Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 120735 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Don't worry

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2006, 06:26 PM »
Check WG! That's where I found the GB. :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2006, 06:42 PM »
Appo's going to be a BITCH to find though...ÿ :(ÿ As it stands, 501st'ers haven't been abundant, and this one's going to be outstanding irregardless of which SA sculpt used...ÿ I'm already in a bummed mood thinking of how hard to find he'll be.

I"ve seen quite a few 501s on the pegs... Need to come out this way, Jesse.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Appo's going to be a BITCH to find though...ÿ :(ÿ As it stands, 501st'ers haven't been abundant, and this one's going to be outstanding irregardless of which SA sculpt used...ÿ I'm already in a bummed mood thinking of how hard to find he'll be.

I"ve seen quite a few 501s on the pegs...

Same here, and passed on all of 'em.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2006, 09:58 PM »
I picked mine up mainly do to my damn army-building habit.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2006, 12:07 AM »
I've actually seen at least 20 501 on the pegs in GB ::)

People won't buy them now that Appo is coming..I mean why waste your moolah on the 501 anyway when you can get a SAC one soon?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2006, 04:20 AM »
You guys are lucky...  Around here the Epic Battles wave sits, but the Clones went out the door at light speed it seemed.  I did see a shock and couple 501st one time, but just once...  Didn't pick them up at the time and don't regret that necessarilly, but the Clones are gone around here and we're swimming in 3PO's, Padme's and the like.

The figures you don't see are the Royal Guards, the Clones (any kind), and the Wookiee seems to be a so-so steady seller, though he's findable.  The stinkers in this wave are sure as hell stagnant sellers though.  3PO and Padme are clogging the toilet (IE: Wal-Mart) big time aorund here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2006, 07:15 AM »
The battle wave is everywhere here in Minnesota as well. You can find clones if you are persistent, but there are 5 Padmes for every clone you find. The shocktrooper sure sits at Target, and it should. 2 months ago we were getting 2 of them, an emperor, yoda, and senate pod for less than $10.
I did get one of each clone from this wave and the greatest hits wave. They are great cardbacks. I don't keep too much on the card these days, but these made the cut.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Hopefully all of last years stuff will be gone by the time this years re-paints start hitting the shelves. That way there's more room to stock.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2006, 07:53 PM »
The pegs will be clear if so. ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2006, 10:32 AM »
Hopefully all of last years stuff will be gone by the time this years re-paints start hitting the shelves. That way there's more room to stock.

Well, I guess Target agrees with you...  To help clear out the aisle, the Greatest Hits assortments will be on sale next week for $6 (includes both the Heroes & Villains and Greatest Battles figures). 

That should help to clear out the aisle a little bit I would think...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Every day I walk into Target or Wal-Mart or TRU, I am continually amazed at the amount of GB/H&V ROTS figures as opposed to the regular basic line.  At times it looks like last fall, what with the gobs of ROTS pegwarmers, only they're in a new and nicer packaging.  Gobs of Vaders, R2-D2s, Palpatines, Padmes, Threepios, etc, with actual basic figures (OT and PT alike) limited to a few dusty Geonosians, Vader re-cards, Hem Dazons, Garindans, and the non-DSG figures from the Endor wave.

I don't have a lot of faith in being able to easily find the last group of figures before Wal-Mart's exclusive wave.  With Appo being 1 per case in the one assortment I saw, I am afraid he'll be a nightmare, especially since he's essentially that SA 501st we saw in SDCC in 2005.  And am I alone in thinking that the final 5 WM exclusive figures might not even get released?  Given WM's overall glut of figures right now that does not seem to be abating, unless they're under a different UPC code altogether, it wouldn't surprise me if they told Hasbro, "No thanks, we changed our mind" the way they did with wave 2 of the Cantina sets in 2002. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2006, 11:32 AM »
The situation is very similar here, just gobs of the H&V/Greatest Battles figures - at all the retailers.  Wal-Mart in particular has just tons of these, with a few Jerjerrods and Dofines thrown in as well.  I don't think that Target has anything but the Greatest Battles figures, aside from a few Dofines or Hoth Vaders.  I hope these are done shipping, because I'd like to see these figures get cleared out and make room for the Endor/Naboo wave, as well as the "Final 22".  I'm getting a little nervous about finding some of those.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2006, 09:28 PM »
All clones are nightmares to find here! I may have too ask for these for X-mas. Pretty sad. :(

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2006, 11:39 PM »
greatest battles was a terrible idea i see it as the new sote retail disaster-i really do! very sad and pitiful for our modern line i would think hasbro wouldve learned from kenner's big mistake but nooo... >:(and to think we are in for more greatst hits waves next year...ouch.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!