Author Topic: State of the Hobby  (Read 7666 times)

Offline Clones

• Youngling
  • Not your average clone
    • View Profile
Re: State of the Hobby
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 04:36 PM »
So why are we all Vader for Halloween if he's lava burnt and mutilated?

My Target has a good amount of fans. It's good to see kids with their parents looking enthusiastically at SW figures.

However it was kids who ruined the hobby for me in ROTS! Once, some rich spoiled fat kid walks up the last row of NO. 41 Clones on the pegs and greedily shoves them all in his dad's face and the dad buys them!

I need Clones!
-Clones-

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 07:39 PM »
I would never pressume to tell people what they can do with their hard earned money but in our hobby we have to keep in mind that these are toys.  Most of us started collecting as kids and toys are made (aimed) for kids.  There are high end items made (aimed) for adults. 

However complaining about a kid getting clones makes no sense to me especially when you want more clones yourself.  You probably would have bought all the clones yourself just like the kid did.

I myself have lost many toys to kids before but I do it happily b/c instead of sitting in a shelve or box somewhere I know they will get played with until they break or are to loose to stand up and for me that is what it is all about.  Clearly I may be in the minority. :-X
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Clones

• Youngling
  • Not your average clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 08:03 PM »
No, even though I'm a Clone-Lover, I can't afford to build armies the way this kid just heaved figures into his arms. I rareley, almost never buy dupliates, an exception being Scorch, which I bought one for a friend too.

I guess you could in a way still consider me a kid. Now I'm not posting my age, but my parents are still in enough control to not allow me to build armies.

It's silly to me too. I guess that's just me. I never at all dislike kids or other collectors, what I do dislike is hogging of figures. That's just downright silly.

I'm all in for kids buying figures! However they seem to rather video games, TV, and junk foods. My friend's little brother is a devoted fan and he's only 9! He reads Reblescum and his parents bought him Scorch and Cody early on EBay. He'll probably grow to be like all of us with a bit of army builders and repacks for seasoning.

And I'm not one to keep figures carded. I play around, set up scenes, but it's quite easy, even if you only get one of each figure.

-Clones-
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:06 PM by Clones »
-Clones-

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 09:36 PM »

However it was kids who ruined the hobby for me in ROTS! Once, some rich spoiled fat kid walks up the last row of NO. 41 Clones on the pegs and greedily shoves them all in his dad's face and the dad buys them!

I need Clones!

OH! EEK! OW! that is all I can say about THAT.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Clones

• Youngling
  • Not your average clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 06:10 PM »
I think the hobby is doing fine. Though, even though I despise the way that kid shoved clones, It shows someone is putting effort into the hobby.

But Clones thinks we collectors should live in harmony and share. Not HOG.

-Clones-
-Clones-