Author Topic: Recent 30AC Purchases  (Read 355926 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent 30AC Purchases
« Reply #240 on: April 9, 2007, 07:15 PM »
Scored a Rebel Honor Guard today.  The card was pretty well mangled, but it was fine for the purposes of opening.  I was surprised to see this figure though.  If anything, I expected to see either Han Solo or Luke Skywalker as my first finds from the Battle of Yavin wave.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 9, 2007, 10:01 PM »
My Concept Boba Fett arrived today from eBay. It was my expensive Easter gift from my dad.

And it is THE COOLEST FIGURE EVER PRODUCED BY HASBRO!!! (at least carded, Im not opening it though) It looks AMAZING, it is so awesome, it looks great the way Im displaying it with my concept figs for the year...I crapped myself when it came in the mail I was so happy.

It's the best, I encourage everyone out there to grab one while they last, because its so damn neat its gonna definitely be hard to find. Track it down by whatever means neccessary, its well worth it. Awesome!!!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: April 9, 2007, 11:24 PM »
I nabbed:

All of the Order 66 2-packs except Anakin w/Blue Airborne Trooper, and I got an extra of the Kashyyyk/Yoda and Windu/Marine Guy for a gift.  Not bad for $10, actually, and if these were more widely available I think they're ideal gifts in a way...  Weird.

Anyway, I also got another Airborne Wave 1 Trooper and 2 more Marines.  Could've had 4 Marines and 3 Airborne but showed some restraint today so I'm not scraping by month's end on my financial toy leash.

Great figures though, it's tough not to buy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2007, 11:17 AM »
I know this doesn't qualify as a purchase, but I saw but did not buy the new Republic Gunship and Saesee Tiin's Starfighter transformers at WM this morning in AZ.  They're in the new 30AC packaging and priced like the other TFs at $14.99 each.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2007, 02:28 PM »
It's the best, I encourage everyone out there to grab one while they last, because its so damn neat its gonna definitely be hard to find. Track it down by whatever means neccessary, its well worth it. Awesome!!!

I don't think you've been collecting very long.

Either that, or you copied the description paragraph from an eBay auction.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:29 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2007, 10:33 PM »

I don't think you've been collecting very long.

Either that, or you copied the description paragraph from an eBay auction.

It's just my opinion. It's an awesome figure and I think everyone should have one. And it will be tough to find at one per case and with all of its features and it being a concept figure.

It's better than DS Trooper and Honor Guard, thats for sure!!! And THAT's FACT.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2007, 11:03 PM »
boba is 2 per case...just a heads up.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2007, 11:17 PM »
And it will be tough to find at one per case and with all of its features and it being a concept figure.

Rather, a case with only one Boba would be tough to find.  Mostly since he's packed 2 per case like all of the other figures in Wave 2.

Why was the Stormie only packed one per case?  Not because they made less of him than all of the other figures.  No no no.  But instead he's being repacked in Wave 1 revision 1, and again in Wave 2 revision 1.  He is shipping through June.  That makes up for the early 1 per case ratio.

It's better than DS Trooper and Honor Guard, thats for sure!!! And THAT's FACT.

Much like the "1 per case" Boba hysteria, also not a fact.  But if you like concept designs that didn't make the grade, over SA OT army builders, maybe.  Me, I'll take the SA army builder every time.  But luckily I can get them all and don't have to choose, so it's a moot point.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:24 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2007, 11:57 PM »
Picked up one more Order 66 Mace/Galactic Marine.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Hmmm, yeah I'm gonna say there's no "fact" to Fett's coolness over the others in the case, haha.  ;)  Sorry, but that's not much of a positive argument, and again I have to say that the McTrooper's maybe shown shipping 1-to-a-case in some revisions, but my point about this has been ignored completely...

How hard were Utapau Clones to find at first?  Death Star Gunners?  Sandtroopers?

The year's really young...  Hasbro loves remixing things later in the year to get more out on pegs.  Holy hell I am seeing Gummi Maul again, and Gen. Riekean is resurfacing...  Hasbro will remix the McTrooper if they decide they can sell him more.  They'll remix Fett in too.

There's no shortage of these figures and buying into the idea they'll be impossible to find when they've only been shipping for a couple weeks is really a sign of collecting ignorance.  If you pay extra because you have to have it NOW, I respect that mode of thought...  If you pay extra because you beat it into your own head that you won't find it later though, and I can't help but just view you as part of the problem with collecting's ****** side of scalpers and the folks who fund them.

Hell if you're willing to pay the premium, you may as well order these from over seas early and at least give the money to someone who isn't dicking over the hobby, ya know?  Plus you get it early...  Don't feed the guy that is the reason there's little "we can't go in the back stockroom for you as our store policy" signs on Target pegs.  That's just douchey.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2007, 06:59 AM »
How hard were Utapau Clones to find at first?  Death Star Gunners?  Sandtroopers?

dont get me started on the DST :P damn thing cost me $14, only to find out my sister found dozens of them when she went to the states last week. >:( but i agree with what you said. no point in paying extra for a line that just came out. i admit i did wit the marine, but then i felt like a moron after paying $20 for a figure and took it back 15 minutes later...good thing i did because i then found another marine just 3 stores over. my point is be patient and it will come. and be smarter with your money. the way i see it $20 can get you two figures...so why waste it on one?  (i know it cost less in the states but w.e)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2007, 09:30 AM »
A friend picked up some Treachery BP's for me on a trip. I wanted one for myself and gave the other to local coolectors. Ironically, one got damaged durring transport. I took that one, so I still need an upgrade. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Recieved my early bird case of wave 2 from DNStoys.com today.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Recieved my early bird case of wave 2 from DNStoys.com today.

Early Bird Case?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2007, 09:36 AM »
Picked up another DSTrooper, 2 Rebel Honor guards and a Biggs (for customizing) at Target yesterday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."