Author Topic: Celebration IV Registration Begins October 30th!  (Read 17643 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV Registration Begins October 30th!
« Reply #30 on: November 2, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Hey, I got in at the Wilshire too!!!  I had the Holiday Inn but it wouldn't accept May 22nd and once I backed up to change my date it was gone.  The Wilshire was my second choice, so I am relieved.  But I got stuck paying $179.00 a night.... :-X

I think the only available for us was the Millenium (Falcon) Biltmore....  it's like $250 a night or some such crap..... (oy my wallet.... now how can I ever pay for stuff AT C4?)

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 2, 2006, 02:33 PM »
I think the only available for us was the Millenium (Falcon) Biltmore....  it's like $250 a night or some such crap..... (oy my wallet.... now how can I ever pay for stuff AT C4?)

Oboewan
That stinks.  It looks like they may have done the same thing they did for C3 - opened blocks of rooms gradually.  I just looked at the hotel list at it looks like rooms are available at most of the hotels.  Some are sold out for certain nights (mainly Friday night), but others have rooms available for the 23rd-28th.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 2, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Damn day for too many meetings.  I missed the chance to get the hotel I really wanted (Hilton).  Oh well, I do have a room at Hampton closer to the airport.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 2, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Damn day for too many meetings.  I missed the chance to get the hotel I really wanted (Hilton).  Oh well, I do have a room at Hampton closer to the airport.

I think the Hilton was the first to sell out... I think only 1 or 2 people from the DCSWCC made it into the Hilton
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 2, 2006, 06:09 PM »
I'm glad I ended up booking a hotel early on since I stuck at work at and it sounds like most of the close hotels are gone or will be soon.  I'm also only paying $90 something a night so thast saves me money to spend at C4.  Now hopefully the hotel is in a good spot of town.  May have to take a look during my lunch hour since its close to my work. 

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 2, 2006, 07:05 PM »
I ended up booking at the Mariott.  I just didn't want to deal with a cab ride or rental car from the Hampton everyday.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: November 2, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Done.  That was easier than I had ever hoped it would be.

That's a relief.

BTW, I booked my room at the Wilshire Grand. I was able to book Wednesday & Thursday nights last week for around $139/night tax included. It cost me $179+ tax for Friday night. So much for great convention rates.

Hey, I got in at the Wilshire too!!! I had the Holiday Inn but it wouldn't accept May 22nd and once I backed up to change my date it was gone. The Wilshire was my second choice, so I am relieved. But I got stuck paying $179.00 a night.... :-X

Party at the Wilshire! I got a room there as well. I would have liked to have gotten into the Holiday Inn but it was booked, my own fault for sleeping in until 2 today.... :-X :-[

Now I just need a roommate or two and some $$$...
"This is the way."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 3, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Well the booking was done as soon as it came online, 6 nights arriving on the 23rd & leaving on the 29th my Birthday. I will be bunking in with locals & couple of other Canuckleheads.  ;D

We are staying at the Holiday Inn, 0.2 miles from the Convention Centre.   :-*

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 3, 2006, 02:13 AM »
Well the booking was done as soon as it came online, 6 nights arriving on the 23rd & leaving on the 29th my Birthday. I will be bunking in with locals & couple of other Canuckleheads.  ;D

We are staying at the Holiday Inn, 0.2 miles from the Convention Centre.   :-*

Yeah, it'll be great staying across the street from the convention center - no need to deal with cabs or car rentals.  8)

the first round of drinks are on me at the JD party! :D

Just wanted to get that in quotes.

Kevin

You can count on it.  ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 5, 2006, 12:55 AM »
I booked my flights tonight.  I was able to use some frequent flier miles so I got them both for $10 :)  I'm only going to be there on Saturday and Sunday (with a possible late Friday and early Monday appearance).  Still, excited to be going!

Offline jedi_riccan

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 6, 2006, 03:50 PM »
I booked 4 rooms at the Fergueria as soon as it was announced, but I am gettin ready to cancel them all. I am like 99% sure I will be blowin off c4 for sure. I got Dcon in August, and I am not missing Flan next year, so I'll get to see cali then....
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 02:49 PM »
Damn ..no 50% off entry fee like I get at the CC annually, oh well.
Sounds like I get a free drink though...

DS