Author Topic: Recent 30AC Purchases  (Read 354539 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Recent 30AC Purchases
« Reply #945 on: October 10, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Got my Wave 5 case from BrentS today.  Love this wave!!!  Sucks that I didn't get a McVader with this Rev, but I'm glad I don't have to track this down at retail.

*edit* BrentS just got me a Yellow SL Clone Officer on a run this afternoon and my mother (god love this woman) got me another Yellow SL Clone Officer, a 4-LOM, and a General McQuarrie when she was out shopping this afternoon.  From the conversation, it sounds like she just missed a bunch of McSnowies and Dark Troopers too as there was a woman with a cart full of figures in the aisle when she got there.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 02:12 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 10, 2007, 03:43 PM »
got a gold coin biggs

could have had a Mcvader to but after some debate i was able to get a "scalper" shop to reduce the price on him but she then destroyed the card back by bending it in half and then kicked me out of the store for refusing to buy it. it was too much as it was at $15 for the figure, but $15 for a damaged figure that she bought from the store right beside her, forget it.

Next time you're flipping through a magazine and come across a Prozac or Zoloft ad, rip it out and bring it by her store.  Just walk in, hand it to her, and leave.  No conversation necessary.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 10, 2007, 04:11 PM »
got a gold coin biggs

could have had a Mcvader to but after some debate i was able to get a "scalper" shop to reduce the price on him but she then destroyed the card back by bending it in half and then kicked me out of the store for refusing to buy it. it was too much as it was at $15 for the figure, but $15 for a damaged figure that she bought from the store right beside her, forget it.

wait a scalper destroyed a figure's card that she was trying to sell to you for double the retail? I know scalpers have issues in the head, but why the **** would she destroy the cardback?

it was initially marked at $20 (double price in CDN) i was able to get her to mark it down to $15.  at first i asked if their was anyway to reduce the price because it was very high and she said no, then i pretty much asked her if she ordered boxes, she said yes, but then i brought up the fact that the figures she was selling were the rare ones that the WM next store should have gotten in considering the cases they had out. right away she offered me $15 so i already knew she was scalping. she looked pissed. after i gave her the money she bent the card in half. when i asked what she was doing she said it was so it would fit in a bag, yet the bag was pretty big, so i told her to forget it and give my money back. she got mad at me and for a bit she refused to give it back, but as some customers behind me started to listen in she finally gave me the money and told me to get out of her store.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #948 on: October 10, 2007, 04:17 PM »
got a gold coin biggs

wait a scalper destroyed a figure's card that she was trying to sell to you for double the retail? I know scalpers have issues in the head, but why the **** would she destroy the cardback?

it was initially marked at $20 (double price in CDN) i was able to get her to mark it down to $15.  at first i asked if their was anyway to reduce the price because it was very high and she said no, then i pretty much asked her if she ordered boxes, she said yes, but then i brought up the fact that the figures she was selling were the rare ones that the WM next store should have gotten in considering the cases they had out. right away she offered me $15 so i already knew she was scalping. she looked pissed. after i gave her the money she bent the card in half. when i asked what she was doing she said it was so it would fit in a bag, yet the bag was pretty big, so i told her to forget it and give my money back. she got mad at me and for a bit she refused to give it back, but as some customers behind me started to listen in she finally gave me the money and told me to get out of her store.

yep that's completely ****** up. hopefully she lost those customers behind you.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 10, 2007, 04:39 PM »
got a gold coin biggs

Where is this place?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 10, 2007, 06:41 PM »
in Ontario Canada. the store was called animal planet or something along those lines.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 10, 2007, 10:03 PM »
Over a couple of days after work, picked up some leftover UGH figs this week in AZ at TRU.

2 Vaders
3 Maces
1 Airborne
1 McChewie

Also, saw the Galactic Heroes Battle of Hoth and Battle of Naboo scene packs.  They were $25 each, a bit overpriced for me now.  May be I'll pick them up later.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 11, 2007, 09:18 AM »
got a gold coin biggs

Yeah, that was messed up. If she would have refused to give you the refund, I would have walked out of the store with a replacement figure, let her call the cops and have her explain how she stole your money.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #953 on: October 11, 2007, 09:49 AM »
I missed out on the Saga Legends droids from Hasbro toy shop but just got the McQuarrie Hoth trooper off the website. (also ordered the Marvel Legends Brood series, I figured witht he 25% off and free shipping it was good enough to buy)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:37 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 11, 2007, 10:22 AM »
I went to HTS.com this morning and purchased the Pit Droids, Tortured Han, and Imperial Officer with the promo code.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #955 on: October 11, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Darktrooper is back in stock at the HTS. I just got one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 11, 2007, 12:10 PM »
Got two Darktroopers and a Clone Commander at HTS.
I remember my dream now.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 11, 2007, 10:22 PM »
I realize that it's not 30AC related, but I really didn't know where to post this.  I ended up buying the Star Wars 2008 Desk Calendar at Kohls today when I was on a figure run.  This year's theme is 'The Art of Star Wars.'  I busted it open as I couldn't wait until 2008 and was shocked at how many McQuarrie concept drawings there were.  I figured that it would mostly be newer artists, but there were a TON of his sketches in there.

Unlike this year's calendar with the movie stills (some severly out of order with the movie timeline), this is a very well done calendar.  I recommend getting this if you truely are a fan of SW art.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 11, 2007, 11:54 PM »
Just ordered another darktrooper from HTS.  I wonder if they'll let me order it twice in one day?  The 25Fall code still worked and I got IG-88 added in as my free figure this time.  $22 and change for 4 figures plus a vintage is awfully good.

Offline Cyber 7306

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 12, 2007, 06:59 PM »
I went to Wal-mart and found a HUGE selection of figures. I bought them.  ;D

Concept Darth Vader
Ultimate Galactic Hunt Pilot Biggs Darklighter
Ultiamate Galactic Hunt Concept Bobba Fett
Ultimate Galactic Hunt Darth Vader Duel With Ben ;