Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders  (Read 20771 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Sideshow 12
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2007, 02:49 AM »
Great eye Gamboa, I missed that...

The rifle's not just a little different, it's 100% different.  I'm guessing it might be based on an M-16 base while Nik Sant and the Trooper's rifles are based on the MP-44 base (most commonly known base weapon).  The Sergeant's rifle is REALLY different though.  The rifles did have some variation in what real-world assault rifle they're based on, but I'm not familiar with all the bases.  The one with the Sergeant just looks very M-16-ish to me while the other two have a weapon clearly based on the MP-44.  The Sergeant's is really tough to tell.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2007, 08:46 AM »
I just bought the Trooper on eBay for $52 shipped; I was waiting to get under $50 so this was close enough  :P.  The various pics and descriptions from you guys clinched it for me.  I knew I would never get the bundle, and while each one has some accessories I like (such as the trenchcoat and cloth backpacks) I think the Trooper is the most definitive of the 3 as a good representation of the strike force.  Some folks display him without the tan vest, and that looks good too!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2007, 05:04 PM »
I think the Trooper might be my favorite, though his non-com is pretty nifty too.  Nik Sant is the "dull" of the group...  Like his backstory as a pathfinder though, not a regular trooper, so that's interesting.

Still, there's room for improvement all around with them I'd say too...  I'm gonna do a little customizing to my group actually to make them more realistic w/gear, but at the end of the day I loved the bundle set.  They look good together.  I doubt they do too many more like that bundle of 3 though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2007, 05:28 PM »
I wasn't initially going to get these 3 so didn't pre-order  ::)

Now having seen the write ups I'm going to pick them up or at least jump on a wait list and see what happens.

Also think a Hoth Rebel set (at least a trooper and commander) would be a good.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2007, 09:56 PM »
I think our very own Paul Mundheim was selling his 3-figure set if you're interested Andy.  I could be wrong but I'll point that out to him.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 4, 2007, 08:54 AM »
I just finally got around to taking them out of the shipping box and was pretty impressed.  Unfortunately, my Sgt box was torn at the top but I'm an opener so I really don't care (not worth the hassle sending it back I think).   I can't wait to free them up and display them with the rest of my Endor 12" stuff

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 5, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Wasn't this supposed to come with a 30$ gift card? I didn't see it when I looked through them.

jiM
traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2007, 03:01 AM »
I believe it's in the box of one of the troopers, the Sgt. perhaps?  I haven't really looked for mine either since I rarely buy anything from SS, but I do recall seeing it somewhere in someone's box.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2007, 07:26 AM »
The gift card came in the box of the one with the trench coat.  It should be taped to the circular part of the stand.  You can see it as soon as you open the flap.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2007, 05:32 PM »
The gift card came in the box of the one with the trench coat.  It should be taped to the circular part of the stand.  You can see it as soon as you open the flap.
Okay, thanks. I haven't actually opened them up, just the boxes. I didn't see the card like i do in all the others and I got worried.

jiM
traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Okay, thanks. I haven't actually opened them up, just the boxes. I didn't see the card like i do in all the others and I got worried.

jiM

Thanks for the tip.  Finally got around to opening mine and couldn't find it anywhere either!   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today