Author Topic: 30AC #20 Stormtrooper  (Read 35816 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New Stormtrooper?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 07:49 AM »
Wow actual Original Trilogy toys for the 2nd Anniversary of ROTS...

I have a "bad feeling about this".

I am predicting "Commtech" on the Stormtrooper.  Go with this years formula...a couple new, a couple repaints.  There would be 3 (4 if you count the Droid with the Jawa) new on that list...making the Luke the POTF2 version and the Stormtrooper Commtech or perhaps POTJ Sandtrooper.  And the rebel honor guard will probably be the POTF2 Rebel Beef Trooper.

And I am all FOR rebel pilots with different heads being in every wave.  As long as they get a decent SA body with an average height and build on it. (Dutch Vander is not that body).

Biggs in Academy gear and Ceremony Luke should be nice.  I just hope that all of them get superior articulation...But the odds are straight knees and slash cut elbows. Or as I call it..Hasbro's definition of superior articulation.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 09:31 AM »
I suppose we'll find out soon enough with pictures and everything. I'd certainly be nice to know for certain. Maybe I can stop converting Sandtroopers then...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 09:46 AM »
I tried converting a sandtrooper, but couldn't get it as clean as I wanted without hitting the eyeridge area- what are you using to apply your remover?

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 05:08 PM »
LIN droid -  :) with new Jawa ?  ;D

Stormtrooper - I predicting its Commtech, not VOTC - save it for Greatest hits

Death Star Trooper -  :) finally

Concept Chewbacca - YES, but no concept vader yet?

New X-Wing Pilot Biggs -  :)

Anchorhead Biggs - WHAT?

Hasbro producing 2 biggs, he was in the film for about ten minutes and Anchorhead scene not in the film. ugh

WHERE is the SA Wedge, both X-Wing and Snowspeeder versions? >:(

Hasbro does not love Wedge for some reason!!!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 07:09 PM »
Well, going by the list of waves two and three, and given Hasbro's penchant to the three "R"s these days, this is my honest opinion of what we will probably end up getting in terms of new vs. rehash, articulation, etc:

WAVE TWO:

REBEL SENTRY HONOR GUARD:  I assume these are the guys to either side of the door when Han and Luke enter the Throne Room at the end.  The body will probably be Captain Antilles from the waist down, with resculpted torso and arms (cut socket joints and wrist joints), a balljointed head, and a new helmet.  He'll also include a Rebel blaster that won't fit in the holster and a repaint of Sun Fac's staff.

HAN SOLO:  VOTC version with new upper torso and a medal

LUKE SKYWALKER:  New sculpt with horrible soft goods coat (ala Princess Leia collection in 1998, but better), but no knee or ankle articulation.  Will come with medal, lightsaber, and blaster.

DEATH STAR TROOPER:  Either the 2006 Death Star Gunner with a new head and helmet, or the 2002/2003 Imperial Officer with a new head and helmet.  If it is a totally all-new sculpt, I'd be shocked.

BIGGS DARKLIGHTER:  If there are really going to be two Biggs figures next year, this one will be the lesser of the two, and will probably be the Dutch body with a new head and removable helmet, or (if they're being nice) the VTSC Luke Pilot with a new head and removable helmet.

WAVE THREE:

CANTINA GUYS:  These will be all-new sculpts, unless there's some way they can recycle some of the post-OTC Cantina trio's bodies' parts for the new characters.  And knowing Hasbro, they probably can and will.

DARTH VADER:  It'll either be the 500th Vader (again) or the one that's coming out in the Commemorative Tin with the ANH chestplate and removable helmet.  In other words, a complete rehash.

BIGGS:  If this is the Anchorhead Biggs, I would imagine it's a totally new sculpt.

LUKE:  Probably the 2006 TSC Tatooine Luke rereleased with some new accessory that will be interesting enough to warrant people buying it (Moisture Vaporator, perhaps?  Hasbro did say at one point that one was coming in 2007...)

JAWA AND LIN DROID:  The Jawa will probably be the CommTech version (which, all kidding aside, is one of the only POTF2 figures that IMO works with the newer molds) and the LIN Droid (whatever that is; I'm assuming it's one of the Sandcrawler Droids we haven't gotten yet) is a new sculpt.

STORMTROOPER:  This had BETTER be the VOTC Stormtrooper, totally white with no battle damage.  There is no excuse for them to release a Sandtrooper with that body sculpt, an EU Trooper using that body, and then wind up rereleasing the CommTech version again.  Hasbro knows people want the VOTC Stormtrooper, and if they packed it at 2 per case in every assortment for the year it would STILL outsell a lot of the "new" figures.  If you're going to rehash something, rehash something good that people will buy, not Mace the Grape Ape or Twist and Shout Obi-Wan from the ROTS line.

I really hope I'm wrong with the amount of rehashing I'm dreading above, especially with the first wave of ROTS stuff being so cool looking and almost completely new molds being used.  But, if this year has taught me anything (and if the Vader with Coin Book being the 500th figure yet again is any indication), it's that Hasbro will rehash as much as they can as often as they can.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 11:27 AM »
My hopes:
Rebel Sentry Guard- New,SA
Han Solo- VOTC re-hash
Luke Skywalker- New,SA
Death Star Trooper- New,SA, Removable Helmet,Head Variations
Biggs Darklighter- VTSC Luke re-hash

Wave 3:
Miiyoom & Elis Helrot- New,SA,Knees
Darth Vader-Commerative Tin set re-hash w/ Evo Shaw head
Biggs-New,SA
Luke-VOTC re-pack
Jawa & Droid- Either New,Cloth Cloaked,SA or POTF 2 re-pack, Droid all-new
Stormtrooper- Either VOTC re-pack or VOTC re-paint w/ Battle damage
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 01:31 PM »
I tried converting a sandtrooper, but couldn't get it as clean as I wanted without hitting the eyeridge area- what are you using to apply your remover?

Just a Q-tip. Some nooks a crannies I can't get (mainly just above the belt and the grills in the for arms,) but I'm just too lazy to use other tools. The eye ridge area is tricky. What I do is use one side of the Q-tip tip to get all the heavy stuff off (the entire body,) and then use the other side to touch up. With the head, my first pass doesn't get as close to the black eyeridge. During the second pass, after the Q-tip gets some use, I use my finger on the fluff that's coming off to give the helmet a more detailed clean. Your fingernail is much more accurate. Always works.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 04:18 PM »
My hopes:
Rebel Sentry Guard- New,SA
Han Solo- VOTC re-hash
Luke Skywalker- New,SA
Death Star Trooper- New,SA, Removable Helmet,Head Variations
Biggs Darklighter- VTSC Luke re-hash

Wave 3:
Miiyoom & Elis Helrot- New,SA,Knees
Darth Vader-Commerative Tin set re-hash w/ Evo Shaw head
Biggs-New,SA
Luke-VOTC re-pack
Jawa & Droid- Either New,Cloth Cloaked,SA or POTF 2 re-pack, Droid all-new
Stormtrooper- Either VOTC re-pack or VOTC re-paint w/ Battle damage

I'm REALLY sory and I don't want to be ruining your hopes, but I doubt an SA Jawa is ever going to happen.

On a brighter note, head variations would be great on the hopefully SA Death Star Trooper...I wonder if there were any black or mustacheioed ones...thatd be cool.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 09:57 AM »
Didn't Hasbro at one time state the VOTC/VTSC figures would never be re-released in their original format?

Yes, they are re-releasing the Biker Scout, but he's not the same as he was in the VTSC line.

Maybe that's why we haven't seen the VOTC stormtrooper exactly as he was...we've seen him with a pauldron and as a 501st, but not just white...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:58 AM by ruiner »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I wonder then, what could Hasbro tweek to make the VOTC sculpt a normal trooper? Perhaps a removable helmet.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2006, 03:46 PM »
It's the VOTC one but it's gonna have a removable helmet with Jango a head.

(From Rebelscum)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 04:00 PM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 04:01 PM »
That's great news, and thanks for passing it along.  Hopefully the figure will be packed heavily in the cases, because you know it will be a tough find regardless.  They talked about this a bit on this week's Forcecast, with Dan Curto (from RS) commenting that next year's line will have something "new" done to any figure that is a repack (along the lines of the new head on Obi, removable helmet feature on this Stormie).  That's good news at least, if it holds out to be true.  A few more confirmations in that RS report posted by Rune as well, and I'm happy to hear that the Rebo band might be coming back eventually (2008).  I always wanted it, but waited on picking it up in case it might be coming back, good to hear that it might be.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2006, 04:02 PM »
I don't like the idea of more Jango heads for OT Troopers, but the idea of $6-7 VOTC Stormies allows me to overlook that little bump.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Yeah, I kind of agree Jeff, but I figure the helmets can stay on :).  Plus, VOTC Stormies in the basic line is definitely a good thing.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I don't like the idea of more Jango heads for OT Troopers, but the idea of $6-7 VOTC Stormies allows me to overlook that little bump.   :)

Let's just hope George does not add some scenes in the OT of stormtroopers taking off their helmets to reveal Jango heads.   But I don't doubt that he will do it.