Author Topic: Biker Scout - Clean Version  (Read 22181 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Biker Scout - Clean Version
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2003, 04:07 PM »
Mike, how many Biker Scout figures do you have?
dustrho

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2003, 07:12 PM »
*edit*
« Last Edit: June 7, 2003, 10:16 AM by CyberScout »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2003, 07:34 PM »
Mike, all I can say is WOW!!!   :o
dustrho

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2003, 02:42 PM »
How many?

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 08:02 PM »
I think that this clean Bikerscout, being one of the hardest to find figures from the POTJ line, should be an obvious choice for a reissue on the new Saga cards.  Makes the most sense since many people never saw it at retail, like the MOTDS Maul and Vader that have now been reissued.  An army building 4-pack of these would be equally cool!

Hopefully Hasbro's paying attention here!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2003, 10:43 PM »
I'd like a new Scout with bike myself...  Not a reissue bike either, but a to-scale and properly detailed one...  That's  my opinion right now on this...  It'd look great with what they're capable of today I think, and if articulated right the Scout could be the best thing since...

Well it could be great I guess...  :)

The POTJ scout has an ok look, but it's very unposeable, and just is missing some quality I like in army builders.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2003, 12:48 PM »
I have heard a rumor that the upcoming Bike Scout Army builder pack (if it ever gets released) will consist of 2 clean and 2 dirty.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2003, 03:30 PM »
I have heard a rumor that the upcoming Bike Scout Army builder pack (if it ever gets released) will consist of 2 clean and 2 dirty.

If Hasbro was smart they would do 3 clean and 1 dirty.  And what's up with that particular stance?  Can't they just stand straight up-and-down like the vintage Biker Scouts (which is my favorite figure of all time).
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2003, 05:09 PM »
The POTJ version of the Biker Scout was pretty good from a sculpting standpoint.  But you know what?  Hasbro can do better now.  Hopefully we can move this discussion to the SAGA forums, and it'll take form as one of the seven deluxe figures for 2004, with a Speeder Bike and some decent articulation.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2003, 09:18 AM »
I always thought this figure was pretty nice as well, and do agree that it would be nice if it was re-released....or if they packed it 3 clean, 1 dirty in the troop builder pack, or even all 4 clean.  The only way they could maybe improve this figure is with some added articulation, but otherwise it isn't too bad IMO.  I saw the clean trooper on two occasions, right when this wave was released, at 2 different Wal-Marts.  I picked up one each time, and also an extra for a friend of mine.  So I have 2 clean and 2 dirty in my collection...I saw the dirty one on a few other occasions, but that clean one has to be one of the harder figures to come across from the modern line....judging from others' opinions/reports.

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 2, 2003, 09:14 PM »
I only saw the clean Biker Scout on a couple of occasions way back when.  The diry Biker Scout was a little more available at retail in my area.  As far as the speculation for the troop builder pack,  one with added articulation (ability to be placed on a speeder bike) would be awesome...  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2003, 12:01 AM »
I only found one clean one. I opened it gleefully. I ended up with three more Hustler-reader ones. Never have seen another clean one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MR.ROBOTO

• Youngling
  • Mr.Roboto PWNS you!
    • View Profile
    • www.starwars.com
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2005, 06:27 PM »
Really? It was that hard to find? I bought 5 clean and 3 dirty at three stores on the same day.the dirty was actually harder to find for me!We have more kid collecters than adult collecters around the area so a 'battle damaged' trooper sounds better to them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 06:34 PM by MR.ROBOTO »
All hail, the king of the typos!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 08:36 PM »
So...

What is everyone's opinion on this figure now that the VTSC figure is out? I personally think it's still a sharp figure. The sculpt is still good and great for use in action diorama's. As I phase out older sculpts in favor of new ones, I'm keeping these guys around.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 09:08 PM »
I have one all minty on the card I keep holding for trade bait when I need something...  I probably should just let the guy go at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77