Author Topic: Duel of the Sith - The Betrayal (Traditional)  (Read 9660 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Duel of the Sith - The Betrayal (Traditional)
« on: October 11, 2006, 10:45 PM »

On the outer rim world of Tatooine…

A raucous palace on the outskirts of the Jundland Wastelands, a celebration ensues for the greatest Pod Race in the galaxy.  The Boonta Eve Classic. 

The victory party is hosted by the notable crimelord, Gardulla the Hutt.  Gardulla sits on her lavish dias revelling in the excitement amongst her guests.

Her palace is filled with an eclectic group of guests.  Pod Racers, both champions and perennial losers, are surrounded by Gardulla’s guests and Inner Court.

Gardulla’s newest acquisition, a state of the art WA-7, bustles about tending to all her guest’s needs.

Years after his famous loss to the human pod racer, Anakin Skywalker, the dug Sebulba basks in the glow of his recent victory at the Boonta Eve race.  Accompanied by his twin slaves, Ann and Tan Gella, he is always the center of attention.

“Welcome my guests.  It is my distinct pleasure to introduce the Champion of the Boonta Eve Classic, Sebulba!” booms the deep voiced Hutt.  “Congratulations and thank you again for a very profitable day, hough, hauw, hough!”

Sebulba waves triumphantly to the crowd.  He has no love for the Hutts but he does love the attention.

Many of the Boonta Eve challengers pay little respect to their champion.  They are tired of his incessant celebrating but could not pass up the opportunity for the the fine Corellian spiced ale served in Gardulla’s Court.

“Gardulla the Hutt is pleased to welcome back to the stage, the Midithorians,” exclaims X-LOM, Gardulla’s personal Protocol droid.

Syltana , the Theelin lead singer, accompanied by her Ithorian bandmates, seranades Sebulba in her sultry tone.

As is typical in their concerts, the crowd is mesmerized by dulcet lyrics and sounds.

Shortly after the concert, Syltana greets her adoring fans while the Ithorians enjoy the fruits of the ongoing celebration.

A high pitch voice brings silence to the room, “Gardulla, I’m here to claim the bounty on this man!”

The site of the two bounty hunters catches the attention of a Tusken raider lurking in the shadows of the Palace.  “At last…” the solemn figure thinks to himself.

“Hough, hauw, hough, Aurra, my dear, how nice of you to join our party.”  Gardulla bellows with a wry smile.  “Thank you for bringing me this fellow Bounty Hunter.”  Addressing Jango Fett, Gardulla moans “I understand I have something you’ve been looking for, hough, hauw, hough.  Too bad my favorite bounty hunter found you first!”

Delinath Roq, Gardulla’s Head of Security, calls out to one of his guards, “Take the prisoner to the dungeon.”

Through the steel gate, the hulking Gammorean guard ushers Jango into the depths of the palace.

Silently, the Tusken turns and leaves, ignored by the surrounding guards.

Elsewhere on Tatooine…

“Commander Gorn, have you reached your destination?” says Darth Sidious through the holoprojector.  “Yes, my Lord.  As you predicted, there is a dark cave at these coordinates.  I will contact you again when I've learned more,” replies Gorn, eager to serve his Master.

With new found swagger, Gorn strides into the depths of the dark cave.

Gorn is mesmerized by the shimmering object levitating in the center of main cavern.  “What is this?” exclaims Gorn under his breath.

“It is my Holocron, you fool,” says Darth Plagueis as he appears seemingly from nowhere.

Gorn wips around, hearing the voice.  The helmed figure speaks again in a raspy voice, “You should not be here.  I knew the he would feel my presence.  He should have come to confront me himself.”

“What creature are you?” asks Gorn feeling the evil pervade his inner core.

“I am the true Lord of the Sith, and YOU will tell Lord Sidious that I have returned!” exclaims Darth Plagueis.

Sensing the opportunity to finally achieve favor in his Master’s eyes, Gorn acts quickly, rushing to attack.

In a swift attack, Sith lightning streaks from the fingers of the Dark Lord.  “You fool!  You are no match for the true Sith!” screams Plagueis.

“Aaaaargh!” screams Gorn as the electricity rifles through his body.  Unable to move, he looks up at the Lord of the Sith.

Removing his protective helmet, Plagueis speaks slowly, “Now, I will reveal myself to you.  I am Darth Plagueis the Wise.  Your Master, Darth Sidious is merely an Apprentice eager for his own power.  Soon I will be fully restored.” 

Plagueis asks an innocent question, “Can your ship fly with droids alone?”  Puzzled, but too weak to fight, Gorn answers with a faint “Yes.”

Fearing his eminent death, Gorn watches as Plagueis ignites his saber. 

With a single sweeping motion, Plagueis amputates the arms of the weakend Sith Knight.  Screaming in pain Gorn hears Plagueis speak slowly, “Go back to Coruscant.  Tell your Master that I wish to see him.”

Meanwhile, Darth Plaguies’ eager apprentice, Darth Punio, approaches the Palace of Gardulla the Hutt.  Skirting the outer wall, Punio thinks back of the time years ago, when he created a mysterious orb from the ancient Sith Holocron he found abandoned in the old cave. 

Although this is his first visit to Gardulla’s Palace, it was not supposed to be… His very first mission was to deliver the orb to Gardulla. However, as we was eager to resume his study of the Holocron, he took advantage using an old friend as a courier.

At the end of an evening of heavy celebration, Gardulla’s guests are unaware at first of the new visitor.

Punio approaches the mighty Hutt.  “Greetings, Exalted One.  I am Darth Punio, apprentice to Darth Plagueis the Wise.  I’ve come to reclaim the orb of power.”  A look of shock overcomes Gardulla’s face as she speaks “Hough, hauw, hough.  What sort of joke is this?  Lord Plagueis is dead.  I know nothing of the object of which you speak.”

Gardulla continues, “True it is that Plagueis and I have an ‘arrangement’ and he foretold of his return.  However, the object he said would be delivered, never arrived.”

Immediately, Darth Punio feels the sense of betrayal.  He stammers “But Hamma Gringol, he brought this object to you.”  A wry smile overcomes Gardulla’s enormous face.  “Hough, hough.  If you trusted him, then you have been played by that old fool.  He was banned from my Palace years ago for inappropriate behavior with one of my slaves.  I can assure you Hamma delivered no such object to me.”

Shrumpel Thichna, Gardulla’s Major Domo steps forward.  “As a courtesy to Lord Plagueis’ arrangement with Gardulla.  I will take you to the medical chamber and you can see for yourself.”

Punio’s mind is racing with possibilities as he already plots his next move.  He thinks to himself “He will pay for his betrayal.”

Silently, Lord Punio follows the giant figure deeper into Gardulla’s Palace.

An electrical hum contrasts the cold reaches of Gardulla’s medical facility.  Three droids attend to the bizarre medical chamber.

Pointing towards a large bacta tank, Shumpel speaks, “There, you can see what we’ve been maintaining in a dormant state for your master”.  Puzzled, Punio asks “What is it?”

3-1B4, the medical droid, turns to face the diminutive Sith Lord “This is a embryonic cloning sac.  It has been maintained in a stasis chambers for 60 years.”

Lord Punio approaches the chamber, “But what purpose does it serve?”  The cybernetic doctor replies, “This cloning chamber was specially designed to receive midi-chlorians as part of the life fusion process.  It only awaits activation.”

Slowly, the truth is revealed to Lord Punio.  The Orb of Power must have been a physical manifestation of the midi-chlorians. 

On the other side of Tatooine's Dune Sea, Jedi Knight Ty-Ri Docosto skims across the surface of the desert. Ordered by the Jedi Council to investigate the possibility of a Sith presence in the Outer Rim, the young Jedi has a premonition that a dark power is growing on Tatooine.

Ty-Ri lands his Starfighter and scans the horizon for his first destination.

Ty-Ri, thinking out loud, says, “Mos Eisley, seems as good as anywhere.”

Back in Gardulla’s Palace, Delinath speaks slowly “Have you seen enough?”  Reluctantly, Punio agrees “Yes, I still need answers, however, I can’t get them here.”

One of Gardulla’s guests, the Kubaz, Duronden seems to pay special attention to the Sith Lord.

Turning away from Gardulla’s court, Lord Punio already knows his next destination.  His Master will not be happy at his failure.  Certain punishment awaits him.  But first, Punio will have his revenge.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:12 AM by BrentS »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Duel of the Sith - The Betrayal (Traditional)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 10:47 PM »
Well, this photonovel sure was a long time coming, huh?  Anyway, I hope you enjoy watching the story unfold.  I want to thank everyone for their patience with me.  Also Mike and Justin for their thorough proof-reading.  Also I have to thank Lance for the kick-butt graphics on the title frame.

You may notice that there are two "Chapter 3"s.  I'm going back to fix the chapter numbering as Chapter 1 is really a prologue anyway.  Sorry for the confustion :)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 3, 2006, 04:40 PM »
WOW!  No one has replied to this fantastic story??  Perhaps people prefer the Comic-style version.  Thanx for ths traditional style, as I prefer to read the stories in this format.

Not much action, but probably my favorite chapter thus far.  Great storytelling, as I am looking forward to seeing Punio etract his revenge.  Also, outstanding diorama and setting of the Hutt Palace.  The pics were also a lot of fun to look at, trying t identify so many figs and customs.  You really have outdone yourself, BrentS.

I wish I could create the dioramas, artifacts, and general effects you show here. 

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next chapter, 4 or 3 or whatever you want to call it!   ;)
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Swede

• Youngling
  • Burt Reynolds flew X-Wings?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 3, 2006, 08:51 PM »
This PN is just top notch all of the way. 
I LOVE the story!  It's got that classic Star Wars feel, but it totally original.  The characters are just plain fantastic.  Your customs are wonderful; I can tell you put a lot of time into this ... something I can respect. 
That sinister little jawa makes me smile with delight every time I see him ... a truely brilliant character!
As usual, your sets are amazing.  That throne room would be a beautiful piece to be displayed in a den or office ... truely a geek's dream come true!
Straight aces all the way!

-Swede
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 5, 2006, 12:17 AM »
Thanks for the bumpity bump guys.

SA Longhorn - coming from a great story teller, your comments mean a lot!  You and Chewie both prefer the traditional style.  I plan on keeping them both active so future installments you can get both.  Also as far as the "lack" of feedback.  I've got this story posted in multiple formats at multiple sites.  So despite appearances, I've gotten a lot of good feedback!!

Swede - likewise, your comments really mean a lot.  I'm glad you like all the "creative" pieces that go into these stories.  They sure are fun to make!
« Last Edit: November 5, 2006, 12:18 AM by BrentS »

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #5 on: November 5, 2006, 01:18 PM »
i gotta say i love your PN, you and chewie are my favs. in my opinion a great PN needs to have a well-planned out story,Great Customs,and most of all: Effects.

but back to the review, much like many of the EU starwars fans i've been thursting for info on Darth Plagueis, and this PN has in my opinion probably better use of him than were gonna see in 'O8. your use of actual sets is great,i only wish i had the patience to devote to actual sets, but i'm a wannabe film director out to play Lucas. your command over lighting is just amazing,each frame has clearly been looked at from all angles and lit masterfully. you should really be a Director of Photography! most if not all of your shots look like they could be shown on the bigscreen. your customs are great, i've been a fan of your work in that area for sometime now. and back to Plagueis, i'm very happy you chose to maintain your vision of him rather than making him a Muun(stupid idea!). otherthan that keep it goin...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 01:40 AM by Darth Depressis »

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 1, 2006, 11:31 PM »
This is hard.i like the comic book style.it's eaiser too follow,but I like this style too. ??? :P I really can't make up my mind
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!