Author Topic: 2006 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 87310 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #585 on: December 13, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Anyone know if there is a box for the 4 James Bond sets being offered anywhere?  I thought maybe they'd do one like they did for LOTR.  I haven't opened mine yet, but I'm assuming there's no offer inside.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 13, 2006, 09:15 PM »
Anyone know if there is a box for the 4 James Bond sets being offered anywhere?  I thought maybe they'd do one like they did for LOTR.  I haven't opened mine yet, but I'm assuming there's no offer inside.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason that you want the box for something special, or is it a "I want it because it'll be cool to have all the boxes in one box." type deal?

I find box's with more than 3 DVD's in them become tedious for me, removing and refilling. Though for uniformity's sake, I'd love a box for the Clone Wars and prequel Trilogy.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 13, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Yeah, it'd be cool if it was contained. 

What's the big deal?  It's not like I'm losing sleep over it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #588 on: December 13, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Having missed a bunch of movies this summer/fall (gee, I wonder why?  :P), I've been buying a bunch of DVDs lately -

- Superman Returns
- Richard Donner Superman II
- Cars
- Pirates 2
- Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
- Alias Season 5

But, of course, we haven't had time to watch any of them yet.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 14, 2006, 10:34 AM »
As someone who has never seen any of the Reeve Superman films, but wants to watch I and II, should I get the regular Superman II DVD or the Donner cut? I'm not sure if I should get both and compare them (as everyone else on the Internet seems to have done) or just get one.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 15, 2006, 12:19 PM »
If your interesting the art of filmmaking and want to see how ego can destroy genus, get both versions. If you want to sit and watch an excellent story, only get the the Donner cut. 1 and 2 are esentially one big movie (but please forgive the fact that it was impossible to polish Donner's version.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 27, 2006, 07:54 PM »
For anyone interested.  Best Buy has all five seasons of "24" for only 19.99 each.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 27, 2006, 08:41 PM »

From X-Mas.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 28, 2006, 09:43 AM »
For anyone interested.  Best Buy has all five seasons of "24" for only 19.99 each.

Not a bad deal considering I still need season 5.  I picked up seasons 2-4 at Target on Black Friday for $16 as well as some of the later Simpsons sets I was missing.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 28, 2006, 10:59 AM »

8)

Nice.  I saw this movie in the theater a billion years ago.  It was just so freaky then that I had to own it on DVD.  It's amazing.  My wife isn't a fan though, so whenever she and the youngin' are out, I pop a few beers and turn out the lights and turn this sucker up loud. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 31, 2006, 11:32 AM »
WMis running a $4.44 sale on DVD's. Picked up The Hunt for Red October and The Golden Child for my wife. Not too many great films, but certainly watchable ones.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 1, 2007, 12:17 PM »

8)

Nice.  I saw this movie in the theater a billion years ago.  It was just so freaky then that I had to own it on DVD.  It's amazing.  My wife isn't a fan though, so whenever she and the youngin' are out, I pop a few beers and turn out the lights and turn this sucker up loud. 

I remember this movie was much more "interesting" 13-15 years ago with a girl named Mary and her friend named Jane.  Ah, the good ol days.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN