Author Topic: New JD Review: C-3PO (With Ewok Throne)  (Read 17322 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: C-3PO (With Ewok Throne)
« on: October 26, 2006, 03:14 AM »

Clicky Button, Ready Review!

So here we are at the end of the initial wave of Endor figures...  But there are more to come, rest assured.

But with this last figure, I think it's probably the best value in the whole wave...  C-3PO (With Ewok Throne) is easily a GOOD buy at $7.  You get a large accessory, a partially new sculpt for a figure, and it's tough to deny that the fans have wanted this figure for so long now.

Hasbro took the ROTS 3PO sculpt and beefed it up in the articulation department for certain.  New legs make this the first sitting protocol droid and a nice effort on Hasbro's part.  My gripes with the figure were few and far between.  I think they could give 3PO a bit more poseability at the arms if they'd try, but the legs are a great start at least...  And the throne is fantastic to say the least. 

Hasbro delivered a figure fans will love, and this is the BEST classic trilogy 3PO on the market, hands down.  The MMC version was it till now, and that's a long wait if you ask me.  But he's here now, and I think he's a figure worth having a couple of for all your scenes.

Add to that, the fact that this 3PO also has removable limbs and head...  A carryover from the ROTS figure.  The legs aren't removable however, but the fact his arms and head pop off I believe adds playvalue to the toy.  A good effort overall on Hasbro's part, so my hat's off tot hem on this one.  It's pretty great.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: C-3PO (With Ewok Throne)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 11:18 PM »
This is one of my favorite figures ever. Of course I want some arm articulation next time around.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Imperialscum

• Youngling
  • Soy una llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Agree, in every aspect of your review.
The lack of arms articulation it´s sad but...with Hasbro you can never have it all.

I already have three of these, one for each prequel episode.

Oh an the pic of Threepio´s foot is great!
Que la fuerza te acompańe!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:06 PM »
It's a figure that's certainly a step in the right direction, but...

I hope the knee and hip joints encourage Hasbro to do something better down the road, like a VOTC Empire or Jedi C3PO.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 06:05 PM »
The first VOTC 3PO was for Empire, he had a ANH card though. ???

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:41 AM »
The first VOTC 3PO was for Empire, he had a ANH card though. ???
Was he 3PO in the alternate version of the movie where the Ugnaughts smelted him?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 7, 2006, 03:19 AM »
It's a figure that's certainly a step in the right direction, but...

I hope the knee and hip joints encourage Hasbro to do something better down the road, like a VOTC Empire or Jedi C3PO.

Definitely Anton, I've had that thought since I pondered how they could articulate knees...  Arms are even easier.  Just do the socket styled joints they've been doing and perfect.  The knees though are a huge step forward as I think they were a big hurdle for Hasbro...  Sometime now though I'd love seeing a figure whose arms swivel outward at the elbows or whatnot, and a couple wrist joints and the standard shoulders of course along with the knees and all.  It'd be cool to get a really poseable 3PO...

Also, one flaw they could fix is the right foot should be gold I've learned...  I wasn't sure actually, but he has a gold foot and only the shin is silver, so that'd be nice to get in the future.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 01:05 AM »
In my opinion, the best feature on the Ewok Throne C-3PO must indeed be the bendable knees, which do enable C-3PO to sit down.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 2, 2007, 09:13 PM »
OT, but Jesse where's the Podracer 2-pack reveiw?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2007, 02:05 AM »
On the way...  I don't do everything for my reviews myself, I just write them, and sometimes other aspects of the reviews hold up the process a little bit.  It'll be happening sometime in the near future though.  I'm not going to be reviewing any TSC from the final 22 figures due to them being repaints and such.  The point of reviewing a repaint is... well...  pointless.  I see some other sites have covered them and that's fine but since my reviews tend to be a little on the thorough side I skip the repainted stuff. ;)

So after the final saga figures I'm doing (End-Boo wave) we'll just have 30th Anniversary stuff to look forward to.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 05:05 AM »
i'm very happy that i bought this figure, the best 3po ever, looking good, and enough articulation
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 04:50 PM »
I finally picked one of these up in anticipation of a collaction room in my new house which we should be fully moved into by next month and I'm looking fdorward to having a small dio of Chewbacca, 3-PO and R2 playing chess in the Falcon.

Great review as always Jesse, and what a cool figure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 01:18 AM »
I just hope we can get them cheap at some point because there's a TON around me I wouldn't mind picking up. ;) 

Thanks Matt...

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 04:24 PM »
Well, they are going to repack this figure, so hopefully they'll clear out the original release before then...
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 09:29 PM »
It's a good 3PO, so that makes sense, but much like Boussh Leia, his last year's counterpart is still hangin' around for sure here as well.  I agree, maybe not the best choice...  Or give him a new accessory so adults take some interest in him too on some level.