Author Topic: Previews Exclusive Death Star Briefing 7-Pack  (Read 85735 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Diamond Comics Imperial Officers 7-Pack
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2006, 11:18 AM »
I'm happy to get these guys, too--well, everybody except for the Tarkin--but how cool would it have been to get them as individual figures in the basic line, each with articulated knees and their own chairs for accessories?  Then the table could have been released as an exclusive of some kind, or as a mail-in, or in a deluxe set, and with a Vader pack-in, or what have you.

Now that would have been something.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Yeah, you definitely need the chairs and table.  But really, Owen or Chewie could probably make them for you pretty cheap.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2006, 11:52 AM »
But really, Owen or Chewie could probably make them for you pretty cheap.

Yeah, think I'll probably take a pass on that one.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Vader0519

• Youngling
  • *force choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2006, 10:48 PM »
Cannot wait to get this set!! Best idea shown by Hasbro at SDCC.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Is this going to be on their site anytime soon??? ???

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2006, 04:21 AM »
i hope i'll be able to get one set

that's some officers i've waiting for for a long time

"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2006, 04:26 AM »
The Imp Officer's pack is really one of my favorites too...  I have some unanswered hopes with the set, and I also have a single disappointment (well, two technically I guess) with the set.  Overall though I really do enjoy the set to get some of my most wanted Impy Officers ever...

My only gripes are:

-Tarkin...  If you're happy with that, you suck. ;)  (j/k)  But still, you're really not setting your expectations very high out of Hasbro.  The ROTS Sculpt is inaccurate in the uniform style first...  Completely not true to ANH's Tarkin.  Next the headsculpt is a likeness further off than the POTF2 headsculpt, so to that end I'd prefer seeing the POTF2 headsculpt repainted...  This figure just does NOT cut the mustard.  It's the only "heavily" flawed figure to me though...

-Yularren's Pants...  They should be black if we're picking nits here.  The ISB uniform isn't all white, that's a miscommunication on someone's part, and I'd really have liked it to have been accurate but it's not a huge deal really to me since I'm just happy to get this guy (I didn't expect him ever, honestly).

My hope for the set is that there's some hat accessories, I'd like that, but I really don't expect it.  The figure of Bast in particular needs his kepi hat since he's seen wearing it more than he's seen not wearing it.  

I could make a knee joint gripe but if you can't get Officers in the basic line with knee joints you won't get them in a multi-pack with knee joints...  Having them able to sit, and come with the table, would've been cool.  Completely unexpected, but cool. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 1, 2006, 11:22 AM »
These are going to be going up for Pre-sale on NFC soon.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 1, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Anton, I noticed this..I thought it was a Diamond exclusive? I guess this means Diamond will offer it up soon too? If NFC is cheaper...how reliable are they to buy from?

--The DS

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: August 1, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Yeah, it's a Diamond exclusive, meaning that any store that orders from them (via Preiviews magazine) can get them in.  They should be available at your local comic shops and also at places like NewForce, EE, StarWarsShop, etc.

It should be at all of the same places that the Sandcrawler or Bounty Hunter 7-Pack were found...

As for ordering from NewForce, well there are a number of existing threads that weigh the pros and cons of NewForce vs. EE vs. other places.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 1, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Thanks Jeff

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 1, 2006, 05:36 PM »
Awesome news, Jeff. I was about to scout the local Comic Shops to see if they carried exclusives in stores. I'll still go to check and make sure, but it's good to know.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 2, 2006, 11:27 AM »
God, I wish the knees were articulated.  A table and chairs would be easy enough to make, but what's the point if the bastards can't sit?

I might have to comission someone to add some joints to these figs....

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 2, 2006, 03:34 PM »
I think this set is being produced to make the customizer happy. Since the legs are not articulated(I'm over it already, I'm glad to have the set made period) it gives something for a good customizer to do. There's alot of 'leg whining' in here. Folks can, however, decide to not buy or buy then hire a customizer for a table, chairs and leg articulation.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 3, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Yeah, customizing is in tall order for these figures. I've been contemplating ordering a third set, just for that purpose.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."