Author Topic: The pitch - application process  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The pitch - final letter for your review 11/12/06
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Ok. The letter is emailed out. Keep your fingers crossed. 8)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 11:20 PM »
I talked to Mary Franklin at LucasFilm. She likes the letter and says we are off to a great start. Applications go out this friday.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 11:41 PM »
w00t Thats awesome Paul. C4 here we come

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 07:09 AM »
Great news Paul.  Any idea what the application process will be like?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 11:28 AM »
I guess it will be fill out the form and send it in. I'll post it when they put it up this friday.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 06:11 PM »
I talked to Mary Franklin at LucasFilm. She likes the letter and says we are off to a great start. Applications go out this friday.

WICKED killer! Sorry I havn't had a chance to respond to any of these developments yet - the Sunday-Tuesday strech is pretty hectic for me.... But that was a great letter, and this news is very cool!

Nice work - to all involved  ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The pitch - Application packet
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Ok. This is the paper work I need to get together. It looks like fan booths are only 10x10 so lets plan on this size. Chewie and I need to get this stuff together by the end of the year. We won't know if we are accepted until the end of January.

Guidelines for Fan Club Participation at Celebration IV

There will be a limited number of free fan club table spaces available at Celebration IV for unofficial, local and regional fan clubs and similar fan organizations. These tables will allow the clubs to promote their organizations to other Star Wars fans, and to act as a central location for club activities at Celebration.

Clubs that qualify will be supplied with an 8’ table and two chairs, and a space approximately 10’ wide by 10’ deep. Clubs will be asked to make specific arrangements with the facility or the official decorator for additional utilities or other equipment at the prevailing rate. The fan group table location is yet to be determined, but likely will be in one of the large exhibit halls in combination with other fan-sponsored displays and actIVities, in an area called the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall.

Fan group tables must be staffed by at least one person who represents the club at all times during the hours that the hall is open. The tentative hours for the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall during Celebration IV are:
Thursday, May 24 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Friday, May 25 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, May 26 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, May 27 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Monday, May 28 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM

No club will be allowed to sell merchandise or services at their table. Clubs are welcome, however, to purchase booths in the Celebration Exhibit Hall if they choose to sell merchandise. To reserve a booth in the Exhibit Hall contact Megan Culver at megan@gencon.com.

Fan clubs wishing to participate with a Star Wars Celebration IV fan club table must turn in an application packet by December 31, 2006 that includes:

Names and contact information of club leaders, from two to four individuals.
Fan Club resume (see resume requirements below)
Written plan and description of what will be offered at the Celebration IV fan club table or area
Samples of all literature and items that will be given away, for approval
Images of all graphics that will be used in the booth, for approval
Fan club resumes must include:

Name of club and full contact information. There must be at least one telephone number in addition to email or Web addresses.
Description of club focus and priorities
Brief outline of previous projects and activities
List of current projects and activities
Description of club structure
Approximate membership number
At least one personal or business reference for each individual listed as a club leader
What we look for when considering fan club applications:

Involvement and positive influence in the Star Wars fan community
Quality of involvement per fan club member, not simply quantity of members
Originality of club purpose
Exhibiting ideas and plans – that you will add to the Celebration IV experience for your fellow fans in some way.
Mail application packets to:
Mary Franklin
Lucasfilm
PO Box 29901
San Francisco, CA 94129
Packets must be received by December 31, 2006 for consideration. Clubs will be notified by January 31, 2007 on whether or not their application was accepted.

*Fan groups with ideas for fan-sponsored activities and programming, who are willing to volunteer their time to share with other fans, can submit their ideas, too! Please send a brief initial proposal (limit 500 words) to fanevents@starwars.com, or mail it to Mary Franklin; Lucasfilm Ltd., PO Box 29901, San Francisco, CA 94129. Include your email address and contact information. Briefly summarize what you would do, time, budget, and materials needed, number of people involved, and how the audience could participate, if at all. Initial proposals will be considered for final proposals, and do not guarantee scheduling during Celebration IV.[\b]

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: The pitch - application process
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 12:38 PM »
whoa.

This should be fun! ;D

So, uh, what's our "Fan Club"? The entirety of Customizing?  Cause otherwise, what do we list as previous activities?

And once again, I gotta say: the fact that our project (and hobby) includes participants from different countries might be a good selling point for us....

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 04:51 PM »
We are kind of like scientologists. Everyone is a member whether they know it or not.  :P

Actually the secretaries have a our mailing list. That is the list I'm using for membership records. Previous activities are the last 13 group projects and Chewie's Customizing Challanges.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 05:25 PM »
What do you need from me? PM Sent.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Not sure yet. I think we need to schedule a chat that all of us can attend.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Previous activities are the last 13 group projects and Chewie's Customizing Challanges.

I think that is a very good idea.  I think we should also put a spotlight on the website where we take the best of the best from each monthly challenge (for those that are participating) to show off the skills.  Obviously, we don't have a lot of the diorama built but it can certainly show what we are capable of!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Now that the weekend is here, CC1 and I are gonna get this scheduled. We'll update you all when its up.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 03:25 PM »
So when is the chat???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 05:36 PM »
Just some past experience on running a booth like that, that you might find helpful anyway...  The booth is small.  Maybe smaller than you're even thinking.  It was tough (to say the least) for the FFURG staff to keep their spot organized, it was cramped since we had a lot of volunteering and things going on...  It was also difficult to set up (which I and Doug Schroeder did the night before).  It's a small space with not a lot of room to work...  Just to keep that in mind.

Plus it was very VERY hectic and busy for the FFURG table all week/weekend.  WE had tons of people coming up daily, we had tons of people coming for the demostrations and things...  And with everything we had on display, I gotta say that display cabinets we had there were REALLY helpful and protected the displayed items quite well from kids, table bumps, and the like... 

HOpe that's some helpful tips to the crew running this.  Ryan's surely able to give some of his experiences too since he helped run the FFURG table a lot of the show last year.  There were a number of unexpected circumstances, lemme tell ya.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77