Author Topic: Previews Exclusive Death Star Briefing 7-Pack  (Read 85717 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Imperial Officer 5 Pack
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2006, 10:47 PM »
Where's the conference table!?

I think Tarkin left it in his other pants :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2006, 10:49 PM »
Why do they all have DC-15s?

Why do they all have any guns at all? 

It's not like they used any in the movie, so who gives a **** if they're the "correct model number" or not?

Jeeeeezus.

I have to agreed with you here.  For ****'s sake, there is nit picking and then there is just bitching.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2006, 02:03 AM »

It's not like they used any in the movie, so who gives a **** if they're the "correct model number" or not?

Jeeeeezus.

I have to agreed with you here.  For ****'s sake, there is nit picking and then there is just bitching.

Seriously. ******* relax man, you'll just have to learn to live...day to day...

I'm so ******* excited by this...but how hard are Diamond exlcusives to get?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 02:04 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Diamond Comics Imperial Officers 7-Pack
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2006, 02:17 AM »
It shouldn't be a big deal if you order early.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2006, 09:47 AM »

Jeeeeezus.

Seriously. ******* relax man, you'll just have to learn to live...day to day...

I wasn't complaing or bitching, I was just wondering why they have the incorrect gun. I'm not going to dwell on this, after all, I'm not picking this set up, but I was just wondering. No big deal.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2006, 01:14 PM »
What do you mean "incorrect" gun.  Since none of these guys ever had a weapon in the films, they can come with golf clubs for all I care.

I think it's good that weapons are included.  These are toys, not display pieces.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2006, 04:13 PM »
Why no Piett? They re-release Motti, which is still a decent scuplt. I would have preferred however if Motti had both arms articulated.
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2006, 04:23 PM »
I wasn't complaing or bitching, I was just wondering why they have the incorrect gun. I'm not going to dwell on this, after all, I'm not picking this set up, but I was just wondering. No big deal.

Why can't people be happy that they'll be getting 4 guns AND a lightsaber for figures that don't need them?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 05:18 PM by Jeff »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I don't know?  Why not just find another trooper figure that might be able to hold the guns?  That would be my solution to the "problem".  Anyway, I think this is actually the biggest surprise to come out of Comic Con on Hasbro's end.  I will definately be getting this.  I just hope they make the conference room table as well. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2006, 05:15 PM »
I've said a million times before that I'm fine with them having the incorrect guns, I was just wondering why they had them. Jeezus, do I have to write it down?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 05:18 PM by Jeff »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2006, 05:56 PM »
Why no Piett?

"Death Star Briefing."

---

The more I think about this set, the more angry I am that these guys aren't coming with Wookiee bowcasters and Gaffi sticks.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 05:58 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2006, 09:50 PM »
Cool! Love this set! Great choices Hasbro! Instead of Tarkin (ROTS re-pack),Vader (ROTS re-pack),Stormtroopers (Commtech Re-packs), Thank god! ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2006, 01:26 AM »
Hey lay off on Hunter. He asked a legitimate question. Since there were no DC-15s in ANH, it is a little odd, that's all.  ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2006, 06:30 AM »
This was without a doubt the highlight of Hasbro's showing at Comic Con for me.  Despite the up-skirt shots that hinted that this might be a possibility, I thought there was not a shot in hell it'd actually come to fruition.  I figured it'd just be an IO Battle Pack, and that was it...  But no!

Despite the fact that the Tarkin is the same ****** one from ROTS (why?!), we're still getting FOUR new Imperial Officers in this scene, and that's absolutely mindboggling to me.  I always figured we'd eventually get Yularen, but that was about it.  So three more in addition to him was icing on the cake!  I'm sure we'll get a better Tarkin at some point too, so I'm not too worried about that, and I'm certainly not worried about the inclusion of their guns, inaccurate or not.

The face sculpts on the new IO's was absolutely spot-on down there in the display booth.  Granted, the hard copy one-off paint samples usually look significantly better than the finished product, at least these guys are definitely headed in the right direction...

I of course plugged the table/conference room diorama (playset) idea, but they shot it down as quickly as all the other "playset" talk.  But they agreed that they could potentially make the cardboard backdrop in the package look like the conference room, so hopefully they follow their own lead from the upcoming 10-pack Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes, and make it removable, and functional as a base and diorama to display this scene on.  But yeah, no articulated knees, as expected (much like most of the Cantina aliens), so chairs would be a moot point to all of us who are too untalented to customize them into seated positions....

But one helluve beautiful set though, no doubt.  Made my weekend down there, and bought Hasbro a (small) level of forgiveness for all the re-released rehashed crap that they're going to be chucking at us for the year to come...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2006, 10:21 AM »
While this set is cool, I'll pass. Hopefully Hasbro will repack Colonel Yaleran or Officer Cass in the 30AC basic line.