Author Topic: Deleted Scenes  (Read 4698 times)

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
Deleted Scenes
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:23 PM »
I the 5 episode there were several deleted scenes including the wampas.Like the time Luke blasted wampas in echo base.So does anyone have these scenes on a disk?
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Deleted Scenes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:40 AM »
No.

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 11:47 AM »
I believe that the Luke Vs. Wampa(s) in the Echo Base never been recorded, otherwise I think that you're referring to the Echo Trooper against the Wampas.

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Aaaactually, if one has the DVDs one can see in the bonus contents some pictures of the original Wampa scenes. Apparently the story attached was that the rebels had captured one/a few of them and were keeping them in a room.... and there's a short of a terrible looking early rendition of the costume, too. Not quite sure if that draft had Luke getting attacked by one or what exactly, but the whole plan was clearly ditched and replaced. (Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks part of the reason Luke got attacked/mauled in the face at the beginning was to account for the car wreck damage/reconstruction?)

Later, when the imperial troops are attacking the base, C3PO makes an act of defiance by tearing the warning sticker off the door of the room the Wampa(s) are being kept in- a shot seen in prerelease trailers, by the way (when he says "a galactic odyssey against oppression!"- by the way, I'm 99% sure that's not Harrison Ford talking despite how the video is labeled). The snowtroopers would've then barged into the room unknowingly, and, well....

These scenes can be seen on the first version of the original trilogy DVDs, and were most likely included on the second (though I haven't seen those yet). At least, I know there were pictures of this stuff... not 100% sure about full video scenes.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 01:55 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks part of the reason Luke got attacked/mauled in the face at the beginning was to account for the car wreck damage/reconstruction?

It's an old theory, but Lucas said that the scene was planned before the car wreck, and that there wasn't any sort of heavy scarring that caused them to re-write the story.

Later, when the imperial troops are attacking the base, C3PO makes an act of defiance by tearing the warning sticker off the door of the room the Wampa(s) are being kept in...

This scene is depicted in the Marvel Comic adaptation. I can scan it if anyone is interested.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 05:42 PM »
The Luke/Wampa scene doesn't exist...  It's a bit of an urban legend as Luke is in a production shot with an odd looking cannon (in his X-Wing uniform).  The shot doesn't appear in scripts or adaptations.

The Wampa thing starts with Han's leaving Echo Base to search for Luke...  Prior to his leaving, and this is still in ESB, Han sees Taun-Taun handlers hovering over a dead TT, and he asks what's up, but they're all perplexed by the TT's broken neck...

Flash forward to Luke's recovery in echo base and the knowledge now that there is something nasty on the planet wandering about...  They are on alert for it.

Flash to R2 wandering down a hallway humming to himself in Echo Base...  Wampas burst out of an ice wall and attack him.  He shreaks and the noise attracts the Wampas it is found...  The Rebels fight the Wampas with blasters (shots of this exist) in the halls of Echo Base, and R2 is used to bait the Wampas into a storage room where they can be locked inside...  The room is given a danger sign on it.

Flash forward to the Empire arriving and the heroes escaping Vader...  As they're fleeing Imperial Troopers, C-3PO in a shrude maneuver rips the danger sign off the Wampa cage.  As the Snowtroopers scour the base on the heels of Han/Leia/R2/3PO, they enter the Wampa room thinking it's just any other room to sweep/clear it of Rebels...  As they do, they're ripped to shreds by the Wampas.

I love deleted stuff...  I wish we were given more of it actually.  I'd lvoe to see the firefight on Endor in the bunker, I'd love to see anything extending Bespin and it's citizens, I'd love to see of course all the Anchorhead footage and the shootout in MOs Eisley's streets ala a high-noon gunfight.

There's cool stuff out there for sure.  Oh and I'd dig seeing the Rebels on the Falcon in the Gunner Wells kicking some ass.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Part of this is the no looking/shooting trooper. If you see the pic, you know what I'm talking about.

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 03:12 AM »
Part of this is the no looking/shooting trooper. If you see the pic, you know what I'm talking about.

...what?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 02:21 AM »
Hopefully we'll end up seeing it on the 30 A DVD set. George cut a ton of cool scenes out by the sounds of it even in the PT.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 10:00 PM »
they shouldve made all of the deleted scenes bonus features for the DVD's. unless they are already out....i wouldnt know though..i passed on the "original original triliogy dvds".
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Has anyone caught the Deleted Magic DVD floating around?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I have that :)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 01:04 AM »
It's pretty fascinating. If it wasn't for some intelligent people surrounding Lucas (not discounting the intelligent move on Lucas part to have intelligent people around) Star Wars could have been an incoherent turd. Sure it would have looked cool, but the story would have been lousy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 02:40 PM »
Lucas was no dummy back then either.  But yeah, he hired some smart ones that is for certain.