Author Topic: Previews Exclusive Death Star Briefing 7-Pack  (Read 85739 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Previews Exclusive Death Star Briefing 7-Pack
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2007, 08:11 PM »
The set has hit a hobby shop at a mall i usually go to. (Square one,Ont.) They are selling for $49.99. Im not sure if thats a good price for the set BUT it does look pretty cool. I might buy it, depending on my mood and pocket size the next time i go that is.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2007, 08:21 PM »
I can't imagine you couldn't get it cheaper online even if you're in Canada...  That seems pricey.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2007, 08:43 PM »
Hobby stores tend to jack up the price, we have a store in the city here that is insane. JesseV should remember that store, wouldn't surprise me it was at $89.99.

Legends has the set on preorder for $44.99, a tad cheaper but add the shipping cost.   :-\

A no win.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2007, 08:48 PM »
if i buy it online i will get screwed over one way or another. But then again at the hobby shop every sunday they have a 25% off all figures sale. So it wont be much but i can save some off of the set. but like i said, it depends on my mood.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2007, 10:04 PM »
I got mine at my local comic shop for 39.99,He gives me 5% off everything buy.I've been a customer of his for so long.
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2007, 09:32 PM »
I got mine at my local comic shop for 39.99,He gives me 5% off everything buy.I've been a customer of his for so long.

Same here but I got it with 20% off because I work there part-time.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Saw it the other day at Suncoast for a wopping $45.99 after holding it my hands now I really do want it.  Damn ;)  Maybe if I wait they'll clearance it.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Saw it the other day at Suncoast for a wopping $45.99 after holding it my hands now I really do want it.  Damn ;)  Maybe if I wait they'll clearance it.

They ususally do. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2007, 04:56 PM »
Got mine in yesterday from ToynK.  I absolutely love the headsculpts on the 4 new Imperials; seriously, these may be among the most accurate (or at least superbly done) human face sculpts.  I even put Tarkin's head on a Saga Ozzel body to get a more accurate ANH version.  I will need to repaint the face and hair though- he's WAY too pale.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Got mine about a month ago and still haven't opened it up, but I'm going to do it this weekend!  The packaging on some of this stuff is so good that it almost displays better in the box.  Sure is easier to dust that way.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2007, 01:10 AM »
CorranHorn from FFURG took the packaging and hacked it up some to make it an open display.  Really slick looking the way he did that.

I find I'm saving more and more packages lately...  Commando package, DSBriefing, Felucia pack...  All great stuff to fiddle with on a shelf so you can display it all together.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 5, 2007, 08:04 AM »
Got mine the other day on eBay for $30 (including shipping).  Nice set.  Don't know if I wanna open it or not.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 5, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Got mine the other day on eBay for $30 (including shipping).  Nice set.  Don't know if I wanna open it or not.

In this case Id actually suggest opening it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2007, 08:59 PM »
If you are still looking to buy this check out newforcecomics.com

http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=NFCC&Category_Code=SWP3C

I've bought from them in the past and their stuff is top notch for about as cheap as you can get.  They have this for $30 or two for $55...can't beat that price. 

I got one to open and left one sealed - I like em both.  Was a little dissapointed to see that Motti and Tarkin are essentially rereleases...they could have increased the articulation on these two.  Vader is a little crappy as weill compared to the dozens of vader releases, but I was pretty happy with the four new imperials.  Just wish they had knee articulation!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2007, 04:47 PM »
Not bad prices at all on those...  I too was bummed on Motti and Tarkin, but more Tarkin than anything...  He's terribly inaccurate and I think a new head on one of the bodies they used for allt he others would've been pretty nice...  at least till an all-new figure is made (hopefully) at some point.

As he is though, he's a real stinker...  Motti's eh.  He looks different to all the others which is distracting to me, and I already had him, but eh he was tough to find for many so I don't mind him too much getting slipped in.  It helped people who needed his figure yet.