Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 120995 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #300 on: January 24, 2007, 12:43 AM »
Our Wal Mart just stuck all the figures they had on clearance and are not planning to restock.

Ignore 99.9% of what Wal-Mart employees tell you Mitsu...  Your Wally will certainly restock.  The clearance you're seeing is certainly attributed to an overstock at your location, probably tied to a certain # of figures on-hand in cases sitting in the back room...  Other stores are doing similar things with the 2-pack format I think>

Every year WM seems to scare collectors by saying they're not going to restock, and every year they restock figures galore...  Been this way since the line started.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 24, 2007, 03:10 AM »
Well, e-tailer http://www.toymaniacs.com already has wave 9.  It seems that between that and the Fry's report that Hasbro might be servicing their smaller accounts first with this wave.

Since cases are numbered wave 7 included the first of final 22 then isn't wave 8 the next figures and wave 9 the WM exclusives? So, toymaniacs got WM exclusives in? Why do the etailers and retailers get different wave numbers on their cases anyway--I've noticed this with basic figure and titanium ship cases..the numbers are vastly different from etailers boxes from retailers boxes. :-\

DS

If you want to parse words about it, then Toymaniacs got wave 8.  Most people I've seen in the forums call the Holo Obi-Wan/Appo/Clone Scout assortment wave 9.  You could just check their site to see the figures, of course.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 24, 2007, 09:45 AM »

Most people I've seen in the forums call the Holo Obi-Wan/Appo/Clone Scout assortment wave 9. 

Most people called the year 2000 the millennium. That doesn't mean they were right. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 24, 2007, 04:31 PM »
Still haven't yet to see any of the Final 22's.  One WM looks like their clearing for something.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 24, 2007, 07:17 PM »
come on hasbro im still waiting for the final 22....HEck i havent even seen a DS trooper yet what am i talking about
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 24, 2007, 08:26 PM »
come on hasbro im still waiting for the final 22....HEck i havent even seen a DS trooper yet what am i talking about

uhh DS trooper is part of the TAC line, paul...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 24, 2007, 09:13 PM »
uhh DS trooper is part of the TAC line, paul...

yeah i know....its a little double hit right there against hasbro.....never fully came out with the Endor wave in my area nor did the final 22(then again i dont think it has hit canada)  :-\    in other words hasbro does not seem to like Mississauga to much. 

And the name isnt Paul... :-X
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 24, 2007, 11:11 PM »
Whoo hoo - thanks to a few finds this week and a little help from Paul, I'm all caught up!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:49 PM by Rob »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Still haven't seen anything new. Every store I go to has either bare pegs or Endor wave figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2007, 04:15 AM »
Wave 8 is slowly, and I do mean slowly appearing in my area. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2007, 11:25 AM »
There have been a few semi-reliable reports over at RS that both the Walmart wave and wave 8 (Appo) are starting to hit in CA.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2007, 11:36 AM »
There have been a few semi-reliable reports over at RS that both the Walmart wave and wave 8 (Appo) are starting to hit in CA.

cool! time for my billion appos, a kitik, a mace droid, cantina 2-pack, and...not much else.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 27, 2007, 02:39 PM »

I also saw a posting over on a Joe Board that they were hitting in Vegas as well.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #313 on: January 27, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I am all caught up, just need the walmart wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 27, 2007, 05:59 PM »
I found two Final 22 figures today, the Green AOTC Clone and the Imperial R5-D4 repaint. I picked up the droid since I only had enough for one figure (and I got a Green Clone with those EE packs). Pretty sad that some of you are already caught up but down in Texas we haven't gotten anything.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks