Community > Watto's Junk Yard

The Spider-Man Movie Series

<< < (110/114) > >>

Phrubruh:
I think they are developing Paul's character and only at the end he gets the suit. It's kind of a to be continued thing.

DSJ™:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to Set Up The Sinister Six

Diddly:
Caught it this morning. I liked the parts that didn't involve Spider-Man in costume or Electro. Imagine if the films that built up the Avengers were combined into one 2.5 hour movie, but with the Sinister Six, and that's what ASM2 is. Better than the last one at least.

MVP of the film is the guy who played Harry.

BillCable:
Dean DeHaan.  His dad is a member of PSWCS.   8)

Brian:
Got a chance to see this today as well.  Some things I liked, some things could have been better.  I sort of look at the Spidey movies through rose colored glasses.  I got my first Spidey comic when I was 5, basically learned to read with Spidey comics, and have been hooked pretty much ever since.  I think Andrew Garfield makes a great Peter Parker/Spidey, and his chemistry with his real-life girl Emma Stone as Gwen is very well done as well.  I really liked Dane DeHaan as Harry as well.  The Spidey suit in this movie is my favorite of any of them I think, and looks like it came right off the page.

Electro, I wasn't really sold on.  Not sure why, just wasn't working for me.  The movie seemed to jump around a lot as well, but I think a lot of that was due to future movie/movie universe set up.  The Rhino stuff was pretty minimal, but has some potential.  I'm glad that had more of a resolution to the whole story involving his parents set up in the first movie.  All in all, not perfect but an improvement on the last one I thought.  I will admit to having problems completely disliking anything Spidey or Star Wars, and tend to watch a lot of these popcorn movies like a kid would.  I'm always just excited to see these heroes on the big screen, whereas it was just Superman (and later Batman) when I was a kid.  Pretty good movie though, and I'm curious to see where it heads from here (staying spoiler free as possible).  As a side note to those with kids, our daughter (who is a Spidey fan) didn't enjoy it.  Thought it needed more action and was "too sad" in parts.

As for an after credits sequence, I had already heard about the clip from X-Men (as part of the deal to get Marc Webb out of his contract with Fox apparently), but others in our audience were like "what the hell?"

--- Quote from: BillCable on May  2, 2014, 05:04 PM ---Dean DeHaan.  His dad is a member of PSWCS.   8)

--- End quote ---

He was actually on Fallon this week, and asked if his parents were fans.  He talked about his dad having a basement with "floor to ceiling Star Wars and a Princess Leia dartboard", and mentioned that the first thing he wanted to do after finding out his son got the role was to tell his "comic book group".  Kind of a neat story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version