Author Topic: NBA 2006-07  (Read 62590 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2007 Playoffs
« Reply #315 on: May 14, 2007, 10:24 PM »
Allow me to contribute .....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 14, 2007, 11:08 PM »
Nuh-uh, Boozer is the only one worth it.  Think about talent and the NAME.  What's not to love? 8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Thank god for the Spurs/Suns series.  It's the only interesting series left in the Playoffs (for now).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 15, 2007, 10:16 AM »
I think David Stern ought to sit Robert Horry on the bench for the rest of the playoffs.  That hip check was purely intentional and stunk of intent to injure Steve Nash.  Stern better sit Horry down for that one.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 15, 2007, 10:54 AM »
C'mon, that's like asking Laimbeer to sit in his day...will it ever happen? no!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2007, 10:56 AM »
C'mon, that's like asking Laimbeer to sit in his day...will it ever happen? no!

I'm not sure I see the parallel.  But we'll see.  I think he's gonna get some time on the pine.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Horry will be suspended, the real question is will Amare and Diaw after coming off the bench?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Horry will be suspended, the real question is will Amare and Diaw after coming off the bench?

Amare, no.  Diaw, possibly.  This is the NBA afterall. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Hmmph, if they followed their rules to a tee the NBA would suspend both players/regardless of their intentions when leaving the bench. Rules are rules- well, it should be that way but I think the NBA will soften it a bit or 'look the other way' on the suns issue. I think the second they realized that if they suspend the Suns players then they realize they just killed the series for the Suns, their fans will be pissed, and ratings will **** the bed too.

I mean really...a defensive Spurs VS Utah series...YAWN/BORING 

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2007, 05:51 PM »
I mean really...a defensive Spurs VS Utah series...YAWN/BORING 

when the spurs/suns series is over, regardless of the outcome, there will be no reason to bother watching anymore.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2007, 05:53 PM »
agreed

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Are you guys serious?  I mean, I am admittedly biased, with a built in local "wow" factor motivating me, but the Jazz are playing some really good basketball right now.  Between Boozer, Fisher, and Williams, plus a decent supporting cast, I'm having a blast watching them.

Don't get me wrong; I've got no grand delusions about how this Jazz team stacks up about historical teams, or even some of the better teams in the league this season, but being as objective as I can be, I've gotta still say, they've been really fun to watch in the playoffs.

Why no love for Utah?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 15, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Wow!  What a bunch of B.S.  Amare and Diaw suspended for "being on the floor."  LOL!  Now there is a video of Duncan on the floor during an earlier incident.  Naturally he does not get suspended for a game.  Hmmm...maybe it's because he is a superstar?  Oh well it's the NBA's own idiocy. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 16, 2007, 01:11 AM »
yeah, at least they followed the league rules for the suns..with the BS coming on Duncan not being suspended ::).

No, I get bored watching Utah play, sorry-if someone actually disagrees with your opinion of them

Like was mentioned this series..Suns VS SA is the best and yet, somehow the NBA management has managed to screw that up too. The playoffs actually end after that series for me, too.

Quite certain the NBA will 'modify' their bench leaving rule in the off season. Something to the effect that if a player leaves their sideline but doesn't make an agressive move-IE help a teamate up off floor ect, then they cannot be suspended.

Why do I feel if Duncan gets to play the next game and the Suns lose, then lose the series, that I'm gonna be sick?

Lame

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2007, 04:30 AM »
Of course I start publicly commending the Jazz for playing exciting ball, only to have them play the sloppiest game since before the All Star break (or at least their regular season, 28 point loss to PHX, which I hope isn't a harbinger of things to come).  But thanks to Golden State's meltdown and another game winning performance from Kirilenko, they're still in it.  Whew.
"Really?  Sorry."