Author Topic: Celebration IV Announced: May 24-28/07 in LA!  (Read 22256 times)

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV: May 24-28/07 in LA
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 09:46 PM »
My parents just got a condo in Las Vegas so I was hoping for Vegas and finally make it one of these but alas I will miss another one.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV speculation (2007?)
« Reply #31 on: June 1, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Those dates suck as my wife is running a large scale meeting here that weekend, so I hope that isn't the date. :-\

Count me out >:(

WHAT????  You have to come!! 

Damn, and I wanted to meet the ole' sorehead too.

Looks like I may have to take the Metro Link to this since gas will prob. be 4$ a gallon by then :(. Right now the Metro link is like 16$ round trip to LA from here in the desert so it might be a nice alternative.   

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV speculation (2007?)
« Reply #32 on: June 4, 2006, 06:52 PM »

Looks like I may have to take the Metro Link to this since gas will prob. be 4$ a gallon by then :(. Right now the Metro link is like 16$ round trip to LA from here in the desert so it might be a nice alternative.   

There's always car pooling possibilities...

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 6, 2006, 11:35 AM »
I can only imagine how funny it will be to see some Stormtroopers riding the Metro.   :P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #34 on: June 6, 2006, 12:48 PM »
I'll still be on my honeymoon....and I don't think we'll be honymooning in LA.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2006, 09:19 PM »
News on CIV is up and about...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 09:22 PM »
It sounds like the tickets will be the same price as C3, $95 or a little extra since its in LA.  I say this since Steve Sansweet said fans will be getting in free for the Thursday so it should't be alot of difference unless LA Con Center is charging them an arm and a leg for the use of the center.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 01:32 PM »
My niece just called to tell me her wedding date....May 26th. 

Kind of hard to tell her that I was planning on going to a Star Wars convention.  Now I am down to two days and still dateless  :-\.
Beth

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 01:49 PM »
My niece just called to tell me her wedding date....May 26th. 

Kind of hard to tell her that I was planning on going to a Star Wars convention.  Now I am down to two days and still dateless  :-\.

Your hubby's not comming? ???  Looks like mine might pass too.  Shannon was supposed to be my date. :'(   Wanna be my date? :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 02:59 PM »

Wanna be my date? :)

Sure!!  :D  I plan on flying out Wednesday and leaving Saturday morning unless I can't get a flight into Appleton, WI by noon.  Then I'll have to catch a late flight out Friday night to Milwaukee.  I am hoping Thursday will have some autographing going on as that is my favorite part. 
Jay is hesitant to go just in case our son's college baseball team makes the playoffs.  They have in the last several years and he doesn't want to miss it (me either but I pace so much when he pitches that I miss most of it anyways). 

So if things turn out that you need a roomie down the road - it works for me!!  Otherwise I'll have to see what my Canadian buddies are doing for rooms  ;)

Shannon was supposed to be my date. :'(   

I think it would have been a blast if the three of us ended up going together.  I sure won't be the same without her  :'(

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Looks like you and I will be missing each other Beth :'(  If, and it's still an if, I can make it down it probably won't be until Friday night at the earliest and might be Saturday night.  It's just not working out well and not at all fair to Mrs. Bug to bail considering she's organizing the meeting she's attending.  Just craptastic timing.   :(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 07:31 AM »
Looks like you and I will be missing each other Beth :'( 

Bummer.... :(
I am sure Tracy and the gang will pick up the slack in my absence though  ;)
Beth

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2006, 09:34 AM »
I plan on flying out Wednesday and leaving Saturday morning unless I can't get a flight into Appleton, WI by noon.  Then I'll have to catch a late flight out Friday night to Milwaukee.  I am hoping Thursday will have some autographing going on as that is my favorite part. 
They'd better have autographing on Thursday!  I'm not planning to stay past Saturday, and that's my favorite part too.  :) 

I don't see why they wouldn't - C3 started on a Thursday and almost all the guests were there signing autographs the first day IIRC.  I am a little worried about missing someone good if they decide to only come on Saturday or Sunday, but that's a chance I'll just have to take I guess.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 01:41 PM »

I am a little worried about missing someone good if they decide to only come on Saturday or Sunday, but that's a chance I'll just have to take I guess.

Same here.  I figure chances are one of the OT actors might just do a Saturday signing (Hamill or Fisher) but there's nothing I can do about it and that's speculating that either one would.
Beth

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006, 02:19 PM »
Looks like you and I will be missing each other Beth :'( 

Bummer.... :(
I am sure Tracy and the gang will pick up the slack in my absence though  ;)

I must proclaim here and now that I am not responsible for anything I say or do while I am wearing Shannon's infamous shirt.  I hereby  request declare complete immunity. ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 02:46 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(