Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 121029 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2006, 09:07 PM »
On a morning visit to Target (where I finally found Grimlock, woot!), I was rather shocked to find that the SW basic figure pegs have been taken out by 2/3rd of their original space (from 12 pegs to 4), now "fully stocked" with the same Hem Dazons and Padmes that have been scattered thin across the pegs for the past months.  The SW Transformers now have 8 pegs all to themselves alongside, and some "Ben 10" toy line seems to have bled over into everyone else's shelf space, occupying at least a full third of the aisle itself.

Only Target would solve empty pegs for a currently shipping UPC at Christmas by removing 2/3 of the space set aside instead of, you know, actually keeping the pegs stocked.   ::)

Unless there's a sudden run on Jerjerrods and Threepios at Wal-Mart, I'm going to be really nervous about finding the rest of the final 22 that I actually wanted, especially with Holo Cody being one per case in this first assortment and not being listed on any of the other case assortments as yet.   :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2006, 12:15 AM »
You could always preorder some of them at BBTS (except Appo and the Kashyyyk Clone)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=354&category=1831&page=3

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2006, 12:23 AM »
I posted this in the Target DCPI # thread too, but I think the topic is somewhat pertinent in this thread as well...

I've been somewhat surprised that there has been no discussion of this, but here goes.  It appears that the wave 8 figures may have a different DPCI/UPC number at Target as well as at other chains.  Because in both instances when I have checked out with wave 8 figures the barcodes have not been scanning at the register at both Target and Toys R Us.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Additionally, when I scanned a wave 8 Chewbacca at a Target store with the improved scanner (the one that gives aisle location and stock status), that figure did NOT register in the system.  So it seems there may be a new UPC barcode and that may also mean a different DPCI for the figures themselves.  HOWEVER, to make matters even more confusing, when I bought a case at Target there was a sticker on the case with the DPCI number of 087-06-0576 that is associated with TSC Basic Figures.  Very strange.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Everything I've heard says that it's the same DPCI at Target for those 17 figures (obviously not the Wal-Mart exclusive ones  :P), but the figures were not entered into the system correctly and that is why they do not ring up correctly...  of course info is always subject to change, but for now I think it's a computer glitch and not a new DPCI (at least at Target).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 12:29 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Well, it's definitely strange that I've seen it happen not only at Target but also at Toys R Us.

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I bought a whole case from Target. The sticker on the box with all the technical infromation indicates that the DCPI number is the same as the previous figures. Picture of these cases have also been posted over at scum and indicate the same thing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2006, 11:14 AM »
That's what I posted in my initial post.  The thing is that the figures aren't scanning that way individually at either Target or TRU.

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2006, 09:28 AM »
I think it just comes down to someone resposible for getting them in the system being asleep at the wheel. :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 10:08 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2006, 09:39 PM »
well i guess ill just have to try and pick a couple of the Final 22 when i go to Florida in Jan :)
hopefully Disney World will have some. heck atleast ill be able to get the Build your own Lightsaber.=)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2006, 03:13 AM »
The SW aisle is full, not with anything new. Good news is GB is gone. Endor 1 is here for a while. ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2006, 12:01 PM »
The SW aisle is full, not with anything new. Good news is GB is gone. Endor 1 is here for a while. ::)

i have noticed this too. for me though, carkoon, moff, 3PO, palpy, and power droids are the main warmers.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2006, 03:02 PM »
I'm hoping that the reported delay in the first wave of 30AC figures along with the last-minute Christmas shopping will make the Final 22 a bit easier to come by over the next two or three months.  The final waves of figures from any particular line have always been hard to come by due to the short window before Hasbro discontinues the SKU, so maybe the delay is a blessing in one sense rather than a curse.

Not that it really matters for Wal-Marts in my area, which are the land of Jerjerrod and Threepio in one store (seriously, those are the ONLY two figures on the pegs, in double-digits for both, although someone did return about 20 Shocktroopers last week to join them) and the land of GB figures in the other.  With Target here cutting their peg space by two-thirds, until a reset, they're going to be pretty useless too.  The only hope is TRU, and we all know how well they stock things in a timely manner, especially at Christmas.   ::)

But yeah, hopefully the longer window until 30AC will make it somewhat easier to find the final 22.  Again, hopefully. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2006, 04:11 PM »
I'm hoping that the reported delay in the first wave of 30AC figures along with the last-minute Christmas shopping will make the Final 22 a bit easier to come by over the next two or three months. 

I would expect so. There's going to need to be something on the shelfs to sell.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Not much "Final 22" news around Pittsburgh...  A buddy of mine's caught them a couple times up North of the city but beyond that they don't appear to be hitting the other areas/burbs.  I'm sort of surprised since it's been a while since a new wave was out en masse...  The End-Boo came and went for the most part, but they were (and still are in some cases) available. 

At the Toy Show a couple weeks ago now, the dealers didn't even have any final 22 on their tables and they started to show that week around here, but I guess it's just so spotty right now that not much is available.

I'm happy with that myself though same as others...  I'm hoping they ship while the 30A line is on hold.  That'd be nice, so long as it doesn't mean the 30A become hard to find for a wave or two because of the backup.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2006, 08:19 PM »
The troopers & Fett will probally be HTF anyway.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m