Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders  (Read 20772 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Endor
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 08:51 AM »
I am very close to canceling the bundle order. I really don't believe that i need all three. I will probably just order the guy with the beard on the 4th.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:17 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 10:32 PM »
I was just buzzing around HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) & was surprised to see a preorder for these figs.

Endor Rebel Commando Infantry

Endor Rebel Commando Sergeant

Endor Rebel Commando Nik Sant

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 09:57 AM »
Ya know?   Now that I'm in the middle of "The Great Unboxing of 2006", I'm actually feeling better about getting these guys.   After freeing my 12" Luke and Leia on Speederbikes, I can set up a scene with the commandos, Luke-Leia-Scout and bikes, Trench Coat Han, 12" ewoks, Scout Trooper, ATST Driver...  etc....

Woo hooo!   
Now to get that house with the climate controlled 50 x50 shed!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #48 on: November 3, 2006, 07:46 PM »
I pre-ordered Nik Sant today and cancelled the bundle. I just couldn't bring myself to spend 180 on all three. One is good enough for me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Sideshow 12
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2007, 06:38 PM »
I just got my 15-20 day e-mail for Nik Sant.  ;D

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2007, 01:49 PM »
I got my shipping notice for the three Endor Troopers and they should be here on Saturday. 

Time to move some things around - my Detolfs are getting full.  Looks like I have to find somewhere else to put my 400% Kubricks and animated maquettes.

And I still don't have Jabba displayed yet  :'(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2007, 10:25 PM »
I got my authorization for Nik Sant. I am almost glad i canceled the bundle. I wouldnt be able to afford it right now.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2007, 10:36 AM »
The Fed-Ex guy was there at my house when I pulled into the driveway.

These 3 Troopers are great. The quality really shows when they're displayed outside the box where they can be posed with all their accessories and they're outfits are allowed to hang more naturally.

My favorite is the pathfinder(old timer). He has the least accessories(not by much), but he just seems to have the most character. He's cool, just by repositioning the helmet seems to draw out different moods.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 10:42 AM »
I have not got mine yet, but i agree about Nik Sant. I think he is has the most "personality". I prefer that he is not just a nameless character.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2007, 02:01 AM »
My 3 are in the mail as well...  Forgot to post about this.

Can't wait, they look outstanding and come with a lot of stuff.  I'm gonna outfit them with some extra gear I think for their packs and things once I get them, and spiff them up a bit.  Love these though.  Outstanding figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2007, 08:18 AM »
My set of 3 are on their way as well.

Fed Ex Ground, so they should be here either Saturday or Monday.

I am really excited, after seeing these in person at Toy Fair, the Militaries line looks like it could really be neat.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2007, 10:12 PM »
I got my shipping confirmation for Nik Sant.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2007, 06:33 PM »
I got my set of 3 yesterday...  Pretty fast shipping really.

The Troopers are nice figures and I like that SS fleshed out some EU debate by listing the specialties of the troopers as Commandoes, as well as giving them ranks more based on uniform than rank badges (as by ROTJ there was no military advisor helping, and thus rank badges are generic, so EU's playing them off as other pieces of equipment than rank designation).

The "Sergeant" in the trench coat rocks...  Probably my favorite of the 3.  He has the thermal shirt, the coat is really nicely designed and decoed, the bandoleer of goodies shows it's less a bandoleer of grenades and more a bandoleer of parts (for his weapon?  For an explosive?  hard to say).  The helmet's multiple plastic pieces meshed with the cloth center make it a really interesting design too...

I'm a little disappointed that some of the pouches are basically glued shut.  That's ****** for people who want to load them up with equipment or whatever.  I think the backpack can be fiddled open though (Sergeant's pack is the cloth variation).

I see some differences between Dragon/Side Show in how they do things...  They're both pretty good, but I'd like more "function" on costumes in the future (IE: Pockets that open, etc.).  A sidearm on oen of the troopers would've been nice too, as it seems "unlikely" that none of the 3 would have one. 

The "Trooper" generic figure is really nice, and it's cool to see he's got a hooded shirt underneath his uniform vest too...  It's a little known costume detail on the Endor outfits actually.  The vintage and POTF2 figures have it, but it's kind of tough to tell that's what it is.  The "Trooper" has probably the neatest outfit though I think.  His pack is also the modular "metal" design used on Hoth which is great because I wasn't sure they'd give us this design... 

The Nik Sant figure just makes you long for a basic figure of him in Scout disguise as well as his "pathfinder" uniform.  The figure's headsculpt is true to form, showing that Nik Sant isn't "old" like many mistake him as being, but rather he's just very blonde with a bushy (been in the field too long) beard.  He too comes with the cloth pack...

Again they all 3 have the same rifle, which is the "Rebel Rifle" based on the MP-44 German assault rifle (the predecessor of the AK-47, and really most modern assault rifles).  A nice weapon...  Would've been nice to see removable energy clips though, something common on 1:6 scale figures, and perhaps a sliding stock since that's how the weapon appears to function in a way.  Can't have it all though.

Overall though I'm happy with the purchase but the cost is definitely something to think of in the future.  I may not buy these in 3's if that's how SS is going to do all troop types.  I don't think I can justify it honestly.  One figure, probably the most "generic" is how I'll go forward with this line, as much as it pains me to cut any of them out.  I just love the military aspect of SW so much, but the cost is rough to choke down.

Good figures though...  The "these guys look like GI Joes" tag some have applied to them is pretty baseless since it's a criticism of design for the film and not the toy...  As toys representing the characters, they're outstanding.

Might I also say, the Sergeant and Nik Sant figures are outstanding likenesses of both characters.  Close inspection of the Sergeant's scenes shows he's a spot-on sculpt with the goattee and all.

Like I Said in my news post, if Hasbro did 3.75" Rebel figures this nice, there'd be a LOT less bitching on my part.  I might even have to change my signature...  at every forum I visit.  Ugh.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2007, 01:30 PM »
I have to say I am very happy with Nik Sant. Happy enough that i got on the waitlist for the one with the goatee.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2007, 01:38 PM »
I noticed that the Seargents rifle is slightly different. Way to go Sideshow for taking the time to make it a little more unique.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron