Author Topic: Sculpting A Galaxy  (Read 4369 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Sculpting A Galaxy
« on: October 29, 2006, 05:34 PM »
Amazon has up for preorder the Sculpting a Galaxy (Limited Edition): Inside the Star Wars Model Shop (Hardcover) for a wopping $395.00.

Also the Sculpting a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars Model Shop (Hardcover) will be available for $31.50.

This will be released on November 14, 2006 & you can read more about it at the official site.

Sculpting a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars Model Shop.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Sculpting A Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 08:45 AM »
Although I think that the Limited Edition is an unbelievable package, there's no way I can justify $400 for it.  I have the hardcover in my Wishlist already.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 09:02 PM »
This book is pretty good, but many of the Episode 1 photos are terrible. They're grainy and the focus is really soft.  They stand out next to the crisp photos elsehwere.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Got an order in on the LE copy, and it should arrive either real late this week, or next week early (I hope anyway).  I caved and put an order in at B&N and got the book after getting a membership for about $360 shipped.  Little less, but at that point it's nothing to worry about.

Outstanding book, I was reading through it at Borders one day...  For a fan of the special effects and particularly model-making, it's a simply must-have piece for your collection.  You HAVE to own the LE.  I'm such a fan of models it was an easy purchase for me really, just hard for me justifying spending that moolah on anything.  However, the XB360 isn't coming down in price soon, so I decided to buy this instead, pay it off, then I'll hopefully be able to get an XB for cheaper.  That'd be cool.

Anyway, greatness...  I cannot wait for the book, and really the little model pieces are the closest I'll ever come to owning actual film props.  I can't wait for this.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline starwarsgeek

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • StarWarsGeek.net
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Wow, old thread.... anyway...

Last week I saw that Amazon had the Limited Edition version of this book (the $395 version) on their site listed for $80  :o

I quickly grabbed my credit card and placed an order, even though I already have the $50 version (and it's well worth that price, trust me). I recently found out that Amazon made a mistake and put those up for sale at an incorrect price... but they said they would honor any orders that were placed. And, they did... mine arrived yesterday.

All I can say is Oh. My. GODS. This package is simply amazing! Like I said, the book is well worth the price by itself, and if you don't already have it, go find a copy. In fact I have a used copy that I'll let go for a good price  ;D

The Landspeeder replica is nice, but the Death Star tile replicas are so totally cool, they make it worth the price of the book right there. I don't know if I would spend $395 for it, but I did find it available at Buy.com for only $127 and FREE SHIPPING as well - right here. If you don't have it yet, it's well worth that price as well IMO.