Author Topic: Recent Releases  (Read 4574 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Recent Releases
« on: February 12, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Just thought I'd start this thread (it may already exist if I had read back farther) because I missed Darth Bane 3 and Crosscurrent had been released til just the other day.

Any help posting when new SW books come out would be appreciated.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Recent Releases
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:03 PM »
Here is a good reference site http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 03:04 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Check out the This Week in Star Wars comics thread.  I do try and catch the novels as they come out.  And there is one tomorrow....

STAR WARS CLONE WARS GAMBIT SC STEALTH   $15.00

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:08 PM »
I was surprised to see Crosscurrent as well - just happened to have time to browse borders.com when I got a coupon a week or so ago.  I didn't know DB 3 was out though - has it only been released in hardcover?  

Corman - I'll be checking out your posts more if they are novel related.  I thought you were just posting comic info, which I already get from my comic subscription service.  One request - would you mind noting that it is a Novel (I'd love it even more if you know its hardcover vs. softcover, but I Can check that - I only buy paperback)?  Your latest post seemed to fall in with the magazines.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:10 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:00 AM »
Is Clone Wars Gambit an adult novel or a kids novel?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:17 AM »
Is "Shadow's of Mindor" available today?  I had a calender reminder pop up stating it was coming out today, but maybe that is just the paperback version.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 08:21 AM »
Is "Shadow's of Mindor" available today?  I had a calender reminder pop up stating it was coming out today, but maybe that is just the paperback version.

That must mean paperback because it came out a while ago as a hardcover.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 08:52 AM »

Makes sense - I only collect paperbacks now.   ;)  Is it worth reading?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:10 AM »

Makes sense - I only collect paperbacks now.   ;)  Is it worth reading?

I bought it used at Half Price Books (meaning I wasn't overly excited) so that means it's in the "to do list" still.

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Gambit is in the oversized trade paperback size and is the continues the Karen Miller and Karen Travis Clone Wars series.  I count them as adult in my collection, but you may not.  If you liked (or bought) the previous two (No Prisioners and Wild Space) this is the next one.

The only thing I hate about the oversized trade paperback size is the $15 price tag.   :Pbah.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I do consider that a part of the adult series and I also hate that they think by upsizing a paperback they can charge twice the price. I'll be waiting for this used.