Author Topic: Any TSC Pegwarmers?  (Read 59733 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Any TSC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Update for the Chicago area:

Wal-Marts
: Vader & Geo wave bugs and Yodas.
VOTC moves in and out. Chewie 7' unleashed is the new asajj. they are loaded with him! But its still too early to tell but he is the loser........

TRU: Lots of fresh stock in! Old remnats have been moved out. They are in great shape! They even have updated Saga vehicle boxes, a 1-2 CW Gunships))

Target: Geo wave and Vaders, ROTS vehicle asst, Demise of the Overpriced Grevious. Senate packs are in and out. some have a few lingering but they will move. Especially when they are 10 on clearence I will buy more.....

3' unleashed are real pegwarmers everywhere....I am sorry I bought the first 8. One of the very few Star Wars purchases I regret.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2006, 01:01 AM »
Up in Canada so far, the big ones are Veers, Derlin (it's a little known fact that he ain't popular up here for some reason!) and of course, Rieekan. Bib Fortuna's been busy hitting on the few leftover ROTS Mon Mothmas as well, with the odd Boussh Leia kicking around, as well as even a Snowtrooper on one occasion...I went back like 3 times and he was still sitting there, awaiting deployment orders. I may have to go back and get him to put with th AT-AT driver i finally broke down and got. I've seen a sizable chunk of Baradas and Carkoon Hans playing sabaac at TRU as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Although I don't know if he would yet qualify as a pegwarmer, Hem Dazon does seem to be hanging out longer than some of the other Tatooine figures at our local stores.  TRU in particular - they recently got quite a bit of the Tatooine wave, and I counted up to 10 Hems on the pegs, while there was only 1 Garindan and no Hammerheads/Momaw Nadons.  And, to be honest, Han and Luke don't seem to be selling to bad either - although you can pretty much always find them if you look enough.

True pegwarmers around here are Lushros Dofine and Sun Fac.  I see several of those at each and every store we visit, and that's all our local WM has at the moment.  Well, aside from the VTSC, which they have a TON of.  I haven't looked through them lately, but I think there are Scouts there as well - and plenty of the rest.  I hope they do a clearance eventually ala Target, I wouldn't mind grabbing an extra Greedo and some more Scouts/Tuskens.  Overall, those - and to a lesser extent Gummi Mundi and Hoth Vader - seem to be the biggest pegwarmers around here lately from TSC line.  The Heroes and Villains stuff actually seems to be selling pretty decent, although they can be found as well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2006, 10:13 AM »
Lushros Dofine and Garindin seem to really clog the pegs lately. Those and half the H&V figures. Surprisingly, Moff whats-his-name from the Endor wave is the last one to go from Endor.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Lushros Dofine and Garindin seem to really clog the pegs lately. Those and half the H&V figures. Surprisingly, Moff whats-his-name from the Endor wave is the last one to go from Endor.

That's exactly what's hangin' around here. Lushros, Garindan, all of the H&V wave except for the clones, and all of Endor has been very hard to spot except for Jerjerrod.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2006, 01:31 AM »
My area in this order from worst to least worst pegwarmer

1. L. Dofine
2. Vader (Hoth mostly)
3. Gummi Mundi
4. Hem Dazon

There is also 2 WM's that have 2 full rows of Poggle still as well ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2006, 03:09 AM »
My area in no particular order...

-Vader...  Any incarnation can be found at one store or another it seems, I see them everywhere.  The Bespin one is abundant though, as is the Hoth one still.

-Lushros Dofine...  Definitely available in abundance at various stores.

-Tatooine Wave (Garindan, R5, Hem)...  these 3 seem to be semi-available or at some stores (TRU mostly) widely available, but they all 3 are pegwarming.

-Tatooine Wave Han...  This figure is easy enough to find too, especially at TRU, but I see him frequently elsewhere also.

-Momaw Nadon...  He's the most abundant of the Tat Wave and is easy to find at anywhere from Target to TRU to WM and more.  He sucked as an overall package and it shows I think.

-Derlin...  Still see him a lot at Target.

-Chewbacca...  ROTS Chewie from Greatest Hits is REALLY a leftover from those figures.  Very easy to find.

-Chewbacca Boussh's Bounty...  A recent pegwarmer, the one with the red holo is easy as pie to find, mostly at Target.  So are several of the other Carkoon figures but not at all stores.  Han and Boba seem to do slightly better.

-Gummi Mundi...  Still chilling at the pegs.

The surprises (to me) are...

-Luke Tatooine...  He is not impossible to find by any means but I see less and less of him.

-Epic Battles...  They either have hit and left or they're just coming in at a trickle because I've only seen scarce remnants of them so far.  No huge piles of these though.

Anyway the king of that list of pegwarmers though is by far and away Darth Vader, with Momaw, Lushros, and Gummi Mundi in the #2 spot in a tie I think.  Vader's are just attrocious on the pegs right now though and some stores have had the same several pegs of them for some months now.  It sucks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2006, 10:54 AM »
-Derlin...  Still see him a lot at Target.

Me too...and also, until yesterday, there was a single Derlin on the pegs of a local WM that had been there since the original Hoth cases came out...no other single TSC figure has hung around THAT long, at least for me.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2006, 11:05 AM »
One Target I rarely go to out in the boonies has had Bid Fortunas from day one.  That is pretty impressive and makes me wonder if that will continue until the end of this line. ???
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2006, 06:51 PM »
The latest updates from the middle of nowhere...

TARGET:  I actually did my own inventory today, and believe it or not, there is not a single Derlin, Bib, or Geonosian hanging around there anymore.  They have been replaced with the following stock:

-8 Lushros Dofines
-4 H&V Darth Vaders
-4 Bespin Confession Darth Vaders
-12 Garindans
-16(!) Hem Dazons
-3 Holographic Ki-Adi Mundis
-2 Greatest Battles Electronic R2-D2s
-1 Momaw Nadon
-1 R5-D4

The funny thing is that I gave each figure its own peg while I was in there today and boy did it look ridiculous.  Me doing that, I mean. :)

Wal-Mart is, at all three locations, still clogged with Poggles and Derlins and Sun Facs, although Vader is nipping at their heels, and the Endor wave seems to have hit WM en masse over the last week.  I counted at least 10 Threepios and Chirpas and Jerjerrods this morning (only 2 DSGs) at one WM that never stocks. 

TRU, as usual, is a mess and doesn't even have a space on the shelves for basic figures anymore.  Instead, they have been delegated to one of those wire endcap things that usually display the basic lightsabers and/or sunglasses. 

And can someone please tell me why Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU all three are refusing to send the Force Battlers to their well-deserved space in the clearance aisle?  Every time Target or WM does a reset, I thank the deity of the moment that I might never see a FB Obi-Wan in Gaudy Armor again, and then there they are with their own spot in the new plan-o-grams.  WTF?

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2006, 11:06 AM »
The funny thing is that I gave each figure its own peg while I was in there

I do that. :P
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2006, 06:43 PM »
I'm going tomorrow. Maybe WM is where I'm hitting they always have the good stuff, Target sucks! You guys must have bad WMs.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline KillerVole

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2006, 10:49 PM »
At my Target, we have had the same four Bren Derlins hanging around since February. I have tried putting them on the very bottom shelf in hopes that some kid would grab them, but it didn't seem to work. Two days ago, I went to Target, and much to my surprise there were only three Bren Derlins. Someone must have bought one!

Lushros is also a pegwarmer. My Target never got the Geonosis wave, so there are no Geonosians anywhere.

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2006, 12:40 PM »
I can always find Lushros Dofines anywhere I go (8+).  Most everything else seems to move fairly well.  How to make a peg warmer?  Put any Neimoidian on the shelf.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2006, 12:49 PM »
Same thing here - Lushros Dofine is pretty much at every store, and usually in good quantity.  He and Sun Fac have both been frequent pegwarmers throughout this year.  The Vaders are starting to pile up in places as well now, after disappearing for a bit.  The Tatooine wave seems to be selling pretty well, but the one that is always left behind (aside from Vader) is Hem Dazon.  Target and TRU both had 8-10 of this guy, and 1 (at most) of Hammerhead/Garindan/R5-D4.