Author Topic: Another newbie from The Netherlands  (Read 2924 times)

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
Another newbie from The Netherlands
« on: October 15, 2006, 06:10 AM »
hi everyone,

Im not complety new at this forum, I just never had time to properly introduce myself.

I'm a 28 year old male collector of clonetroopers/commanders/vehicles and stuff. I'm living in the far west of the Netherland, a region called the westland. For 4 years I'm working for a big company that gives suplies to greenhouses, where I work in the technical division as a mechanical engineer.

My other hobbies are playing electic Bass in a Rockcover band, playing pc-games (my fiancee doen't like that much) and making our 4 birds tame. Recently we have 9 eggs to look forward too.

For the last 4 months I had I great time at JD, and for in the future many years to come I positively hope.

My collection is already online for the viewing. Click here

-Commander apoc, commander of the Westland clone divisions
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Another newbie from The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:57 AM »
I've got a parakeet, named Dash Rendar, and he drives me ******* crazy. He's loud, annoying, and messy... For you to be able to tame an entire flock's worth - I give you all my respect and sympathy. Anyway, it's good having you here - and don't be afraid to go by first name basis, either...

;)

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 07:30 PM »
here's some pics of 3 out of 4 of my birds....

2 of them have no eggs, but are male and female.... the grey one I had to call Obi (the ode to Obi-Wan), the otherone is Sun.
I don't know yet what they are called in English, but in Dutch the birdspecies is called "valkparkiet". There not noisy at all... there just sitting around all the time eating my paycheck away... :-\

The yellow one is a female called koekie (that's dutch for biscuit) and we have the same one in green, called Stimpy... the male. Stimpy is a bit noisy and often has a temper, Koekie is just sitting on here 9 eggs.... and eating my paycheck away too.... Next week we expect the first new-born. The birds are called "Kakiriki's"... don't know the english word... I will get back too that....

And oh.... My fiancee does the most of the taming-around, just give a lot of time and much of patiance too the birds, and they will listen too you. It's a shame the allready eaten bits out of Republic-gunship >:(

-Ruben.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:36 PM by commander apoc »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Welcome to the forums, even if you've been here a while already.

I have a similar situation concerning the PC games and the Fiance.  She thinks Half Life is her biggest competition!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:38 PM »
I thought that was battlefield 2?

Oh well, women al the same....

Oh yeah, the yellow and the green one (no pic yet) are called "Red-Fronted-Parakeet" and are not easy to get, there from New Zealand.....

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Welcome to JediDefender :)  I spent some time in The Netherlands -- beautiful country -- friendly people -- fun trip!  Enjoy!

Tracy
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 02:08 AM »
Hey apoc,

Good to have yet another European sign up here at JD...  We're glad to have you aboard.  Take a look around, browse the boards, find where you fit in and enjoy the site man.

Welcome onto Jedi Defender, we're glad to have you here man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 04:26 PM »
welcome glad to meet you ;D
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!