure moving at all is Vader.  I don't get it. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Current warmers in my area:

Yoda
Jango
Chewie
Hoth Vader
Hoth R2
Rieekan
Derlin
AT-AT Driver
Sora
Poggle
Sun Fac

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2006, 10:20 PM »
Vader is the ultimate pegwarmer, almost as bad as the Neimoidian warrior! I can't even imagine when he's in new packaging. We'll be going to store aisles to see 40 of the same figure...no Bren Derlin...not Mon Mothma...not Bail Organa...but DARTH VADER!
Yo is what yo is.

SilverZ

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2006, 10:56 PM »
I think it's early to call put Vader in the pegwarmer category, but it certainly was a mistake to mix him so heavily after the Hoth wave. I've been spotting pegs full of Lushros, Poggle, and Vader. In two weeks, it will be Lushros and Poggle and the glut of Vaders will be gone.

Or at least until they reship him again. And again.  ::)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2006, 11:05 PM »
I think it's early to call put Vader in the pegwarmer category

No, it's never too early to call something a pegwarmer. This one TRU has about 30 on the pegs. another WM has about 5 on the pegs (they only have about 8 figs total). Another Target has about 10 on the pegs. It's a pegwarmer.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2006, 11:55 PM »
Still shipping the Hoth wave here, remarkably the only figure moving at all is Vader.  I don't get it. :-\

Still confused by this.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.