Author Topic: I'm a newbie? *sigh*  (Read 4391 times)

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
I'm a newbie? *sigh*
« on: June 2, 2003, 11:31 PM »
What's up guys?

I recognize most of the names around from Rebelscum, CSW or GH, but may as well say howdy and introduce myself to those that don't know me.

I'm 26 and a grad student at the University of Colorado-Boulder. I've been on the forums staff at CSW and then RS when the sites merged. I'm currently helping out Mike at GH. I dabble in both Vintage and modern SW collecting, with a focus on Darth Vader items. I also collect autographs and, to a lesser degree, comic books.

If anyone's interested, my website is here.

Cheers,
Matt
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: I'm a newbie? *sigh*
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2003, 11:35 PM »
Welcome to JD Matt!  Glad to have you over here!  BTW, I checked out your personal website and it looks great!  Gotta love Sideshow Bob!  Enjoy your time over here and MTFBWY!
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2003, 11:46 PM »
Greetings and welcome.  Yours is one of the names I remember from CSW, the site that to this day still had my favorite style of organization for checklists.  

Wanna buy some comic books? ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2003, 11:51 PM »
Good to see you here Matt.You didnt bring any chinchillas with you did you? :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2003, 11:57 PM »

Oh, there's a tribble joke just waiting to happen ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: June 3, 2003, 12:35 AM »
Welcome to JD Matt!  I know you're just here for the Hooters hot wings though - admit it!  Regardless, I'm glad someone besides Bob was finally brave enough to venture over here to say "hey"!  After all, several staff members here have spent more than their fair share of time on "your side of the fence"!   ;D  We are getting a little heavy in the Matt's now though...  I believe you make it at least 6 now, which would make you Matt #6 officially here (just in case you see "Matt #_" around the boards - you won't get confused  ;)).  But I suppose we could just call you GH Matt, eh?!  Yeah, that works...   8)

Be careful if you brought any of your chinchillas over here, 'cause we occasionally have some llamas that run loose around these boards, and I'd hate for one of your little fellas to get trampled!  :P

Excellent Vader collection you've ammassed there too!  I especially dig this unproduced Bespin Vader you managed to get your mitts on.  Nice score!

Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay and we'll see you around the boards...
- The Original Matt (at JD anyways)   :P

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 3, 2003, 04:09 AM »
Welcome to JD Matt # 6!   :P  It's great to have you and your impressive Darth Vader collection here!  So how long have you been a Vader focus collector?  Certainly a great choice in characters to concentrate on.  Enjoy the fun here and hopefully we'll see around the forums a good deal more!  But no chinchillas though please.  They make me think of Richard Gere too much.  Thanks!

Grant

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2003, 05:07 AM »
Welcome, Matt!   ;D  Hey that sounds familiar... great Vader collection.  Really impressive, you should be proud.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 3, 2003, 08:34 AM »
to JediDefender Matt. Very glad you are here. I foresee chinchillas in the future.  ;D  Enjoy!  :)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 3, 2003, 08:37 AM »
Great to see you Matt. Welcome to the place.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 3, 2003, 01:32 PM »
welcome Matt!!!  I like your Towlie avatar!!!  "Wanna get high?" ;D ;) 8)
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 3, 2003, 02:40 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  :D

Wanna buy some comic books? ;)

LOL - only if they are the specific ones that I'm looking for (early Claremont issues of Uncanny X-Men and Amazing Spider-Man 121 & 122).  8)

I tried. The security guy caught me trying to smuggle them in here from GH and made me turn them loose before entering.  ;)

Welcome to JD Matt!  I know you're just here for the Hooters hot wings though - admit it!  Regardless, I'm glad someone besides Bob was finally brave enough to venture over here to say "hey"!  After all, several staff members here have spent more than their fair share of time on "your side of the fence"!   ;D  We are getting a little heavy in the Matt's now though...  I believe you make it at least 6 now, which would make you Matt #6 officially here (just in case you see "Matt #_" around the boards - you won't get confused  ;)).  But I suppose we could just call you GH Matt, eh?!  Yeah, that works...   8)

Be careful if you brought any of your chinchillas over here, 'cause we occasionally have some llamas that run loose around these boards, and I'd hate for one of your little fellas to get trampled!  :P

Yeah, I'm here for the Hooters wings. I figured if anyone could hook me up, it'd be you Matt #1.  Sheesh, this is already starting to sound like the Stonecutters on the Simpsons with the numbering system...

Llamas? They can crush all the chinchillas they want, but I might start having issues if they start going after my monkets!  ;)

It's great to have you and your impressive Darth Vader collection here!  So how long have you been a Vader focus collector?  Certainly a great choice in characters to concentrate on.  

Thanks for all the complements on the collection. I've been focusing on Vader for about 2 1/2 years now. It's a really nice focus to have, as it allows me to collect a bit in so many different areas (modern, vintage, prototypes, micro, coins, etc.) while keeping a cohesive feel to the collection.

Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: June 3, 2003, 02:58 PM »
Thanks for all the complements on the collection. I've been focusing on Vader for about 2 1/2 years now. It's a really nice focus to have, as it allows me to collect a bit in so many different areas (modern, vintage, prototypes, micro, coins, etc.) while keeping a cohesive feel to the collection.

Geez, the Vader collection was impressive enough already, but you put that all together in just 2 1/2 years Matt?!  Now that's really impressive!  You must be a pretty busy eBay fella, huh?  Well done.  Very envious of some of those pieces in there, I am.  Keep it up!   8)

And we'll have the security here make sure that our llamas and your monkets are kept at a safe distance at all times...   :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 3, 2003, 03:08 PM »
LMK the Claremont issues you're looking for, by number, I have an awful lot of Uncanny issues.  

I know I don't have those spidey issues or if I did, I'd keep them.  

And oh yeah, I'm serious about the comics.  I'm slowly offloading most of my stuff.  I even parted with the She-Hulk stuff :'(

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: June 3, 2003, 05:39 PM »
Thanks for joining us here at JediDefender, Matt. It's good to have you here. I look forward to reading your posts. :)