Author Topic: Star Wars: Old Friends ... Part 5  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Swede

• Youngling
  • Burt Reynolds flew X-Wings?
    • View Profile
Star Wars: Old Friends ... Part 5
« on: October 31, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Hey guys!

If you liked this story, here's another chapter ... sorry it's taken so long.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Old Friends ... Part 5
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Swede,

As you know, I love this series!!!

Technically, this looks great.  I love the various sets you have created and the digital effects add a lot. 

The character development and humor is wonderful - the fighting is great.

I really love seeing the classic characters in a photonovel, which is very rare.  Han, Luke and Leia.  Doesn't get any cooler than that and you do a very good job with these folks.  Nice seeing Leia in charge, she kind of gets shoved to the side in the films a little, even though she really is one of the central figures of the Rebellion.

Luke comes across as appropriately earnest and do-gooder-y.  Nice to finally see Camie in the story, I can't wait to see that relationship develop (another love triangle with Han and Luke vying for the girl, perhaps?!)

Anyway, I'll try to post more detailed comments, but I always enjoy the hell out of your efforts.

Just wish more people would come here and join the conversation....AHEM...
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 3, 2006, 08:46 AM »
Hey Lance,

Thanks again for checking this out.  I always appreciate your commentary.
You are hands down one of the most passionate proponants of PNs (if not THE most) I've seen on any of the boards. There is no mistaking your love for Star Wars ... especially the OT!
I totally agree with you on Leia.  When I was a kid, I'd always wondered what it would've been like if Luke had caved to the Darkside ... and Leia would've stepped up to the plate ... the whole "there is another" scenerio.
A young Carrie Fisher in a black Jedi robe would've been bad@ss! ;D

Thanks for the feedback, buddy!
-Swede
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 3, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Nice to see an update again.  I had to re-read your older chapters to refresh my memory, but this story picks up exactly where the previous left off.

I agree with Lance about your style.  Very original and easy to read.  Your sets are really outstanding.  Perhaps I need to take note if I want to continue making PNs.

All the characters are spot on, such as Han, Luke, and Chewie.  Great dialogue in between action sequences.  Tarkin is a lot of fun to read, but the small dialogue between the Clone and Imperial officer was funny.  While your effects are not perfect, they more than do the job in your story.  Are you using Paintbrush?

Lots of props in updating your story.  I know what it can be like to go weeks if not months between updates.  :-\

Keep up the good work, and start working on the next update.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 3, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Excellent story and some really good special effects. Im really enjoying this story. Apparantly I have missed an episode or 2 so Im going to have to go back and re read them.

I love the fact that it takes place in the OT era, not many PNs do that. I look forward to reading more.

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 3, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the really kind feeback!

SA:  Man, I can't wait for the continuation of your series ... it's truely wonderful!
 I know what you mean by the work thing.  That's why I can work on these for 2 months at a time and then I have to take 2 months off ... I have a rotating work shift schedule that switches every other month ... it's nuts, but pays well.  But as a result I can't post very regularly. 
I wish my effects were better and I actually tried getting PhotoImpact, the same one Chewie uses, off of eBay ... but the guy ripped me off! I swear ... over 200 transactions on the Bay and I've never had a bad experience until then; the dude literally took my money and ran ... so I have a case pending with paypal now.  Until then, I'm just using MS Paintbrush that came with my windows  :(
I try not to make the effects look too cruddy, but I'm no Todd McFarlane ....LOL

Ennis:  I'm glad you dug the story, it's a lot of fun to kick your feet up and think ...what if?   Glad you're enjoying it  man.

-Swede

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 8, 2006, 01:44 PM »
Finally! :D
I liked the new update!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Hey Artoo, glad you liked it!

The next one will be extremely heavy in the action department. 
I'm dreading, doing all of the effects! It'll take forever :P

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 09:28 PM »
Bump .....Holy smokes, Deanna Rash has been very busy!  :o

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 1, 2006, 11:44 PM »
 ;DThanks Swede! Trying to catch up! I really like this story!Nice pics too.did you notice that the unmasked Death Star Gunner looks like Christian Lambert(highlander)
 ;DGreat Job Swede !Can't wait for the next one! ;D
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!